Club friendlies 2018

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by sbahnhof, Jul 4, 2018.

1. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    For the summer, off-season, and beyond. [​IMG]

Dedicated threads for the tournaments:

International Champions Cup in Miami (Manchester City, PSG, Lyon, NC Courage)
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/international-champions-cup.2082587/

Toulouse International Ladies Cup 2018 (Montpellier, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, PSG)
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/toulouse-international-ladies-cup-2018.2084594/

Already posted by Lechus7:

SiberianThunderT:

Overheard on Twitter: C.F.Monterrey Femenil might be coming to TX to play a friendly match against the Dash next week
    twitter.com/Its_Leslieeeee/status/1012439263101767681

Makes sense since the 3rd is smack-dab in the middle of the Dash's 10-day break. (Also, their brother clubs are playing a charity match tomorrow.)

=edit=
    Here's an announcement from what I think is CFM's site:
    http://www.rayados.com/noticias/12991/rayadas_tendrn_pretemporada_en_dallas_y_en_houston

And I just now went to go see how the Rayadas fared against FC Dallas Women on Sunday.... It did not go well.

Rayadas @ Houston Dash later today.

Both Houston (@HoustonDash) and Monterrey (@Rayadas) are live Tweeting their game! Currently 0-0 in the 12th minute.
    [end quote:D]

Lechus7 and Gilmoy repped this.
  2. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Lechus7 repped this.
  3. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Lechus7 repped this.
  4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain Women’s Teams to Face off at the University of Portland on July 24

PORTLAND, OR | July 10, 2018 The women’s teams of Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain, two of the top clubs in women’s soccer, will face off at Merlo Field at Clive Charles Soccer Complex, University of Portland on Tuesday, July 24 at 7 p.m.

Tickets start at only $10 and can be purchased at the following link or by calling the Pilots Ticket Office at 503-943-7525.

Of course, I got my tickets before I posted this.

Both clubs will then travel to Miami to take part in the inaugural International Champions Cup Women’s Tournament to be held at Hard Rock Stadium on July 26 and 29. On July 26, Paris Saint-Germain will face the NC Courage of NWSL while Manchester City will take on French and European champions Olympique Lyonnais. The two winners will face off in the tournament final on July 29 at 9:00 p.m. The final will be preceded by a third-place match at 6 p.m.

Manchester City lifted the 2017 FA Cup and this past season finished second in England’s top division. The club also reached the semifinals of the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 UEFA Women’s Champions League.

The club, led by defender and England captain Steph Houghton, includes midfielder Jill Scott and strikers Nikita Parris and Nadia Nadim. Nadim previously played for the Portland Thorns from 2016-2017.

Paris Saint-Germain won the French Cup this past season and reached the final of the 2015 and 2017 UEFA Women’s Champions League.

The club is led by defender Laure Boulleau as well as strikers Marie-Laure Delie and Marie-Antoinette Katoto.

About the International Champions Cup

The International Champions Cup is the world’s premier annual summer soccer tournament featuring the top European clubs playing across North America, Europe and Asia. The tournament brings world-class soccer to the masses by organizing marquee matches that attract record-breaking crowds – including the largest recorded attendance for a soccer match in the United States. Founded in 2013, the tournament’s sixth installment will feature 18 of the top clubs in the world playing 27 matches in 22 cities across the globe, along with the first ever Women’s International Champions Cup and first ever International Champions Cup Futures event featuring top youth players from around the world. Champions Meet Here.

5. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    or I should say WOFLIB, some more info from yesterday:

"Chelsea have finally announced their pre-season friendlies (well the ones that aren’t behind closed doors) they will play Montpellier (A) 2nd August, Barcelona (A) 5th August and Juventus (H) 8th August".

[​IMG]
    Karen Carney and Chelsea in 2017 against Bayern Munich
    (pic: el_loko74, cc-by-sa)

Lechus7 repped this.
  6. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Juventus pre-season friendlies

29 July vs. Ferencvaros (HUN)
    5th August vs. Arsenal (ENG)
    8th August vs. Chelsea (ENG)
    14th August vs. Lugano (SUI)
    18th August vs. Wuhan Jiangda (CHN)

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  8. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    this might wake up the mighty Siberian_Thunder@, Apparently Barca is planning a take on the big dawgs of the NWSL, instead a team called SoCal FC tumblr_pbzdyl42Jv1tbtxzt_1280.jpg

10. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    SoCal FC is a WPSL team that was formed in the wake of the W-League's LA Blues folding, but have never really matched the Pali/LA Blues' legacy. Definitely not an NWSL quality opponent. And as far as I know, SoCal FC isn't involved with either of the existing LA MLS teams, so I would doubt they're involved with the LAFC/Barca NWSL expansion plan either. Should still be an easy win for Barca, but I'll be more interested if we start getting more hints of the LAFC/Barca NWSL expansion announcement.

blissett repped this.
  11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I bet even a rich club like Barca is NOT going to spend the type of money when they fins about the ridiculous housing costs these days in LA($2300 a month ave rent for a two bedroom)

hmm............what ever happened to Barca's famed passing style? lol

12. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    [​IMG]
    Gipuzkoa Elite Women Cup - Zubieta (Spain)

17 August 2018
    Atletico Madrid - Fortuna Hjorring
    Real Sociedad - PSG

19 August 2018
    3rd/4th and Final

blissett and sbahnhof repped this.
  15. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Holy shit ANOTHER tournament for PSG! :ROFLMAO:
    They're gonna be dead when the season actually starts...

All we need now, though, is a fourth four-team friendly tournament (maybe one in Asia to include at least one team from that region?) and then we can have another four-team friendly tournament with the champions of the earlier ones!

16. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's a bit of a shame that, among all the matches announced in this thread thus far, only six of them (NCC's two ICC matches, Monterrey's two TX matches, Nadeshiko Cup final, and Juve vs Jiangda) involve non-European teams and only three of them are between teams from different regions... Considering how many matches are being played (or have been played) it would've been fun to try creating a results network to get that more extensive comparison between countries and regions at the club level.

blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah. Also, I think teams from Japan would benefit greatly from getting friendly matches with European teams on a regular basis. :coffee:

A few days ago Nippon TV Beleza's youth team won Gothia Cup, vs European and US clubs combined, and it looked like it was a lot of fun!

18. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm sure people have followed the ICC in its own threads, but it's worth posting the results here. Also, as FCB played SoCal FC over the weekend, we've now seen all scheduled club friendlies involving US teams. A summary:

FC Dallas (USA-2) 4-1 Monterrey (MEX)
    Houston Dash (USA) 3-1 Monterry (MEX)
    NC Courage (USA) 2-1 PSG (FRA)
    Lyon (FRA) 3-0 Man.City (ENG)
    SoCal FC (USA-2) 0-5 Barca (ESP)
    PSG (FRA) 1-2 Man.City (ENG)
    NC Courage (USA) 1-0 Lyon (FRA)

Aside from FC Barcelona hammering the LA WPSL side, a pretty good showing I'd say. X-D

sbahnhof, cpthomas and blissett repped this.
  19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    considering there's over 100 of these babies(WPSL teams), SoCal did have a pretty good showing keeping the scoreline 0-0 until the 2nd half & 0-2 until the last 8 minutes of the game. By then SoCal, was absolutely exhausted as Barca was allowed to switch their entire lineup for the 2nd half(think 11 subs was allowed) whereas SoCal didn't go deep and was exhausted towards the end of the game
    Here's the full game replay

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  20. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah, I probably should have mentioned the details of the SoCal-FCB game a bit more than I did. The first half definitely was a fair showing to have stayed scoreless. But the depth factor is always an interesting issue for US DII teams - during the season, the good ones tend to stockpile players, while lower-ranked WPSL have historically been known to travel with not enough players (which was one of the criticisms that birthed UWS); however, no matter how good the DII team is, they lose almost all of their players to NCAA preseason activities by mid-July, which is why DII playoffs have almost always seen division-winning teams lose their spots to other teams because they simply no longer have enough players. I'm guessing that's what happened with SoCal FC, having lost players to the point that they barely had any subs and got tired while FCB could get fresh players in. (There's also the whole match-fitness issue, and general substitution rules would thus force players on professional teams to be more match-fit that players on amateur teams anyway.)

21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

(Cayman 11', LeBihan 44' 63' - Cuthbert 37', Ji 70')

22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    01.08.2018 Essen

SGS Essen 2 - 1 Liverpool FC Women
    (Dallmann 35', Manjou Wilde 65' - ? 14')

23. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  24. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    A Belgian-French game, between RSC Anderlecht and Lille OSC with some stunning non-goals... Dunno how it finished 0-0, must be cos of the heatwave

25. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Full Barça v Chelsea match is here

Or skip to see the first goal and the last goal

Match report from Sunday - https://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/womens-football/news/2018-2019/match-report-barca-women-chelsea (Archived)