Clausura 2011

Discussion in 'Toluca' started by Numero_9, Jan 6, 2011.

1. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    draft is right around the corner, let the fun begin already!

there is a rumor on twitter that Vicente Matias Vuoso is close!

2. betocan

betocan New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    we've been linked to him in the past. I don't know how I feel about him. First thing that comes to mind is how he was gased out after 30min in the toluca-santos final. But I also rember him doing realy good with el tri. I just hope he can stay in shape.

3. betocan

betocan New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
  4. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    i really hope this doesnt mean that Talavera is out. come on toluca, we need a solid backup now that we are likely to qualify to the next Copa Libertadoes.

and Avoyi officially gone from Toluca. Pachuca has bought him and honestly, this is such a big mistake from Toluca. I am not a huge fan of Avoyi but c'mon, hes a 23 year old starting international for a decent national team. to only give him 6 months is absolutely ridiculous.

5. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Cuevas has gone from San Luis to Atlante. As far as i know, he's supposed to be coming back to Toluca next season.

6. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    haha o wow, i didnt know Kalin Nunez was still ours. looks like hes staying with Tijuana. I only got to see him in the finals vs Irapuato and he looked solid at LB (maybe it was RB, i dont remember)

Alvaro Ortiz also stays loaned out and he stays with Puebla. good job not bringing him back toluca. hes 33 years old tho, toluca might as well sell him off.

Moises Velasco loaned to San Luis. this is pretty great. i didnt want Toluca to sell him so hopefully he gets some playing time in San Luis.

7. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    oh wow, i was fullying expecting the Villapando deal to be a buy but MedioTiempo reporting that it is only a loan.

and for us to only have gotten a backup goalkeeper is absolutely unacceptable. assuming everyone else stays (gonzalez, manolo, diego, etc), i think we needa backup CM. Rios has to start alongside Roma. we also need 2 strikers. hopefully gonzalez leaves and we can have some more money to spend.

8. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    good for him. solid CB.

well okay then. dont know why i ever get my hopes up.

9. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    ok lets take a look at our team.

GK: talavera, villalpando

LBs: manolo (im guessing he stays unless he is willing to go to a Primera A team which will be tomorrow), galeana

CBs: nova, duenas, gonzalez (im guessing if he stays), gamboa

RBs: gamboa, acosta, gonzalez

CM: roma, rios, x

LMs: calderon, esquivel

RMs: esquivel, brizuela

CAMs: sinha, diego

STs: nava, x, x

i predict that Gonzalez heads back to Chile. if Nova or Duenas are out at any point during the season, i think that Gamboa fills in with Acosta going at RB.

this opens up 3 foreign spots. 2 of those have to be strikers. hopefully they are solid signings.

and it sucks so much that Toluca didnt get a backup CM today. i really do not want a CM who will take Rios out of the starting lineup. Someone like Israel Lopez or Felipe Ayala or someone who wouldnt be worth much could have been a perfect fit for Toluca. but ow it looks like maybe we will buy a foreign CM and that foreign player will takes Rios from developing. just great

10. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    woah, i saw a report that Mario Mendez's contract was up with Toluca at the end of this month, but for some reason, Mediotiempo has him going to Irapuato on loan.

11. betocan

betocan New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    5 player busted for dopping, Duenas and sinha being 2 of them. I haven't read into this but I just heard it on the radio

12. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    just ********ing great. the only positive out of all this is that Talavera will surely be starting. The federation needs to fix this. this is their fault for not being more careful. Decio De Mario saying that they likely ate the chicken/meat over the weekend so its pretty clear that this is on them.

13. betocan

betocan New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    They have a very credible excuse about the meat and chicken problem in mexico. I just hope they can clean up shina's good name because the man is a class act and realy deserved to be on the national team.

Also hernan cristante is going to play with leones negros. That realy sucks. We should of picked him up as a back up. I think he's a mexican national so wouldn't of needed a foreigner spot. Villalpando is good keeper but cristante has done so much for our club and doesnt deserve to play in the 2nd division.

14. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    man it sucks so bad that Cristante still wants to keep playing. I would have preferred him to Villapando. Hope he does great with his new team.

and it looks like we got 2 signings in the Primera A draft.

one is Felix Araaujo who is a CB. looks like a solid pickup. looks like he spent some time in Paraguay playing for some team a few years back and has since been playing for teams in Primera A. we didnt need a big name CB because Duenas and Nova are definitely going to start. and if Duenas somehow got a punishment for this accidental doping thing, im sure this Felix Araujo will do nicely.

the second is named Gabriel Velasco. It says he only played 3 games last season with Cruz Azul Hidalgo but he scored 3 goals for them so i guess thats good. It says he is a winger so this too is a great pickup because we needed a backup for Calderon. Well done Toluca.

now all we need is 2 strikers and a backup CM.

15. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    GKs: talavera, villalpando
    LBs: manolo, galeana
    CBs: nova, duenas, araujo
    RBs: gamboa, acosta
    CMs: roma, rios, x
    LMs: calderon, velasco, trejo
    RMs: esquivel, brizuela
    CAMs: sinha, diego
    STs: x, x, nava

looks like manolo is staying along with diego and gonzalez is surely gone. some chile sites are reporting that he is close to returning with U de Chile. and they are also reporting that he will be sold off to them for $400,000. wow. that is terrible. we paid 2.5 million for him and to sell him back after 3 seasons and to only get 400k back is just terrible business. i really hope this information is wrong.

16. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Cruzalta coming back!!!

oh man this is pretty awesome news. our team is coming along nicely. 3 foreign spots. 2 for quailty strikers and 1 for a decent central midfielder please and i will consider this offseason a success.

17. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
  18. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    so Eugui decides to loan Gonzalez off to U de Chile for one year. LOL. just sell him back already ffs.

19. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    http://blogs.mediotiempo.com/fut-al-horno/2011/06/21/ivan-alonso-podria-reforzar-al-toluca/

ok, this man would be an excellent signing. i just saw a few videos of him and he is a monster. his aerial ability is just incredible. his off the ball movement is also incredible from what ive seen of him. with sinha playing behind him, i feel like he is going to score many goals. honestly, sign him and get calderon and esquivel to cross every ball all game long and let alonso put that bitch in the net.

and he is a free agent at te moment so this should make negotiations so much smoother. this would make a great signing.

20. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
  21. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    all official now. theres a nice 4 min video on the toluca site of him being introduced. he will be wearing #24. one more quality striker and we are a playoff team.

22. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hopefully last season Sinha was just playing hurt. If he has another season like the last, then even with a good striker the team wont be as good as it should be. Havent seen this Alonso guy yet, but sounds better than Ayovi already.

23. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nestor Calderon is one of the 8 players taken off the Copa America squad because of this prostitute thing that s happening. Would have loved for him to play but i'm not even mad. Now he can come back and train with Toluca and be well prepared for the upcoming season.

24. betocan

betocan New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    I’m going to touch on a few different things since I’ve been absent for a while. First off I read that Sinha and the other 5 players have been cleared to join their teams. I’m still not sure if this means if he’ll be allowed to play because WADA has the last word.

2) I’m a little disappointed in Calderon because he really had a chance to show his skill on huge stage. I don’t think he knows how important and big of a chance he just wasted by not attending the copa America. This guy has to be more focused. On the plus side he won’t be living Toluca any time soon.

3) Toluca defender Diego Novaretti offered to Blackburn. What the ********! He’s our best player. We can’t afford to lose him.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/toluca-defender-diego-novaretti-offered-blackburn-1698261

4) Espn said that Alonso was Toluca last pick up. That doesn’t make any since because I think you’re aloud to have 5 foreign players.

25. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    we are having a pretty great offseason. we beat queretaro 3-0. 2 goals from Nava and 1 from Alonso. It's so awesome that both scored. I was expecting one more striker, but I honestly dont see it happening. If Alonso and Nava are both out at any point next season, I guess we will have to go with a youngster like Tapia. I am loving it now seeing as how Nava is actually showing his potential.

latest news:

weeeeee. hopefully its a CM.