Close Friendships within the National Team

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by LouisianaViking07/09, Jul 12, 2018.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009

I always enjoy this goal; if nothing more than the way the guys all celebrate. A close knit group.

I recall during the 2010 WC that Cherundolo and Bocanegra were best friends (among NT players at least). And Dempsey and Boca were tight during their time at Fulham. As well as Dempsey and EJ being friends for some time (from the 2006 WC squad and during their time at Fulham and Sounders).

any other friendships? Or close hanging out among NT squad members? whether it's players today or even those from the early years (back in the 90's)

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  2. PassionOfTheFoot

Feb 12, 2002
    Incheon, South Korea
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wynalda and Harkes.

3. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP.

ebbro, Winoman, USA-Zebuel and 2 others repped this.
  4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Whatever helps the team win ;)

5. leppercut

leppercut Member+

Oct 10, 2006
    SLC and Anchorage
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic and Mckennie seem to eb good friends, alongside Taitague and others.

6. jjmack

jjmack Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I think Yedlin, Wood, and Brooks are friends.

7. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    See, you all mocked Dave O'Brien's PBP, but now that he's gone, we clearly no longer have anyone left to tell us this information.

8. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    One moment I remember is Donovan setting up Dempsey in the Gold Cup (2011 I believe). Interestingly, I recall Dempsey saying the two weren't particularly close off the field, but I've never seen Dempsey so appreciative after being set up for a goal as he did for that one. The D&D "golden generation" as a whole seemed to have a great on-field chemistry. I also remember Deuce poaching a roller that Bradley created and then apologizing, but you could clearly see Bradley mouthing that it was totally cool.

9. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Didn't you already make a thread like this just a few months ago?

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/friendships-within-the-national-team.2082149/

olephill2 repped this.
  10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009