Clubs Eying hot-shot Grenadian Striker

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by mikeyjames, Mar 7, 2011.

1. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Chase on for hot-shot Grenadian Striker

[​IMG]

Skysports.com understands a host of Championship clubs are eyeing non-league hot-shot Bradley Bubb.

Bubb has been earning rave reviews after a number of eye-catching performances for Blue Square South side Farnborough.
    The Grenadian international has had scouts flocking to watch him after netting 10 goals in his last eight games and he has scored more than 30 goals in each of his last two seasons.
    Portsmouth have shown an interest in Bubb with the young forward featuring in a behind closed-doors friendly against Reading reserves earler this week.
    The 23-year-old scored against a strong Royals outfit as Pompey boss Steve Cotterill cast an eye over him.
    A number of other Championship sides are also believed to be keen on having a look at Bubb as they consider a move for the prolific hit-man.

Bubb is out of contract at the end of the season and it seems he is likely to move on in the summer.

Bubb has 20 goals in 31 Appearances for The Season so far.

[FONT=&quot]SOURCE: SKYSPORTS

IN OTHER NEWS

BUBB TURNS DOWN BERNET

[/FONT]
    Farnborough's Bradley Bubb has turned down a move to Barnet after the League Two club had an offer accepted for the promising striker

Bubb was unhappy with the terms offered by Barnet and was loath to move from Farnborough, who are on course for promotion to the Blue Square Premier, to a club who are struggling at the foot of League Two.
    The highly rated front-man told skysports.com: "They spoke to my agent and the terms offered were less than what most Conference clubs pay so I decided it's better to keep my options open as I am available for a nominal amount in the summer."
    Barnet were desperate to land the hitman but will now train their sights elsewhere.
    It is expected a number of other Football League clubs could now take advantage of the situation and make their move.

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

2. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I was hoping it was Bain, but yes Bubb is having a great season with Farnborough. He already declined a move to Barnet in League Two as well.

3. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
    yea bubb has a bright future, he's only 23..it will be hard for bain to get signed unless he plays extremely well at the 2011 gold cup and catches the eyes of a club in the U.S Or U.K. i think the fact that he's currently playing in Aruba is hurting his career. the man has been the golden boot winner at 2 consecutive digicel Caribbean cups. he's need to leave the Caribbean and move to the U.S Or The U.K to further his career.

i think he can definitely play in MLS.

4. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He's actually playing in Antigua which is a step up from Aruba but still not where he could be playing. I was disappointed with his time in England because I don't think he had time to get acclimated and still did OK with Tranmere's reserves. Last he may have signed with Carolina Railhawks who I believe play in the second tier of American soccer. If he does well, you never know what might happen. Omar Daley of Jamaica and Darryl Roberts of T&T played at a similar level before going on to making careers in England and Holland/Turkey, respectively. Unfortunately though, Bain, at 28, probably only has 5 or so years at when he can perform at his top level.

As for Bubb, I think what happens with his career is up to him and whether or not he puts in the work to make it as a professional. I think he needs to mature though just judging by some of the things I saw in the DCC and some of the things he said at the time on Twitter.

5. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Both Bubb and Facey have injured themselves in the past few weeks. Bubb might miss the two friendlies at the end of March and Facey almost definitely will. Both should be fit by the Gold Cup though.

6. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Not sure about this now, Facey has been ruled out for the rest of the season which ends May 7th, so he'd have about a month to get fit. Its a shame for his club Lincoln City because he's been a real inspiration for them. He was made captain in January and they were rock bottom of League Two after they lost that match. Since then they've played 15 games, won 8 (including a 5 match win streak after that first match), lost 4, drawn 3 and are very much mid-table.

7. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Facey's hoping to be fit for Gold Cup, will undergo surgery this weekend
    http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk...afety-bid/article-3360411-detail/article.html

8. mikeyjames

mikeyjames Member

Jun 20, 2009
    thats good news but i hope facey plays a couple friendly's before the gold cup to get back into match shape.

bubb should be back playing again by next week. he said he would be out for only 2 weeks.

im waiting to see the roster since grenada's coach said a concerted effort is being made to include all available overseas-based players for the tournament. “It’s looking good but at the same time we want to make sure there is a blend with the home-grown players.