Club Atletico River Plate - Friendly Matches & Tournaments (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, May 28, 2007.

1. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dang. Missed the game. How was Guido at CB and Cirigliano on the right?

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guido wasn't that good at all. Cirigliano was pretty decent. The story of the game was really just River missing countless chances, mainly Boye, but also Cavenaghi was guilty of missing a few. Urribarri and Ferreyra was both miserable. Every combination they tried down the left was just terrible and painful to watch.

You didn't miss much. We now play wednesday against the loser of nacional-peñarol

Ron Mexico repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Funes Mori made another calamitous error that led to Peñarol's goal. River was by far superior, but like various games last season (Olimpo, Estudiantes, Racing, etc.) Funes Mori was at fault.

I am as thankful as the next guy for his goal against Boca, but Gata Fernandez and Rosales scored against Boca too and I never saw anyone call them idols. Its time to put Ramiro on the bench and give Balanta his place back, FM is proving each week he's just not good enough. And we're not going to be able to keep getting away with it

locoxriver and megamac20817 repped this.
  4. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    not only that, the games we won after going down a goal were because of him. Honestly Im pretty sure of the 12 or so goals River allowed, 10 were probably because of him only.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like I say we can't get away with it anymore. Remember the disaster in La Plata in la copa? The guy just shouldn't play anymore

The scariest thing is thinking about how many people have a percentage of his transfer... Gallardo seems to love him... Tata Martino wants him for the NT, many journalists praise him, the only people who seem to realize he is screwing river each game are the fans. I hope Gallardo comes to his senses soon. We won't be able to beat a top brazilian team in the copa with fm6 starting

6. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its true, they couldnt even get away with it then. In 2 weeks he made 5 points of difference in the standings, which lost us the tournament. He turned a win into a draw against Olimpo, and turned a draw into a loss at Racing. At this point if Balanta isnt fit, Id rather play just try my luck with Pezzella at 6.

Also on the topic of friendlies, Im going to Mar Del Plata for the Boca game. I worked my ass off all year and for the first time in life Im going on vacation on my own, 2 days in Mar Del Plata and a week at Gessell. Schwing!

locoxriver repped this.
  7. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Hi Guys,

I would like to learn; whats the squad that that River Plate will be in this winter break camp tournament @Antalya Turkey.

Thanks,

Regards,

8. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    #433 roxbury, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    Here is some photos about Tournament teams ;

[​IMG]

Some says its not Santos, the club name from Brazil in this tournament is; Neymar Instituto.. lol,never heard before…anyway. Two Turkish giants vs Neymar Instituto and River Plate (probably B team,?,.)

Lets hope to see fun game and injury free hopefully.

-

[​IMG]

Regards,

9. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    The tournament started yesterday, Besiktas vs Santos(b team or some says the club name is; Neymar Instituo''?'',.. lol.), anyway, Besiktas won the game 1-0
    gets the Finale game position.

Tonight Galatasaray vs River Plate(b team ,I dunno), the winner goes to Finale…..

The Game on tvs.

Regards,

10. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    honestly It may not even be the B team. Im not sure, the A team is here in town currently. And 5 of our best youth players are in Uruguay with the U20 National team. So I am unsure as to who is playing.

roxbury repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's not even River's subs... it's the reserves/youth divisions. Think of Real Madrid's "Castilla" team, if even that. Most people in Argentina aren't even aware that we're participating in this tournament since no known name is there.

Anyway, I'm not sure on the line-up they plan on using, but this was the squad that traveled:

Maximiliano Velazco
    Pedro Formosa
    Federico Vega
    Braian Molina
    Alexander Barbosa Ullúa
    Carlos Ruiz
    Iván Díaz
    Emiliano Agüero
    Nicolás Gómez
    Luciano Romero
    Emanuel Martínez
    Alan Schönfeld
    Lucas Martínez Cuarta
    Julio Zúñiga
    Tomás Andrade
    Claudio Salto
    Alejo Distaulo
    Daniel Denot
    Gavin De Niese
    Pablo Carreras

Of those 20 players, the only one who has any professional minutes is Federico Vega, and I don't think he even surpasses 90 minutes.

If Galatasaray doesn't win this match, I really don't know what to say.

roxbury repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh shit.. I just found out this game was already played: River beat Galatasaray through a penalty shootout. :thumbsup:

Ole, LPM, etc. aren't even reporting about this. :cautious:

On to the final vs. Besiktas.. Vamo los pibes!

13. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I recognize some of these names from reading reports on how the inferiores are doing. And De Niese is the Australian kid. But thats all Ive got for you.

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I'm on the same boat.. Somewhat familiar with Andrade, Denot, Distaulo, Aguero..... De Niese just cuz of all the media attention he got for being Australian.

I'm hoping Galatasaray didn't use their actual starters, because it would be kind of sad if a team with Sneijder and Pandev can't beat a bunch of kids (who, to top it off, aren't even our best kids)

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nope... looks like they used their full squad. :confused:

Galatasaray: Eray İşcan, Emre Can Coşkun, Koray Günter, Hamit Altıntop, Tarık Çamdal, Yekta Kurtuluş, Sinan Gümüş, Emre Çolak, Goran Pandev, Yasin Öztekin, Umut Bulut

Replacements: Sinan Bolat, Alperen Uysal, Sabri Sarıoğlu, Semih Kaya, Hakan Balta, Alex Telles, Selçuk İnan, Felipe Melo, Wesley Sneijder, Bruma, Olcan Adın, Burak Yılmaz, Blerim Dzemaili

River Plate: Maximiliano Velasco, Alan Schonfeld, Braian Molina, Alexander Barbosa, Carlos Ruiz, Federico Vega, Emiliano Aguero, Ivan Diaz, Nicolas Gomez, Daniel Denot, Emmanuel Martinez

http://www.galatasaray.org/futbol/hazirlikkamplari/haber/22041.php

Sneijder and Felipe Melo were on the bench, for example, but came in for the second half...

1-1 final score, with River winning 7-6 in penalties

Props to pibes, I guess...

RiverGaucho repped this.
  16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #441 RiverGaucho, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    That is really sad for Galatasaray to lose to a bunch of amateurs. I know its just a friendly tournament but damn...

As you all said, 6 of our best "pibes" are playing in the sub 20 with grondona, but there are also the likes of Kaprof, Francese, and Boye playing with the full professional team. This was literally a C team, maybe even worse. Its unbelievable. Congrats to the kids

LOL i've just seen the highlights... Sneijder made his penal this time... You think he'd trade that one for the one romero stopped on 9 de julio? LOL

Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Does anyone know if the ecuadorian kid played? I hear he is a crack, already trained with the professional team last season

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Teo has to be the most frustrating player in the world to watch.. He looked so indifferent throughout the whole game. My fear when he kept on complaining about wanting a better contract the whole transfer window was that he's going to play half-assed like he did today... hopefully he gets his shit together for the official matches.

Kranevitter also hasn't been too active since returning from his injury. I still insist that he isn't a DMF but rather a central midfielder, meaning he needs someone to help him with the recovery... and not Rojas -- I mean a Lobo Ledesma, a Mascherano, etc. to do the dirty work.

Pity showed flashes when he had the ball.. Definitely more active than Teo and Mora.

Ramiro had some fuck-ups here and there... when will we see Balanta?

Finally after more than a year the bosteros can have a smile, even though it's just a friendly.

I really could care less about losing today, but the team's overall performance was what disappointed.

@Steazy McCloud , did you attend the match after all?

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The whole team was just flat and disappointing.

Teo was a non factor. His quality came through a few times, but like you said his attitude was awful.

Mora scored a legitimate goal the linesman ruled out incorrectly, but other than that he had his head in Arabia or Mexico or wherever. he also had probably the worst haircut i've seen from anyone in a while

Ramiro had some ******** ups, but I thought Maidana was the worst defender. I feel like I was the only River fan who just said "meh" when he was resigned until 2019. I mean he's been loyal to the club, but I feel he is just too rustic to play in Gallardo's system. Every time he had the ball he either knocked it out of bounds, or passed back to Baravero. His lack of skill is made even more apparent when you think we have a classy player like Pezzella on the bench. We couldn't get the ball out of our own half the first 15 minutes. If you want to play out of the back, you need to play CBs who can pass it out.

Vangioni showed all of his weaknesses last night. Lack of a final ball and even more important lack of discipline. This showed why we need Tagliafico. Vangioni is clearly the starter, but we need a viable alternative to him if he has one of those nights and its obvious he'll be sent off.

Pity Martinez was interesting. I was surprised to see just how active he was. River needs more players who can dribble and take on their men. He needs to get stronger though.

Not time to panic, but we need major improvements, mainly in attitude. Teo I think we should keep, but if Mora has his heart set on going sell him and bring in Viudez who's dying to play at River.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tonight River-Independiente at 10:10 Argentina time in mar del plata.

There are many reasons I say all River fans should watch this. Firstly, it could be Balanta's last game :cry:, secondly it will be Mayada's debut :thumbsup:, and if we win this match win win the Copa de Oro. Independiente will play their starters, including their new signings Papa and Albertengo, so it should be a good test for our 2nd string.

It would be really nice to see Boye get a goal. The kid has been so off in front of goal 1 in 26 games, 1 in 28 if you include these summer friendlies. I bet with the way Gio is scoring he is feeling the pressure big time too.

Chiarini, Solari, Pezzella, Balanta, Urribarri; Mayada, Ponzio, Guido Rodriguez, Pity Martinez; Boye y Cave

balazsriver10 repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL I remember soooo many games we've beaten Independiente 4-0, 5-0, 4-1, etc. Must be the team we've beaten by goleadas the most, at least in modern times.

