Club Santos Laguna - OT - news & transactions, info, more...

Discussion in 'Club Santos Laguna' started by Vinodivino, Apr 16, 2014.

1. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah that was annoying.

2. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #78 AMLO2018, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014

shinymetalbrass and Vinodivino repped this.
  3. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

4. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #80 Vinodivino, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    Very tricky and skilled player who would fit our style perfectly. Man, if one of our strikers can even come close to matching Oribe's production last year, it's going to be buonaotte for the rest of the league (lame pun intended). :D

Edit: So the rumored price is 2 million EU, which is a little less than 3 million USD. We've spent a nice chunk of change this off-season. With Izquierdoz, Aldrete,and possibly Buonanotte, we've already spent the entirety of the Oribe haul. They weren't messing around. I appreciate their aggressiveness and outside-the-box thinking.

Dr. Deplorable repped this.
  5. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  6. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    So I'm guessing Cejas gets the boot in the draft? Had my hopes on Varela but hopefully Buonanotte fits in well with us, I know he hasn't been the same since his accident though...

7. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Took a short break, but I'm back.

Doesn't appear like much activity went down the last week or so as far as our team is concerned. Buonanotte should sign sometime this week, and Mauro Cejas has just become a naturalized Mexican, which opens up another foreigner spot. Coincidentally, Ale Irrarragori announced that the club was going to continue to look for talent outside of the league. It's a good sentiment; especially when you don't receive any enticing offers from the local league, which is why they didn't bring anyone in during the draft.

After Diego, we should be going after a striker, but I won't be completely disappointed if it doesn't happen. This offseason has been a success. We've addressed our most glaring needs, while sacrificing in an area of surplus. Granted, Oribe was hugely important to the club, but I see no reason why we can't remain a strong offensive group even without the alpha dog.

Golashole repped this.
  8. Golashole

Golashole Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do you feel confident about our defense with the new signings?

9. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    We should have a better team this season than last now with our 2 defensive reinforcements and the fact that Ribair, Escoboza, and Salinas should all be at 100%. Our only point of weakness might be striker as I don't know how ready Orozco is to fill Oribe's shoes

10. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Definitely. As long as everyone can remain healthy, we will see an enormous improvement on that end. Last year, we were bad all around, specifically on counterattacks and set plays. Izquierdos and Aldrete are fast and technically sound; they will help immensely in both regards. We haven't been intimidating in the aerial attack, nor defensively since Baloy left, but Izquierdos and Alanis are very good in the air.

Just two seasons ago, we were a top three-rated defense. I believe we have the potential to be even better than that.

11. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

The reinforcements.

Preseason begins.

Apertura 2014 Schedule

[​IMG]

shinymetalbrass repped this.
  12. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So appearantly our Oribe replacement is already basically done:
    Plays in Europe, black, and his national team isn't in the WC. Joins the team next week.

Entonces no es Caicedo, ni Varela. Im not sure if anyone else weve been linked to fits the bill.

Probably still looking for a keeper.

13. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yeah, I've been trying to think of whom it could realistically be for the last two days. I haven't been able to come up with anyone that fits that criteria.

Caixinha also mentioned that the last foreigner spot could be taken up by Junior Lacayo from our U20 squad. If that happens, that would mean that the deal for Buonanotte must have fallen through. I haven't heard any news on him for about two weeks. We also have that Brasilian kid on loan from Fluminense as well.

14. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Hay un Peruano que juega en Sporting Clube de Portugal, Andre Carrillo... no se si por ahi vaya la cosa

15. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    saw him mentioned on twitter. seems to make sense.

16. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Was excited to hear about Varela, don't know much about this guy tbh

Hopefully Lacayo goes on loan to another club if our foreigner spots are taken up

17. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  18. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #94 Vinodivino, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    Looks like it's going to be Djaniny from Cape Verde. Striker from CD Nacional in Portugal.

I've honestly never heard of the kid. He's 23, 190 cm. After reading and viewing a few vids, he reminds me of a giant version of Andres Renteria. Interesting purchase. Could be a diamond in the rough.

19. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #95 shinymetalbrass, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    lol wut?

but thats certainly a hell of a find from our directiva if he turns out good. He reminds me a bit of Jackson with the ball as well. Great height. And hes got a relatively well produced highlight reel for someone so unknown. badass name too. Id like to think someone just saw his name on a team sheet and said "we gotta check him out" :D

Vinodivino repped this.
  20. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Another possibility could be Andre Carillo from Sporting.

Just a rumor, but he fits the criteria (though he's more of a winger). Would be awesome if we manage to get both. We would finally be able to get rid of Calderon.

21. Majin

Majin Member+

Arsenal
    Mexico
    May 7, 2013
    Zacatecas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Vinodivino and shinymetalbrass repped this.
  22. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  23. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Appearantly Peter Iphone (Caixinha) and Djaniny know each other from their time in Leiria in Portugal. So we might have been following the guy for a while now.

24. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    Interesting... he certainly has the physical profile of the great reinforcements of our team.. hope to see him bossing it up against the liga mx manlets soon:thumbsup: