Club Business Thread ** I miei Celtics **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Apr 16, 2011.

1. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo

Eh but Sal...

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just a matter of time….

3. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
  4. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    apparently Friedkin has changed his flight...

Show Spoiler
    he's on his way to barcelona, his mom is still waiting for him in rome

shiboboo, Huwaidee, Shen-O and 1 other person repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pretty cool Friedkin is from California....

Henchag repped this.
  6. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pallotta was obviously looking to sell, this is why he was making decisions that fans didnt like with ease.Pallotta never tried to win over fans, neither by trophies or treatment to club legends.

If new management wants the Roma fans on their side, they have to include Totti & De Rossi in some way into club structure.

https://romapress.net/2019/11/23/totti-spotted-at-the-same-hotel-as-friedkin-last-week/

romanista8910 repped this.
  7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think there is more to it. Racism doesn’t go away overnight. I really have my doubts though they will be getting the stadium. Wasn’t it 2-3 years ago Mayor Virginia Raggi announced they would be building it and still no sign? I’m pretty sure that had to contribute to Pallotta selling them club. Maybe he didn’t want to spend the money to buy the land and build it like Friedkin does? There has to be a bigger reason why Pallotta wants out at this point.

8. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #5709 falvo, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    Getting things done in Rome or Lazio for that matter, is not easy. Like most NBA, NFL and MLB owners do, I personally think he wanted the city or the region to put up most if not all of the money as opposed to him paying for it completely. He may have said he would pay partially for it but saying and doing are two different things and I doubt he ever made the real commitment. Reading about the sale figures, if he does sell the team for $1 billion after only 8 years, I think he made some money off owning the club..

10. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As much as I have a hard time believing the stadium ever gets done, I also have a hard time believing that a billionaire investor buys the club without knowing that the stadium can for sure be built.

shiboboo, Haakon24 and SaI' repped this.
  11. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    About him quitting because of racism... lol. Money have no race, gender, age or smell. The higher in the command chain you are, the more ruthless decisions about people's lives you get to make every single day. Companies are built on squeezing the most out of people whom they mostly despise or are indifferent to.

In my opinion Pallotta was ready to take some financial hits for upkeeping Roma in top 4 while he had decent hopes for getting the stadium done, it was a lower risk high reward kind of situation, but with every passing year, and after the Moronchi debacle when he saw how easily thing could go really south while he's waiting on the slow Italian machine to approve the stadium, the risk vs reward thing stopped looking so good.

He's either happy to get whatever he can and run with it, and let the new guy take said risks, or he knows that the stadium isn't happenning and is packing the bags before everyone else has figured it out too.

shiboboo repped this.
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That’s what I believe. He has no mire intention of spending anymore money and is getting out now while he can make a substantial profit.

I’m thinking this sale can affect any potential incoming January transfers.

13. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    If anything it affects our outgoing transfers. Our financial situation is not good, but if they pay off our debts and/or get a grace period from UEFA we might not have to sell our beat players. At least that is the hope.

14. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    The first thing that I’d like Freikden to do is to renew the contracts of Fonseca and Petrachi. They are doing a great job and we need some stability.

r0adrunner, La Magica, Java65 and 2 others repped this.
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  16. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roma and/or Lazio didn't even want to pay for the infrastructure, what a joke. I doubt very much, in fact I find it impossible to believe, JP would have shelled out 10s of millions of dollars in designing, getting approvals, etc on a stadium if he had no intention of building it.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Saw the TG2 news this morning on the Rai and the sale of the team wasn't even brought up.

I can't imagine how Pallotta wouldn't or couldn't have known about the Italian Red Tape when he bought the club. We have been talking about it on the boards for years.

19. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma

that's Pallotta's 'American exceptionalism/manifest destiny' taking over haha

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Aside from the money to buy and build the stadium, sometimes it also has to do with every other bureaucrat wanting their Cut/Kick Back or "mazzetta".....

Java65 repped this.
  21. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
  22. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well damn I can see he didn't learn anything from Pallotta. If (when) we don't win the scudetto next year all the fans in Roma are going to start bitching and moaning that he's a liar.

Italy ain't US. They don't believe in reaching for the stars... they'd rather keep their feet firmly planted in mediocrity.

Andreas and Midfield General repped this.
  23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Andreas repped this.
  24. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    "I will ensure Roma win the world series. I'm looking forward to many beautiful touchdowns"

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A Boston man with the Curse of the Bambino said that? Wow!

[​IMG]