Club Atletico River Plate - Friendly Matches & Tournaments (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, May 28, 2007.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm assuming here that you're talking about boca fans and not the women river fans?

Steazy McCloud repped this.
  2. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    wait this isnt the woman hating thread? I love going to games because of the amount of out of control women. boca fans on the other hand...

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sanchez on the bench, Mayada starts. Sanchez had to go to Mexico midweek to deal with some legal things with Puebla who owed him a lot of money (yes, but of course mexican football is rich, right? :rolleyes:)

I'm excited to see Mayada again. Vamos camilo querido! A romperla como el partido vs. el Bojo!

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gallardo es boludo o se hace? BASTA DE FUNES MORI Y MAIDANA

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd love to come back and tie this game, but if losing is the only gallardo gets it through his thick head that balanta and pezzella need to play vs. san lorenzo friday night i'd gladly lose 5-0

But enough is enough already.

locoxriver repped this.
  6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And the idiots Niembro and Closs blaming Mayada and Barovero for this... The fault is mainly with FM6 who opened the flood gates... You can tell a lot of people own part of his transfer. He NEVER gets called out by the media. He just ********s up every game and its like he did nothing wrong and then Martino claims he wants him in the seleccion. Its a joke already

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    1) Balanta-Pezzella >>>> Funes Mori-Maidana
    2) I've been saying for a while how Kranevitter needs someone next to him to help with the recovery, since that's far from being his strong point. After today, I'd put in Ponzio in for Rojas to help Kranevitter out and close the numerous gaps we have in midfield. There's no way we can fight for the Libertadores with so many holes in the middle, teams will go straight through us.
    3) Mora has been poor and inactive.. I'd highly consider starting Pity Martinez over him..

It's time for a change... this is the team I'd like to try out to fix many of the problems we're seeing today:

--------------------Teo--------------
    --------Piscu-------
    ---------------Martinez------Sanchez
    -------------------------------
    --------Kranevitter----Ponzio-----
    -----------------------------
    Vangioni--Balanta--Pezzella--Mercado

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Balanta and Pezzella in for the second half...

Too bad they have to come in with a disorganized midfield when we're one man down, but at least Gallardo is pretty much admitting that he has no choice but to put in these two in the future by doing this.

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Abal nos tomo el pelo... Expulsa a Sanchez por protestar? Dejate de joder

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bueee Teo, vos tambien sos un boludo.. asi no volves a europa nunca mas

RiverGaucho repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The club should refund the tickets for all the hinchas who paid good money to see this "performance"

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    On top of the defensive errors and the 3 red cards, Barovero was looking like the reincarnation of el indio Vega the whole night.. Every shot ended inside the net.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, his reactions were just off. He didn't even move on the last two goals and he should have definitely saved Chavez' goal, perhaps palacios as well. The first goal he was hopeless on.

In addition to benching FM6 and Maidana, I would agree with you about bringing in Ponzio for Rojas.

I think Gallardo made a big error during this preseason by saying basically "this is my starting team you can't lose your spot unless you get hurt" Ponzio and Pezzella were two key players in winning the copa, and they lost their spots for the clasicos despite continuing at a high level in the summer, and their replacements playing at a low level.

I would also seriously consider benching Teo for the CASLA games. Cavenaghi has his flaws, but his attitude is never a problem and i guarantee you he'd never leave his team with 8 men the way teo did. Then again, when I think about benching Teo, I remember that Mora was even worse and seemed even less interested. We may regret not selling him... While we will definitely regret not bringing in Tagliafico who went to Independiente.

The other two red cards i think were ridiculous though. Mayada's- well even Niembro was saying it shouldn't have been a 2nd yellow, considering the way Lady Gago threw himself on the ground, it should have been a yellow to him for diving. Sanchez, well i have no idea what was going on, but to expel a player for protesting just 10 minutes in is absolutely out of line and absurd.

locoxriver repped this.
  15. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the law of averages said Boca had to win something eventually. I trust that the right moves will be made when they need to be made. Which is right now. The squad is deeper and stronger than last semester, they will be just fine.

locoxriver repped this.
  16. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Only friendlies, guys. Get mad when these players start to play like this every week.

I hope Gallardo lit a Fire on their ass. Because they were all garbage yesterday.

locoxriver repped this.
  17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The game reminds me of the Germany vs. Argentina series. Argentina beat Germany 4-0 in August Freindy, but Germany won the game that mattered in Maracana. Just like River won the Sudamericana and in La Bombonera and boca won nothing last year.

The worrying thing is the attitude. While national teams only play meaningful games every 4 years, we have a Final on Friday. The attitude needs to be changed by a lot of players in just 5 days, and as has been beaten to death, Maidana and Funes Mori need to be benched.

locoxriver and Steazy McCloud repped this.
  18. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thats the best part of having a currently deep team. Balanta, Pezzella, El Pity, Mayada, and Cavenaghi are just chillin on the bench, Ponzio as well who has brought his level of play back up dramatically. My 11 for this season is has FM6 at 3 two new center backs. Ponzio and Kranevitter next to each other, and some sort of rotating trident of Pity, Piscu, and Teo. With Mayada and Cavenaghi seeing time every game.

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  19. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes. With so much depth now, guys like Teo and Mora need to be consistent. Gallardo can easily bench their asses with a change in rotation.

But I have no problems with Maidana. He's not the greatest defender in our squad but he's got enough experience to not mess up in big games. Hopefully Gallardo is convinced that FM6 is what he is, and not cut out to be a starting CB and bring in Balanta or Pezzella while we still are able to hold on to these two guys.

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At this point, given our results in the Libertadores/torneo, I don't think anyone gives two shits at all about the game vs. Sevilla in 5 days.

However, it's kind of a shame that the one time we receive a European team in el Monumental practically our entire team is unavailable (Teo/Carlos Sanchez/Mayada/Funes Mori with their NTs... Barovero/Balanta/Vangioni/Kranevitter injured) o_O

21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes this game is completely pointless. Even when it was announced, i was skeptical, but i also thought, along with everyone else, that by the time this match rolled around we'd be in the top few spots in the torneo and already qualified in the Libertadores, which would have made the game more of a celebration of two good football teams.

A few things worth checking out... Will Batalla play? Why not? It could be the only time we see him play in El Monumental before going to Real Madrid. Hopefully not only Batalla starts, but also very pibes, theres no need to risk anyone of importance.

Sevilla i'm sure won't take this match seriously either... They have the Spanish liga where they are fighting for champions league/europa league places and they are in the europa league proper, they got drawn against Wolfsburg who is a very strong team they have both De Bruyne and Shcurle.

I won't pretend to know much about Sevilla, but Banega has been called up for Argentina and Carlos Baccca, their best player, for Colombia, and I'm sure they've got a few players in the spain squad or in other NTs currently on their roster so they won't be full strength

locoxriver repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The 11 to face Sevilla:

Chiarini;
    Mercado-Mammana-Pezzella-Vega;
    Solari-Ponzio-Driussi;
    Pisculichi;
    Boye-Simeone​

23. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Does my one know where this game is being broadcast in the U.S.?

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The game was organized by Direct TV so the game in Argentina is only being broadcast by them... In the US I have no idea, but I would guess that if you have Direct TV you can watch the match considering many of the channels overlap

25. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aww. Damn.:(

I guess it's shitty streams for me.