Coach Changes 2017

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Hammerhead83, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Hammerhead83

Hammerhead83 Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's clearly winter now here in upstate NY. Patrick Farmer is out as HC at Cornell & that job has been open for a couple weeks. Farmer had an overall 5-year record at Cornell of 30-44-8. Omitting his 1st season (with none of his own recruits), his record was 29-30-7. The best players his 1st season were freshmen. Not a good overall record but believe it or not, he leaves the program in much better shape than when he arrived. Cornell's record the 5-years prior to Farmer's arrival was 14-59-4. Not sure who's a candidate for this Cornell job but would be curious to know of any possible candidates. Hopefully, someone young and energetic will get this opportunity.

2. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Personally, I'm a huge fan of Hornibrook (acting). Energetic and all. He should get it.

3. Hammerhead83

Hammerhead83 Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hornibrook is great, but I'm not sure he wants the job. If he wants the HC job, you're correct, Dwight should get it.

4. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I wonder if Farmer opted out after the base term of the contract. Maybe you know better. I would think with two older coaches on staff, it's sort of a planned succession thing. I also think Dwight should bring in Grant-Keane from Ithaca as AC. I believe his adult daughter and her are old classmates/buds or something. She is an excellent young coach/recruiter.

5. Hammerhead83

Hammerhead83 Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dwight Hornibrook has been named HC for the Cornell Women's team. I think he'll do a great job! Good Luck Dwight!

Nacional Tijuana repped this.