Clasificatorias a Rusia 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by HeartandSoul, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bravo fue la figura y bien hecho en lo que hizo contra un segmento del publico que se puso a pifiar.

2. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Miles de oportunidades perdidas (sobretodo Vidal). Se dominó casi todo el partido al rival, pero curiosamente uno de nuestros mejores jugadores del partido, fue Bravo (nuestra defensa hacía agua, las pocas veces que Venezuela llegaba, y para variar el gol de ellos llega por la altura (de cabeza)

Esta vez el arbitraje nos ayudó de sobremanera.
    El uruguayo se comió el penal de Vidal sobre el jugador llanero, y el zapatazo del otro llanero, tras pegar en el palo, el rebote del balón se produjo dentro del arco y fue gol.

El partido debió ser empate 3 a 3.
    :thumbsdown:

chewie4917 repped this.
  3. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    This is what I meant by over-analyzing....He just got mad at himself for missing, nothing more.

As for the game. The win is very important and of course I am happy. Would have been happy with the three goals Vidal missed but oh well. We actually played worse with Valdivia on the field. Despite winning by three, our defense was not good at all. Finally, I am worried about the yellows.

toepunt repped this.
  4. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    It's not the first time that I've seen Chile take on Venezuela at the Monumental for a WC qualifier. Am I missing out on the reason here? I wonder if it'd be useful to play matches against Argentina there, for example. The atmosphere is different.

I don't think that I'll ever see a better chance in an official match for Vidal to net three.

Bravo was huge, but Alexis was man-of-the-match, for me. His first half was excellent, and left it up for the others to do the rest.

What I like about Paredes, even at 36, is that he knows where to be at the right time. On the other hand, it's alarming that we couldn't count on Vargas or Castillo to score.

Keeping in mind the near future, the Confederations Cup, and the WC next year:
    1. What can we expect from the likes of Vargas, Castillo and Ángelo Henríquez moving forward into the Confederations Cup and WC next year?
    2. For central defence, is Pizzi closer to knowing who the best alternatives for Medel and Jara can be?

5. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I don't think we can rule out Castillo yet, after all, he hasn't played that many minutes.

6. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I agree that Sanchez was a strong contender for the man of the match. He was the key figure in all three goals, the key figure in creating chances in the second half, by far the most dynamic attacking player and even the penalty wasn't that bad. Given the penalty miss, it wasn't really as clear cut though if he deserved man of the match. Pretty close between him and Bravo.

The reason Chile played at the Momumental is that they were banned from playing at the normal stadium for making homophobic chants. They also played against Bolivia I think there, where the match ended without goals despite dominating. And they also have another ban so the last two matches against Paraguay and Ecuador also have to be played away from the national stadium, so presumably back to Monumental.

I was at a game between Venezuela and Brazil at the 2015 Copa America (played in Chile) and I did see hear some homophobic chants (depending on how you interpret certain words) in the section of the crowd I was in, and people just treated it as an innocent joke, and no-one seemed bothered. I can't remember what it was but it was the kind of thing.

Funnily enough, the game above was also played at the Monumental.

7. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I'd forgotten for a moment about FIFA suspending Chile from playing at the Nacional for a few matches.

Having said that, I've still seen Chile play Venezuela at the Monumental in 3 of the last 6 WC qualifiers. The other two, if I'm not mistaken, were during the 1998 and 2010 qualifiers. I'm not sure if it's coincidental or not, given that Chile plays most of its games at the Nacional.

8. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I just saw this post.

I, for one, liked Chile's game in the 2016 Copa America final. It was very unlike Chilean teams of pre-2014. The team was patient, well-drilled, pressed and attacked efficiently, and defended from midfield. The last of these features was down to the efforts of Vidal and Aránguiz who covered every part of the pitch for 2 hours and helped keep Argentina's attacks in check.

I'd say that both sides are still fairly even. Even Argentina's last 1-0 win in Buenos Aires came from a dubious penalty decision (Argentinean analysts, like Horacio Pagani, maintain that it was an error on the part of the referee).

The last few meetings between the two lead me to believe that if one were to take out the best player from each team (Vidal for Chile, and Messi for Argentina), it wouldn't be so tight anymore. I'm inclined to believe that Chile without Vidal, collectively, would still perform admirably.

9. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hey man.

Vidal didn't play at this last match against them (he was suspended), the same as for the first match played in Chile (where he was replaced by Gutiérrez, whom happened to score our only goal that day).

greatest question, should be, If we would have had Vidal, for both of our WC qualifier games against them, would Argentina perform as well ?, or, how would we, have performed with him around ?

10. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I'm aware that Vidal wasn't available for the Buenos Aires encounter, and that he also missed the match in Santiago.

Chile did perform well in Buenos Aires. Two very dubious calls (Argentina's penalty and Chile's disallowed goal) cost Chile the game. This was without Vidal.

The reality, from what we've seen where it counts (in the 2015 and 2016 finals), is that when both Vidal and Messi have been there, both teams are fairly even.

So, to answer your first question, I am inclined to believe that, had Vidal been around for those two qualifiers, based on the evidence of those two finals, we could well have seen shared honours (e.g. two draws or one win for each side).

I'll go one further here: I think that this Argentina side is a Messi-heavy team. I think that, had Messi missed both qualifiers (and had Vidal been present for both), we could have seen more dominance from Chile, qualitatively and quantitatively.

Of course, this is all hypothetical.

