Clasificatorias a Rusia 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by HeartandSoul, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Argentina have done the double over Chile, winning home and away. Funnily enough I'd say that was the worst of their performances against Chile in the last few years, and the best team lost. But perhaps some justice done with Chile winning both Copa America finals without really being the better side in either.

Yañez repped this.
  2. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #327 Rickdog, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Por triste y desagradable que suene, el "chapa" fue el mejor jugador de Argentina....:thumbsdown:

Nos cagó, de lo lindo, ya que su penal era totalmente innecesario (ni volando, Di María siquiera hubiera llegado a esa pelota, por esto es que apenas sintió que lo tocaron dentro del area, se tiró al suelo).
    La gran pregunta en todo caso, ¿ Aranguiz toca o no toca la pelota en esa primera jugada del partido ?
    Si la tocó, el offside del chapa es válido y bien anulado. Si no la alcanzó a tocar, el gol era válido, pues el chapa salió bien al inicio de la jugada. :cautious:

A mí me da la sensación que no alcanzó a tocarla (a pesar de todo el gesto de Charles), pues la pelota no cambio su trayecto ni un centímetro....

3. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Jajaja, el Chapa fue el más bajo. En todo caso, se jugó mejor (no sirve mucho, lo sé). Ahora si que todos tienen amarilla. Con Vidal hubiesemos ganado.

4. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Turbo-Man needs a reality check. Lack of continuity at club level has hurt him and it has hurt his team-mates here. Not even the most minimum impact. The Argentinean defensive line was a nervous wreck, but we lacked a beast in that area. Disappointing, to say the least.

For me, Fuenzalida's goal was valid, and either Di Maria is made of paper or he played for the penalty.

Aránguiz, Fuenzalida, Medel and Bravo did well. Jara, Beausejour and Silva were serviceable.

Still, the lack of a centre forward in good form will continue to hurt Pizzi in these matches. Vidal will not always be there to score.

5. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Quiza contra Venezuela sea mejor poner a Castillo de entrada con Sanchez. No es un misterio saber que Venezuela se va a ir a meter atras a defender con todo. A esta altura no tienen nada que perder y el empate para ellos seria un gran resultado. En el medio que jueguen Vidal, Aranguiz y Valdivia desde un principio. El "Mago" puede ser clave para abrir una defensa cerrada como la venezolana, sobre todo con esos pases filtrados que pone.

6. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Instead of Castillo I would start Paredes.

posteador repped this.
  7. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Jugando por el Arsenal de Wenger le esta afectando a Alexis.

El Niño maravilla se esta convirtiendo en el Viejo Mal Genio.

[​IMG]

8. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You have a valid point in regards to the CA Centenario final, but I believe that Chile was overall the better team during the CA 2015 final. Chile were way more consistent during the 120 minutes (especially in extra time) with better stats to back it up.

9. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    You're right. I'm of the opinion that Alexis needs a disciplinarian or a father figure as a manager. These types are generally better suited to manage his ego. He would never have tried a string of tantrums under Bielsa or Pep, for example. One could argue that under Pep, he played in a winning team, with a winning formula, and with winners. But, underneath, it seems probable that he became miserable, always having to re-direct many of his forward plays through Messi, never being allowed the privileges of creating, making errors, scoring, and generally just expressing his own game, good or bad. And, yet, despite this, he knew that he couldn't throw his toys out of the pram.

I don't think that the Arsenal move was a complete mistake. He became trade-bait at the end of his career at Barcelona, and his options were minimal. What the guy needed was a breath of fresh air, someone to believe in him, and a club to offer him the chance to express himself and, gradually, lead by example. He re-invented himself at Arsenal, whether we like it or not. It was good for his confidence. He became a leader, and more than just a talented wildcard. In that regard, it was a good move.

The difference now with his final days at Barcelona is that he holds more value now, and therefore more choices. In mid 2014, Chelsea and Manchester United opted for the likes of Costa and Di Maria over Alexis. Given the chance now, I think both clubs would make offers to sign him. Juventus, like in 2014, would sign him, given the chance. PSG, unlike in 2014, would make the moves to sign him at the end of this season. Inter Milan, despite not being at the level of seasons past, would be keen to sign him. I'd even argue that, if the right deal was put on the table, Real Madrid would look to sign and accommodate Alexis. But, again, does he have the thick skin required to deal with Ronaldo? Gareth Bale does. That would be Zidane's responsibility.

I'm in favour of him making a move now, because it's necessary. Where to, though? That's a question for another thread.

HeartandSoul repped this.
  10. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I would actually like him to stay at Arsenal and to form a legacy with that club. What I really would like to change is the current manager and the board mentality that is simply satisfied with earning European football money.

