Claure's role

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Yoshou, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was perusing Kartik Krishnaiyer's twitter last night and he was saying that Claure is just a stuffed shirt that is only on the ownership list because he's a billionaire and that Beckham's faction are the ones that will be funding the team and stadium construction. Is this accurate?

I was under the impression that Claure was the money and that Beckham was just the face..

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure what a stuffed shirt is, but everything not called Howler or Kartik seems to scream he wants to be the Joe Roth guy in Miami.

Personally I think Kartik has some ax to grind against MLS, tainting everything he publishes. Which is odd, because after his falling out with NASL, he was pretty anti-NASL until last week.

3. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm probably using it wrong, but my definition of "stuffed shirt" is thatnthey are there just for show.

I'm definitely in your camp in thinking that Claure is more in the Joe Roth mold than the Paul Allen mold. I just figured I'd check with people far more knowlegeable of the Miami situation than I am. So thanks!

4. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Common definitions of "stuffed shirt".

-a person who behaves in a very formal way and expects to be treated as someone very important

-a smug, conceited, and usually pompous person often with an inflexibly conservative or reactionary attitude

The second one fits more of what I picture. Combination of pompous and reactionary.
    Think Ted Knight in most of his roles especially as Judge Smails in Caddyshack.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume this is from all your personal engagements and conversations with the gentleman in question?

Or Howler magazine...

6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Claure might have a lot more time in his hands since Sprint and T-Mobile are merging and he’s out as Sprint CEO.