Football is a team sport. It seems obvious that Argentina has more depth, but Chile is the better team with Vidal on the pitch. The central midfield duo of Vidal and Aránguiz is one of the best in the modern game, and therefore irreplaceable to me.

posteador repped this.
  11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    1. Vargas has somewhat found his stride at Tigres but not 100%. I don't think we'll see the Copa Bicentenario Edú until he does find it (and it may take him until next semester).

Castillo is in the picture and he's been among the goals. I suspect JAP will continue to show faith in him as a sub at least, and deservedly so.

Re: Ángelo, apart from the China Cup, when based on "experience" alone he should have been an option, JAP has shown much faith in him. And who can blame the guy? Henríquez is not getting minutes. He needs to sort out his club situation asap.

2. Up until December the answer was Roco, easily. Then in the China Cup Díaz and Maripán became 2 viable alternatives and it seems like JAP rates the former. Is he ready for primetime? That's the question and we will only know that should Jara go down (injury, suspension). We know that even based on form, Pizzi trusts him.

12. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Argentina played without Messi the first game of Copa Centenario and won 2-1.

13. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    If Messi doesn't get away with what he wants, Argentina will suffer as a team. They will get better results once they stop channeling all through the boy marvel! or playing team soccer without him.

14. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Argentina's biggest problem is that they need a coach with big enough balls, to replace Messi & Mascherano, in coaching duties.

And as they fired Bauza, now, the real reason why their FA president went to Spain, is to have their opinion on which coach, they must hire to replace him. So on reality, not much will change in their team, for the future.

15. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    They need to get rid of the "Club de amigos de Messi".
    Otherwise everything would be the same.

Rickdog repped this.
  16. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
  17. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Si Sampaoli toma a Argentina, quiero ver el duelo de Pizzi con Sampaoli para el próximo partido. Quien gana, el melenudo o el pelao.

18. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Si Sampa agarra a Argentina, llegarán fácil al mundial. Lo que sí me molesta, es el débil castigo a la AFA por el comportamiento de sus hinchas.

19. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    ¿ y tu crees que en algún momento esto ha estado en duda (con el entrenador que sea) ?

Como sea, para la FIFA sería un pésimo negocio que ellos no fueran, por lo que de una forma u otra, la misma FIFA "velará" para que ellos lleguen al mundial (en el peor de los casos, para ellos, les tocará jugar el repechaje, donde a los kiwi, los cagarían sin asco).

Por esto es vital, sacarles la máxima distancia posible en el cuadro final de eliminatorias, y mientras más equipos hayan entre nosotros y ellos, mejor sería, ya que si la FIFA decide cagar a alguien para aseguralos en el mundial, que no sea a nosotros.

Lo que a los argentinos más les molesta, en todo caso, es que desde hace un tiempo a la fecha, no están jugando a nada, cuando ellos siempre esperan "campeonar". Y para estas eliminatorias, ni aún ganando todos los partidos que les queda, van a lograr ubicarse en la punta del sub continente. Y para más re-cacha, lejos detrás de los brasileños.

20. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Deberia haber un reglamento que prohiba que un entrenador dirija a dos equipos distintos en una misma eliminatoria. Sampaoli ya dirigio a Chile y ahora va a dirigir a Argentina sobre el final de la eliminatoria. Me acuerdo que los bolivianos el 2005 reclamaron por lo mismo, porque Nelson Acosta los habia dirigido a ellos al principio y despues termino dirigiendo a la seleccion chilena.

toepunt repped this.
  21. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Excelente punto. Tales dualidades se prestan para implicar conflicto de intereses.

22. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bueno, ahora y viendo el resultado de los ultimos partidos existe la pequeña, pero poco probable, posibilidad. Mi punto era que Sampa en Argentina debería romperla, en mi opinión.

23. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    En general, el argentino no es como el chileno.

Allá, los jugadores y los fanáticos no te van a aceptar algo que no están dispuestos a hacer, ni en tener paciencia en que los resultados lleguen tras mucho tiempo después, así como así.

El "hobbit", podrá tener las mejores intenciones y planes, pero si a Messi o a Mascherano, o en su defecto al fanático no les gusta, terminarán por "hacerle la cama", de la misma forma como ya se la hicieron al "Patón Bauza". De más, está el considerar, que sin siquiera haberlos dirigidos un solo partido aún, en su país, ya tiene más detractores, que aquellos que están dispuestos a apoyarle. Sin partir aún, ya parte con la pata mala. Si más encima, los uruguayos les ganan en Montevideo, será un reinado muy cortito el del enano (aunque al final, igual van a clasificar, ya que ellos dependen al igual que Chile, basicamente en ganar sus partidos de local, y tanto Venezuela como Perú en Argentina, para ellos son "pan comido").

24. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Lo dudo, aunque no es cierto, ante los ojos de los Argentinos, ellos no pueden caer más bajo.

25. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Si fuera por lo que es ante sus ojos, ellos en el peor de los casos, estarían peleándoles a los brasileños el primer lugar en estos momentos.

Y nunca van a aceptar el hecho de que en el partido que tuvimos recientemente, en B.Aires, donde a pesar de que al final el arbitro les regaló el partido, nuestro equipo en realidad, les dió un baile que les costará olvidar. Para muchos de ellos, en cuanto a fútbol se trata, nosotros valemos la nada misma.

A todo esto, al final la FIFA, si les sancionó por lo de nuestro partido y de otros también, pero solo con advertencias y multas en dinero por el comportamiento de sus hinchas

http://www.afa.com.ar/5630/la-fifa-impuso-sanciones