Club Business Thread ** I miei Celtics **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Quantum

Quantum Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That's great. But it shows how much improvement we still need to make in terms of making Roma a truly global brand. Even without CL football, Milan's revenues are still in the same ballpark as ours.

2. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @Quantum, I am sure you are fully aware of who we are being compared to in this article, correct? Arguably the most successful football team in the world, AC Milan, has won as many international titles as the "Galacticos"!! Being compared with one of the greatest of all time is ok with me...of course they are ahead...we have 3 scudetti, ACM has 18. We have 0 CL Championship wins, they have 7, they should be way more financially successfully than us.

From a sporting perspective we shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as ACM. 18-3 and 7-0, and I couldn't be more satisfied than seeing little my Roma being compared to a giant

Give Roma some time, things are looking up.

Java65, Midfield General and chaponga repped this.
  3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Is today a bad time to point out we still do not have a shirt sponsor?

4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's a great time

5. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :mad:

6. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Perhaps Juve is interested. . .

porreca, Haakon24, Andreas and 9 others repped this.
  7. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I've given up on a sponsor, just another example of Pallotta not being a full time CEO and Zanzi being a stooge. Just hire a real CEO JP. IMO, part of the financial problems are because there is no organization. Sabatini does whatever he wants because there isn't anybody to really answer to. How many millions have we wasted on loans and young players. Just remove the Gerson purchase and the Ucan loan and Roma are in the black.

porreca repped this.
  8. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  10. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because he knows; Italy and Serie A. He was in charge of negotiating TV, marketing and sponsorship deals for ACM. Roma desperately need someone in that position who has experience in Italy and Europe. Zanzi was a clown and I'm not sure what he ever did.

JoãozinhoFutebol repped this.
  11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's been at Milan for 7 months. Started working there in February.

12. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    One of the most respected directors in Italian football, with almost 20 years working for AC Milan, the most successful club internationally over the last 25 years. He graduated in law and gained experience in the commercial sector at the Mediaset Group, with specific responsibility for TV sporting rights. Gandini has managed to apply his professional, measured approach and interpersonal skills to the world of football. In the years dedicated to AC Milan the importance of his position has grown continuously in institutional terms, making him the club’s ambassador to UEFA. For a number of years Gandini has been the Vice President of ECA, the European club association, an increasingly important body and the first reference point for Michel Platini’s UEFA when organisational decisions have to be taken regarding football clubs. Gandini also has a role in the Italian football league, representing AC Milan on the TV Rights Committee.

http://www.globesoccer.com/umberto-gandini/

Umberto has been an Executive Board Member at the ECA since 2008 and currently serves asFirst Vice Chairman at the Association. He has spent almost 20 years working at AC Milan, and is currently responsible for their first-team activities as well as negotiation of TV and New Media rights. Umberto is also a member of the Professional Football Strategy Council of UEFA, the FIFA Committee for Club Football, the UEFA Club Competitions Committee and Chairman of the ECA Competitions Working Group.

Found on: https://leadersinsport.com/people/umberto-gandini/

Gandini is a well respected European soccer figure, having been in his position with the Italian giants for nearly 20 years. In that time Milan has won the Serie A three times, won a Copa Italia, won the UEFA Champions League twice and the FIFA Club World Cup once.

http://www.wakingthered.com/2015/4/...o-gandini-among-candidates-for-tfc-presidency

13. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just going to post. Not sure where vocegiallorossi.it got it's info but he's been at ACM for a long time. He's also served on boards with either UEFA and/or FIFA. He's got a ton of experience.

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well the article he linked to included his CV at the bottom and it said 6 months. Thanks for correcting that, always do love when you drop by. :thumbsup:

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  16. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Either way I think one thing we can all agree on, he HAS to be better than Zanzi.. that guy was worthless! :D

17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Pretty good a closing down the clubs.

Java65 repped this.
  19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I missed that. In my opinion that is not much of a good sign though, means he is a ghost at one of those positions. Unless he can clone himself into two.

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He must have been with the best broads. Damn him

21. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You are never wrong, are you? Thanks for proving that yet again. :thumbsup:

22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I was just wrong now. ;)

23. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Used to get excited about this stuff. But it's hard to be excited about brand Roma when sporting Roma is only competiting for moral titles with Napoli.

24. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #5149 Oban14, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    I agree, but what else do you realistically think Roma could do to close the gap? Serious question.

- The shirt sponsor is an absolute fiasco, but that would bring in maybe 8M-10M annually if we were lucky.
    - Nothing more needs to be said about the stadium. It is very clear this is Managements highest priority. The way I see it the delays are either caused by the location which require major public transportation programs or the idea of all of the other commercial buildings, etc. I think most of this is necessary to deliver a suitable ROI to the investors
    - Roster turnover could be better for sure and Sabatini is definitely a little short sighted with some of his loans and purchases. Iturbe and Doumbia are obviously market catastrophes. If only we had bought Dybala instead of Iturbe, but realistically Juve would have bought some other great player that we couldn't afford. FFP really hurts team trying to close the gap. The Milan team will prove it with spending sprees with no recourse since they haven't been in CL/EL.
    - I think the Pjanic move was planned when he signed his last renewal and I think at the time we either put the buyout clause in or he walked a few years ago. Without Pjanic I am not sure that Romas finsihed second the last two years and gets all the CL money. Nothing Roma could have done differently IMO.
    - curva problems are real and I don't know if there is an end in sight until we get our stadium. You could argue Pallotta needs to be more active fighting this, but the counter is that will bring even more delays to the stadium. It certainly feels like Roma is being singled out since other clubs don't have this ridiculous wall and potentially added security measures this year. Pallotta should have been more upfront about the wall before people purchased their tickets.
    - Pallotta certainly needs to be in Rome more even if it is for perception only, but I am sure we would have made more progress if he was in Rome more often. The players and the fans need to see him there.
    - Napoli put an insane clause on Higuain and Juve had the luxury of being able to exercise it. Nothing Roma can do about that.
    - Average PL teams can spend more that top Italian teams in the market. ManU just funded another 3-4 top players for Juve with that ridiculous Pogba purchase. Nothing Roma can do about it.

At the end of the day, we had several coaching mistakes which effected our roster. We got lucky with Garcia his first two years and due to league weakness we were able to finish second. I think the real problem is Pallotta saying we are going to win the Scudetto in 5 years, but he has no idea what he was talking about. We are making progress in all aspects of the club. Our financial situation is much better then under Rosella. Our roster is vastly improved and it is worth much more than under Rosella. Our youth academy and primavera have some of the best talent and seems miles ahead of where it was a few years ago. I think brand Roma is much better than it was years ago. I think at this point we might need someone other than Sabatini running the team. I think he has brought us as far as he can and we need someone else to bring us to the next level. If we can find that guy I think it is still several more years fighting for moral titles.

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  25. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I felt the same for about 2 weeks after Pjanic but now not so much. Honestly, even if Roma had been perfect every market the last 3 years we couldn't compete with Juve.