Clear evidence that Donovan is better than Mathis

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by kwikstah, Aug 1, 2002.

1. soccer16-21

soccer16-21 New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    seekonk, MA
    landon donovan is a great player, but mathis is also good who cares if one is better than the other.

2. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: cgjlk

I have the one with Petke, Convey, Meola (and Chad Deering too!)

Donovan's pretty good. The next best player is probably Josh Wolff, after that everybody is pretty much the same level of suck.

You can play Mathis at forward and score plenty of goals with him at the "amateur" level. You can score with Beasley on the left wing (though the game insists that Luis Figo is faster than DMB, something I think Luis could correct for them himself).

The one problem I have with the game is that "amateur" is now way too easy (I beat Brazil 10-1 in the WC Final and Josh Wolff scored 6 goals), and the next difficulty up, "professional," is damn near impossible, and the only way to keep from getting blown out by the worst teams is to play the most god awful boring style (pass the ball around the back ad nauseum until the CPU gets impatient and then throw a massive 60 yard lob for a forward to try and run onto). There's WAY too big a gap in the difficulty levels.

Still loads of fun though and it looks and plays much much better than EASports' previous efforts.

3. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In reality though only a few of the categories really matter a lot. Speed and Shooting are most important for the offensive players, (speed especially as being the first one to a ball in the opponents penalty area is the best way to score rather than trying to pass to somebody in there already). Shooting matters too since shots that Mathis, Wolff and Donovan bury in the back of the net, Chris Armas dribbles harmlessly across the goal line...

...finally a game with realism!

4. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: cgjlk

Hmm...I have a Gamecube...maybe mine is different because of that. But it is FIFA WC 2002.

I think the 7 passing rating is pretty good to have, as all your through balls tend to curl into space for your attacker, as opposed to just rolling straight ahead.

5. soccerdome

soccerdome New Member

LD

Duh... duh.... duh. Maybe (I don't know all my stats exactly) Mathis gets more goals, but Landon works A LOT harder. That's what's important.

6. listentobobmarley

Jan 5, 2001
    Donavon is a different player than Mathis

Apples and Oranges.

But of course Mathis is better.

7. adila4

adila4 New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    new york
    hey could someone give me the whole usa roster that they put in fifa world cup 2002

8. Werdguy

Werdguy New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    New York
    i have the game for ps2...

professional mode is getting easy for me.... i played as USA and i beat the all-europe team 8-0...

but world class mode is impossible...

its a sick game.. i have been playing continuously it since i got it when it first came out before the world cup..

all the koreans are listed with their first names only.. that bothers me...

nowadays, i try to get fouled from around 25 yards out... heh, you have to beat a guy, and then stop so that his slide tackle misses the ball and hits you.., but then you get to take a free kick, and bending balls around the wall and into the corner of the goal is so damn fun....

9. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    asdf

I beat the All America team with the All World team 3 - 0 on World Class mode. You just have to arrange your midfield into a square in a 4-4-2 most of the time. It gets easier but I still can't beat them everytime.

You have to get guys open by dribbling with their marker away from them, then doing the same a lot until you can put in a nice cross.

I just bought a 4 player adaptor and me and my friends play with 5 players now. It's so damn fun to set up actual plays.

Oh, and I just learned how to score from half. The goalie players at the spot if you're near half so if you put a fast chip in (square button) and aim it just right he'll either miss the punch or punch it weakly and it'll go in.

10. adila4

adila4 New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    new york
    ok thats great but your were missing one thing in your post......... u didnt post the usa roster!!!
    and one more thing... do they still sell fifa world cup 2002 for ps2 because everytime i go to a video game store i only see the gamecube version.

11. Werdguy

Werdguy New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    New York
    they should...

and its definetly in the online stores..