Club Business Thread ** I miei Celtics **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The "American Heroes" saved this club from bankruptcy and have slowly been increasing the club's assets. Anyone who calls them clueless because we haven't won trophies or for whatever other reason is deluding themselves. It's not like it was raining trophies before they came around.

I'm quite happy with Mr.Pallotta's work. Just need to get the green light for that damn stadium.

shiboboo and Java65 repped this.
  2. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I feel bad for the guy. I'm not just saying that to be snide, I really do. It's clear he has an inferiority complex and because foreigners are buying so many clubs in England and now Italy it's feeding that insecurity. He attempts to make himself feel better about himself by tearing others down.

I'm not excusing his behavior I'm just saying I sympathize.

3. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the most ridiculous part about the single argument against JP, no trophies. Hell, that's our history we never win anything outside of the occasional CI / Participation trophy.

Now if you are a Man U fan then you have a legitimate complaint about the Glazer ownership not winning trophies.

4. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I might disagree with Pallotta on most things. Changing the logo, handling the curva sud situation, him not showing up to games, the Totti situation, etc. But we would not be where we are now if it hadn't been for him. He put this team in a much different direction than we were going. Doesn't mean I like him because I definitely don't. But things could be much much worse without him...we are finally going in the right direction.

wm72, Oban14 and Java65 repped this.
  5. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow... incredible, I must have really touched a nerve. It looks like some of you are more America fans then Roma fans. Maybe we should rename Roma to AS Red Socks, maybe then the results will improve.

Your insults are obviously pathetic and to be honest; the homophobic insults that are tolerated on this forum - are something to be ashamed of. Some of it would even make the 19th Century go red in the face.

Quite astonishingly, I am getting attacked, because I am apparently a EPL fan ? Funny thing, I hardly care about that league and have never mentioned, talk about wild accusations throwing around. So for all the people who despise my posts, or particularly the chap who calls me "Queenie" ( I am sure he is compensating for something, but does not want to let on ) use the ignore button and enjoy.

I will no longer be responding to your insults, instead like I have been doing before, I will be discussing the subject at hand, I assume most of you; even those educated through the American school system should be able to understand,

Cheerio.

Vini Vidi Vici repped this.
  6. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Relax Nelson.

7. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the part that I respect the most. You are able to dislike him yet realize he has turned the club around.

Kudos to you for being able to separate your personal opinion and evaluate the job he has done.

Oban14, wm72 and romanista8910 repped this.
  8. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks, I appreciate that.

There are so many factors to consider but in the end, we could be much worse off despite my dislike for him. If he only learned more about the city and the sport he could do so much better.

9. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he is slowly learning about the sport and running a team. Some of his comments about building a defense, depth and developing our youth are encouraging.

I agree about him not knowing, Italians and Romans and their fans. Being so far away all the time hurts but he doesn't seem willing to be there more.

romanista8910 repped this.
  10. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. davidcaspian

davidcaspian Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Java65 and wm72 repped this.
  12. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Thanks for the post. I feel the same way about Pallotta. There's a lot about him that simply rubs me the wrong way and completely agree about the logo and just a general lack of clarity about anything controversial that could make many fans feel he's really on "our side".

However, the current overall state, and seemingly the future direction, of AS Roma is so much better than I could have imagined 6 years ago.

A good example of him creating quite an ambivalent reaction is how he came off as so testy about the stadium situation right after Totti's final match. I thought it was very poor timing to not just keep his comments on Totti and how big the moment was and say that he'd answer other questions about the stadium, manager etc the next day.

On the other hand, that immediately turns to a more "scathing" criticism about him just wanting to get the stadium built and then sell the club. So what? Is it really so awful -- especially for anyone who doesn't like how he handles things -- to do the "heaviest lifting" in getting the new stadium and then sell the club when it's on so much stronger financial footing?

Even Spalletti went out of his way to comment on this odd logic in his final PC.

13. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As long as he doesn't cash in on our players if before he sells I won't be mad. Leaving us in letter shape than we were and him making a profit on the sale of the club is fine with me. I wish there was a young Sensi who had lots of money and lived the club and didn't have a gambling problem bought the club next...im probably asking for too much though.

15. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Admittedly I am much more a pragmatist than most fans.

I don't care that he changed the logo, it will help sell more merchandise which means more money for better players.

I don't care that he didn't renew Totti, it was time for Totti to retire and Totti just couldn't see it.

I do care that he's not involved more and hardly ever in Rome because I think it impacts the club.

What I do care about is winning, for a professional team that's all that should matter and he's helped in that regard. He's brusk, rude and has the stereotypical Northeast US manner about him. I wish he'd change that.

When all is said and done I'll take him over the Seni's any day. They just did not have the vision or business acumen to run a modern day club. Also for those criticize Pallotta for not renewing Totti, Franco ran of Giannini.

ShoelessMan repped this.
  16. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nothing wrong with that. Everyone is a fan of a team for different reasons. Roma means something different to everyone who loves them. To me I value those things more than winning (even though I want to win as well), you the opposite. At the end of the day, both of us love the team just in a bit of a different way. No right or wrong answer, it's just what one feels.

Vini Vidi Vici and Java65 repped this.
  17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen brother! I hope it didn't come across as I was minimizing others who feel differently because I certainly don't. I understand why you and others feel the way you do.

As I said I'm a very pragmatic person so I realize my views are probably outside the norm of most fans.

Also, I do see why people dislike Pallotta, he can be a real jerk. I don't like the way he talks to people many times, like I said he has the northeastern bursk type of personality.

18. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Naw you didn't. In Pallotta's case, some things just don't translate. He doesn't understand.

Java65 repped this.
  19. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's spelled "red sox" mate...

20. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  22. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea, I don't know the details of the purchase. I just seem to recall they paid about $100 mil for 60-some % of the club.

I'm sure there was some deal worked out with Uni Credit on the debt. Considering Uni was never going to see a dime from the Sensi I'm guessing they had to eat some of the debt. That said I don't know but again, I can't see JP & Co having sunk more that $350 mil total into the club. So a $200 mil profit in 6 year's ain't too bad.

23. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I meant is the 500M+ counts only assets, or assets - liabilities? Because the club has big liabilities and if this valuation is before liabilities then they haven't made much profit.

24. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh, I would assume it is the value of the club which would include any assets and liabilities.

25. Quantum

Quantum Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Have we got a shirt sponsor for the next season?