Club World Cup

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by corolla, Dec 1, 2017.

1. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Starts on Weds 12/6. No sign of airing on fox sports1/2 according to fios guide. Whats up?

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    www.livesoccertv.com says it's only on in Spanish:

December 6:
    Game 1: Al-Jazira vs. Auckland City at 12:00 P.M. on Universo

December 9:
    Game 2: Pachuca vs. Wydad Casablanca at 8:00 A.M. on Telemundo
    Game 3: Game 1 winner vs. Urawa Red Diamonds at 11:30 A.M. on Universo

December 12:
    Game 4 (Fifth Place Game): Game 2 loser vs. Game 3 loser at 9:00 A.M. on Universo
    Game 5 (Semifinal): Gremio vs. Game 2 winner at 12:00 P.M. on Telemundo

December 13:
    Game 6 (Semifinal): Real Madrid vs. Game 3 winner at 12:00 P.M. on Telemundo

December 16:
    Game 7 (Third Place Game): Game 5 loser vs. Game 6 loser at 9:00 A.M. on Universo
    Game 8 (Final): Game 5 winner vs. Game 6 winner at 12:00 P.M. on Telemundo

3. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Strange that Fox doesnt have the rights. They have for as long as I can remember. Also strange that no one has the english language rights. Just the chance to show a few Real Madrid mafches you would think that would be worth at the very least $1 plus transmission fees

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's possible that no English channel wanted to show it and that was decided before the UEFA Champions League winner was known. I have no idea how much money FIFA would want from channels to show it, but having a world championship could be a way for BeIN Sports to make themselves more important.

5. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Very strange and confusing...

The opening match (playoff/qualifier between Al Jazira & Auckland City) this Wednesday is listed in the FoxSoccermatchPass schedule. But none of the other matches are. During the quarterfinals next weekend, Fox has clearly filled their programming on all channels with Bundesliga coverage.

Doing a web search, many sites list Fox Sports as the English-language rightsholders in the US but none of these sites are "official".

I'm not a conspiracy kind of guy but I do wonder if all of these trials going on in regard to World Cup rights and specifically the Fox/CONCACAF bribes that are being unearthed are somehow putting the rights in doubt. Long shot but something is clearly wrong. No way Fox do not show at least the semis and final if they have the rights.

Stay tuned.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

6. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    SA i pray your on to something. Im not watching the World Cup on fox. I refuse. Check their studo panel. Imagine John Strong and Alexi Lalas commentating on matches. It will be 20 steps back from what Espn was doing!

Cantona repped this.
  7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.foxsoccermatchpass.com/en/liveschedule lists the game you said and Pachuca vs. Wydad Casablanca.

8. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their recent subscriber email said that all games would be shown.

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #9 HomietheClown, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Yup.
    All games are scheduled for Fox Soccer Match Pass according to this link:
    https://www.foxsoccermatchpass.com/en/competitions/fifa-club-world-cup

I can see them putting maybe the Real Madrid matches on Fox Sports 2 on delay or something. (But most people will watch on Telemundo/Universo live)
    They are probably like meh, just broker the Spanish rights and make a little money on something that does not get good ratings anyway.

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fios's guide is wrong about tomorrow. They have the Third Place Game listed while the Final will be.