Club The Strongest News and Rumors "Kalatakaya Huarikasaya"

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by atsegnorts, Jun 3, 2015.

1. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Additional transfer news
    Pablo Moreria is back from loan at Club Always Ready.
    Also Lanús was added to teams we will be playing in Argentina. The Strongest is looking for a third team. I have herd on the radio today that the third team is one of the big two it will be a close doors scrimmage however they will announce the team this week before they fly to Buenos Aires. I want it to be Boca just for the names sake. It would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Rodrigo Ramallo rescinded contract with Victoria de Brazil. I'm a big fan of this guy, but I don't think he has a spot on the team we would have 4-5 strikers. So I hope we loan him out this season. I'm excited to see the kid from Always Ready play, I hope he is like Castro that would be another Paceño on the team.

3. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    First game on The Strongest preseason tour was against Zulia FC from Venezuela. It ended 1-1. With Chumasteiger scoring late to tie the Venezuelans who scored early in the first half. No real standouts, The Strongest played 4-4-2 with Vaca, Ballivian, Maldonado, Martelli, M. Bejarano, Wayar, Castro, Veizaga, Chumita, Escobar, Alonso.

We will play Lanús & Banfield before traveling to Brazil for the last preseason game.

4. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Second pre-season game just ended The Strongest 1 - Banfield 0. El Toco Maldonado scored. Looking forward to Lanús next and then the trip to Brazil. Sport Reciefe has a dedicated YouTube channel that should broadcast that game live for those interested.

5. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm sorry for the misleading post. For those who follow, The Strongest did not win this friendly. The Strongest lost 3-1, the 1-0 was the first half score. I'm sorry I will verify with several sources before posting. Ty.

6. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So the final final score was 5-1. Sorry, slowly remembering how untrustworthy Bolivian media is.

nanoGVSP repped this.
  7. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think Strongest needs one proven fwd, the guys they have there now don't convince me. Hope they have a good showing in Libertadores

8. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Today started the 2017 Season. After an exciting 2016, and a well traveled pre-season el Tigre is ready to kick of 2017 away in Montero we play a battered and hungry Guabira. The Strongest lineup.
    Vaca
    D. Bejarano
    Maldonado
    M. Valverde
    Bejarano
    Chumita
    Jara
    Wayar
    Castro
    Pablo
    Alonso

Good luck today boys.

9. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    3-0!, first game of the season and it starts with an L. This isn't the kind of momentum we needed heading into our Copa Libertadores playoff this Thursday in Montevideo. I didn't understand the midfield lineup, you have Wayar a former wing back who is very quick in the recovery of the ball. Jara who is similar to Wayar just a little bigger and physical, finally you have Chuma who like the other two mentioned is very blessed in quick recovery of the ball. So that leaves you with Castro who is very talented with the ball but is extremely slow with build up play. So I'm assuming the plan is to have Pablo drop down and build the play with either Wayar and Chuma on the sides. I think we need another offensive mid to assist Pablo. That way Pablo doesn't drop so far back and gets tired. Also Alonso isn't the on his game which is saying a lot because even when he is on his game he isn't a sure gol scorer. I would of loved to seen a little more Vargas or even Ramallo on the field to see how fit he is. Vaca was man of the match, I'm attaching the game highlights below so you guys can enjoy.

10. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Awesome game. There was two major changes in the lineup Valverde got benched for the mor experienced Marteli and Wayar got benched for Veizaga. The rest of the squad was the same of the weekend when we lost to Guabira. I have to say the player that changed my mind was Jara. He is a box to box midfielder he plays with Chuma's intensity however Jara is bulkier and he uses his body more. I like that both Bejaranos were able to play with no pressure on the wings. They pulled Montevideo apart and making the center weak. The Strongest also had a step up in the air game. I think we are looking pretty for the home game in Lapaz. I wish The Strongest plays like this on Sunday against Wilsterman. Only draw back was the lack of finshing, we had several chances to make it a bigger score line but we were too slow or just off target. I wonder if the return game will be played at Siles or in Achumani? We shall see, looking forward to an exciting Copa Libertadores if we make the group stages.

11. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Congrats, they played a very good game, didn't see the entire game. They looked like a confident team, except for a couple of chances they could not finish and really should have. I hope they're able to keep the intensity for the return leg.

atsegnorts repped this.
  12. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Our first win today against a strong Wilsterman. The team rotated slightly with Wayar making his way back to the midfield and Vargas getting his first start and goal playing instead of Alonzo. The last four remain the same with Marteli keeping his spot. I saw most of the game except the last few minutes. First I found the field to be smaller which made the game flow a lot faster from end to end and the quality of first touch was enhanced. Jara continued his hustle with amazing endurance and precise passing he had the assist for the first goal. I'm scared that with a healthy Jara, both Veizaga and Wayara will have to be rotated for the other midfield spot. Castro played decent he still lacks pace but in a smaller field his vision stood out making passes that cut the defense down the middle. Overall good game Wilsterman is going to be hard to win against twice. Man of the Match Jara, here is the video. Enjoy

SiempreCrema repped this.
  13. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Do you think Chumacero is good enough to play abroad?

14. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No Chumacero can't be successful in other leagues except the Bolivian. He's size his speed are his biggest obstacles. Chumacero has many things that work for him only in the Bolivian League. He has an accurate and powerful shot in La-paz that is the city where The Strongest play their home games. The reason why are because of the altitude the ball has an effect that Chumacero has turned into a technique that he has master and of course home field advantage. Second compare to other average Bolivian players in the league he's sprint speed and his endurance is amazing. I think that's his relentless hustle and not giving up on plays makes him special but abroad the ball is faster because of better fields and players are in better shape and are able to match his endurance. So No he can and will only ever be successful in Bolivia playing for teams that are from La-paz.

15. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree to a certain extent. He wouldn't succeed in places like Argentina or Brazil( he tried there), however in a league like Peru he might have a chance, just because the landscape is similar to Bolivias. In a team that plays in altitud he might do well, plus no offense to the Peruvian league it just is not as highly regarded as the Argentinian or Brazilian so he may have a better chance to compete for a spot on the field. Ecuador might also be an option, let's see how he does in Libertadores away from home this year.

16. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    4-0, It was more then expected. Farias shocked me when he kept Jara on the bench and played both Wayar and Veizaga. Farias must be prioritizing the league match against Nacional Potosi. The Wanders didn't seem to care to much about this match, they arrived right on time for kickoff. Montevideo had no real plan to adjust or acclimatize to La paz. The Strongest played well, but the score flattered them. I don't think that Union Espanola are going to be as unprepared at the Wanders. Matias Alonso had a brace, the first one to me was offside, however he made up for it on the second goal when jumped over the Wanders defender who barely jumped. Chumacero had a nice scissors kick with both feet in the air, it was a side-winding scissors kick that burnt the back of the net. Pablo missed a PK and their was a little beef between the benches. The beef had to do with Ramallo entering the game, the Montevideo coach didn't like the attitude of adding another striker to a match that was already at 3-0. Union Espanola is going to be a different kind of opponent, a more aggressive and physical team. I remember when Union Espanola played Boliviar a couple of years back, they were tough in Chile and they played very well in La paz. Here is the video enjoy

17. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Amazing game, and what a golazo by Chuma! @atsegnorts, I disagree with you in a couple of things. If you watch the replay, Alonzo was definitely not off-site. And Wanderers was really well prepared to face us, remember one school of thought is coming to La Paz and jumping directly to the field. Many teams did this and did well. They also had a really good 15 to 20 mins before the first goal, everything crambled after. Union Española should be tougher though but I really like the way we're playing, also the fact that this is the 6th copa libertadores (I think) we're playing with a solid base, so most of our players have international experinece.

Also disagree about Chumacero not being export material. He didn't get a chance in Brazil, from what i knew, he did pretty well in practice, but he signed before the new coach came on board so there were conflict of interests. He did not play a single entire game. He is strong, has a good touch and scoring oportunities, also finally settled with his game instead of running and running like a headless chicken. The problem is the lack of discipline of most Bolivian players abroad, so it is very hard for teams abroad to trust a Bolivian player.

SiempreCrema and atsegnorts repped this.
  18. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I understand your point, but Chumacero has played Libertadores for the last 4 years, he has lots of "international" experience. I have a question bro, who do you think is the most exportable player in Bolivia this minute?

19. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't know where to post this but, I'm excited to hear that Bolivar will show their game live on Youtube this weekend. I don't know how Youtube pays or if Bolivar is only doing this once as a promotional event. The league has yet to strike a deal with TV rights, other teams should explore medias like Youtube to promote Bolivian soccer. Does anybody know any of the specifics about the deal, and if it is something that might catch on??

20. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Three in a row, The Strongest played a very tamed game, Nacional Potosí was just very poor. The first three goals were scored in the first half. The Strongest gave Pablo a well deserved rest. They played both Vargas and Ramallo at top, they also switched it in the back with Valverde playing instead of Martelli. The rest of the team stayed the same. Highlights was probably the goal from "El Colorado" Hoyos who can still hang with young people. Again I feel that the field favors the counter attack and the quick transition. I am excited that team flew out this morning with no injuries and we be replenished with energy for Thursday's match. Here is the video enjoy.

21. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's "D" day for The Strongest. Tonight is when we measure where we stand in this process that started last year with Farías taking over. Libertadores away games have been our biggest obstacle. Farías opted to not make any signings for this season, Ramallo was a late surprise addition. I hope we play with the same 11, that we used in Montevideo. Vaca needs to have a big game and although I prefer Ballivian over M. Bejarano. Marvin has been performing in the Libertadores. Let it be what it will be, kickoff at 7pm

22. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    In my opinion Diego Bejarano is the most likely to take his game outside of Bolivia, he's done a great job on his side.
    BTW any link to the game tonight?

23. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nope. I have had luck on YouTube. But nothing definite. I'll post if I get one.

24. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    To me, Chumacero doesn't get a chance abroad because he's Bolivian.

The only reason Marcelo Moreno Martins got a chance abroad was because he's part Brazilian.

atsegnorts repped this.
  25. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Here is the best I found.