Arsenal needs to continue building a team around world class caliber players such as Sanchez. They need to revamp their wage structure as well. Wenger and the board are reluctant to pay top salaries and in my opinion, it's the only way to truly compete with the other sides in English/European footy. If Arsenal is reluctant to do so, then Alexis has no choice but to leave.

11. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I would try for three forwards Sanchez-Castillo-Vargas.

As for Sanchez, please, lets not become people who cannot think (looking at Arsenal fans). Screaming at yourself for missing or failing to do something is not a tantrum. That is also not lack of discipline nor a sign he needs a father figure...Let's stop over-analyzing every little thing he does.

12. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    I second that. Wonder if Pizzi will start Valdivia or the few minutes he gave him with Argentina was that it for Valdivia.

13. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    A lo mejor mete a Valdivia de entrada para asegurar el partido de una. Seria bastante util considerando que los venezolanos se van a colgar del arco descaradamente. O lo otro que lei esque quiere poner a Castillo de entrada, quiza para tener un referente de area, un 9.

14. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    En mi opinion Venezuela va a salir a atacar con los cabros jóvenes que trae. No me gusta Castillo porque no es un jugador con fineza.

15. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    A Valdivia es mejor meterlo hacia el final. Muy talentoso será, pero hoy en día apenas corre (es una triste realidad, pero no le dá el cuero para más de 40 minutos de juego intenso), por lo que es mejor usarlo cuando los oponentes estén más cansados.

16. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #341 Rickdog, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    That started being real, but now is only a "show" that Sanchez enjoys doing all the time, as he has learned that doing so, he gets lots of atention. Unfortunately what Sanchez mosts likes is being the center of atention, where ever he goes. At one time, he learned that scoring goals and playing at the highest level, he gets it.

But when he is not scoring so often or it becomes harder to do so, he will probably turn on his dogs and do with them all sort of things. Since after some time, people start getting used to it, and it doesn't raise much of atention as before, he starts doing something else and he will seek for other forms to get that atention, and at present times he found out that with all of his tantrum, he is getting lots of it, so now he is simply exagerating with it all the time.

Don't give much importance to it, and in no time he will stop doing it, and with absolute certainty he will start doing something else to get that atention.

The other possibility, only if it starts affecting the mood of the rest of his team mates, is to apply on him a very old recipee used by football players, which has always been pretty effective, which was to have all his team mates suround him at the dressing room, and between all of them, without saying a single word just beat the shit out of him :p

17. toepunt

toepunt Member

Aug 24, 2003
    North America
    Crece la esperanza que gane Bolivia. Argentina ahora perdió a Benega con su segunda amarilla para el proximo partido.

18. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    It may be a good idea to start with Valdivia, he has some creatitivy that may unlock a defence. I am assuming Venezuela will not be throwing men forward from the start. Not sure if the teams have been announced yet.

2-0 to Bolivia after 65 minutes, if Bolivia can win this that's good news for Chile and several other teams.

19. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    OK, just saw this on TV

Bravo
    Isla
    Medel
    Jara
    Beasejour
    Hernandez
    Aranguiz
    Vidal
    Vargas
    Paredes
    Sanchez

HeartandSoul repped this.
  20. JamieFox

JamieFox Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    A nice change. Chile has lost so many early goals in this qualifying tournament. Sanchez free kick similar to the one against Argentina when he hit the bar but without it going in. This one was that little bit further out I think. I think Sanchez played well in the last game also. I think he's been coming back into form for Chile, he also had a good match against Uruguay.

posteador repped this.
  21. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I think we were the better side in 2015... or at the very least, even. Messi must have touched it three times per half anywhere near our area... Argentina were definitely better in the 2016 final.

22. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Paparedes is playing in his home.

23. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Muy bien Chile de mitad de cancha hacia aarriba pero atras muy permeable. De no ser por Bravo y la impericia de los delanteros venezolanos estariamos sufriendo. Alexis Sanchez se puso muy pichangero despues de los goles.

24. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Flojo el segundo tiempo. Se confiaron mucho. Hasta cierto punto, entendible cuando están 3-0 arriba... pero Venezuela venia intentando hace rato... y Bravo estuvo demasiado ocupado para mi gusto... no se como Pizzi no calmo el partido antes. Meter a Valdivia no sirvió de nada porque Venezuela no se estaba protegiendo y habían espacios por todos lados.

toepunt repped this.
  25. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Ahora Pizzi se equivoco en los cambios. Carmona debio haber entrado antes. Valdivia no fue aporte como si lo fue frente a Argentina. Paredes muy bien hizo dos goles y se movia constantemente entre los centrales. .
    Creo que lo mejor fue el resultado hoy,.

chewie4917 and HeartandSoul repped this.