Anyway, looks like today wasn't the exception. :D

RiverGaucho repped this.
  22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The game was great. Balanta was fantastic, he looked like the guy who first debuted with Ramon. He also almost scored a goal with an amazing individual play, he then chipped the keeper but it hit the bar.

Mayada was also very impressive. He never stopped running the whole game and he showed an immense quality and capped it off with a goal. He moved from the right to the left so naturally. He didn't miss a beat, and thats where his goal came from. I think we may have a real star in the making here. He did limp off at the end lets hope he isn't hurt, I want to see him against Boc* on Saturday.

Pity Martinez I thought was also really impressive. The kid is so fast, he's a gambeador like the old school players used to create like aimar, burrito ortega... Not saying he's at that level, but he was unplayable at times and made me think when the last time river had a player so desequilibrante

Good to see Cavenaghi get a goal. Mora too, although he didn't look happy at all when he scored, it was strange.

Lets just say, it was a great game, the river we saw last semester returned. Oh... and que viva el futbol pisculichi! He topped it off with the 4th

locoxriver and Ron Mexico repped this.
  23. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This game gave us even more reasons to keep Balanta. Fack you, Saô Paolo, get your own beastly Colombian:cry::cry::cry:

But this kid Mayada is looking greatagainst scrubs like Independiente. But let's see what he does in a real game in the Torneo and copa. Overall, him and Pity look like good signings. :thumbsup:

balazsriver10 and locoxriver repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #449 locoxriver, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    I'm dying here reading the comments on a thread in the Independiente forums titled
    "Ganenle una vez a river amargos, 1 vez!! 1 vez!!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Cuando va a ser el día que le ganemos ..... Estoy podrido de perder apuestas, de que me gasten siempre por lo mismo, de que siempre nos goleen, siempre los revivimos a estos hijos de puta."

"Ala gorda cavenaghi no la puedo ni ver,era fija que nois iba a clavar un gol seguro"

"era obvio estan minimo dos escalones mas arriba que nosotros tiene otra calidad de jugadores y a parte siempre nos cagan los odio gallina hdp!!"

"river nos gana con la camista, me acuerdo el peor river de la historia que solamente gano 1 partido fue contra nosotros en cancha de rasin. Tira las camisetas en el piso y nos ganan... "

"La gallina nos pone la 9na. y nos golea, se cagan todos"

"Igual no lo iba a ver ni en pedo, siempre lo mismo cuando jugamos contra estas gallinas de mierda."

"posta que hace años que veo los partidos sin ninguna esperanza de ganarles, me conformo con empatarles o por lo menos no comernos estos papelones.. con suplentes o tituales, de local o visitante, nos cogen, es asi, ya fue"

"Como que me parece que no voy a ver nunca mas ganarle a estas gallinas en el resto de mi vida."

"Bue, que querés que te diga...da gusto ver a River, si jugaban los titulares de movida nos hacian 14 goles"

"con bosta es diferente, cuando se va a jugar el partido tengo otras expectativas, y siento que les podemos ganar, o nos pueden ganar ellos, es una guerra y casi siempre salen muy buenos partidos. Con River es un monologo, siempre son ellos los protagonistas."

"me duele no poder sentarme, y dormir con una bronca barbara y te pone peor tener un vecino gayina q te grita los cuatro goles siempre![​IMG]"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

http://www.infiernorojo.com/foro/fo...7-ganenle-una-vez-a-river-amargos-1-vez-1-vez

DYING! :laugh:

Steazy McCloud and RiverGaucho repped this.
  25. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have a friend who told me more or less these exact words. in fact that probably was him.

Also Pity Martinez has been awesome, he has gotten what, 5 or 6 players carded already? in a game and a half. Shame about how the game went in Mar Del Plata, it was strange, even Barovero wasn't feeling it. You guys are right about Teo, I thought he missed his penalty on purpose too the other day against Penarol. I was there and it was hell, its so poorly set up that for some reason they give Boca the side thats easy to get to. So anybody who doesn't have a micro or know Mar Del Plata well, like myself has to take a taxi or nut up and avoid them like a zombie movie. I ultimately ended up with the zombie movie option, it wasn't terrible, because I just stayed on the bus until I was far enough away from the stadium, then asked enough cops on how to get where I needed to be. A large group of women in River jerseys didn't have the same idea, and had anything a person could get their hands on thrown at them. Women.... only women, as to not insult animals I won't even call these people animals. Its such a shame that theres this giant lie in the world that this is some great group of football fans, its disrespectful to the entire human race. Plus the stadium is still in 1978, and once the games over you don't know how in the world to get back to the beach. I wouldn't go again, I was in the popular and they oversold it by what felt like 10,000.

locoxriver and RiverGaucho repped this.