CL: Qarabag - Roma (September 27th, 2017)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Java65, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    True, but.....

Lets be honest here, the odds are still very much against us making it through this group.

As far as I see it we'll have to beat Chelsea at home (or away), basically we need to get at least 3pts off them. I dont doubt for one second that AM will pick up 6pts against Qarabag. Assuming they do and we only manage to get 1 point off Chelsea (home draw lets say) here's how the group would look.

Chelsea 10 pts
    AM 7pts
    Roma 5pts

And our next match would be AM away no less, with us pretty much needing to win. Defeat would obviously be game over (and I think we all know what the most likely result would be).

Chelsea will beat Qarabag away. So even if we manage a draw away to AM, they would need to beat a Chelsea who have already topped the group. I would fancy AM to do that frankly.

So for me, if we're going to have a chance of going through we'll need to beat Chelsea.

2. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Chelsea beats Atleti again, and we tie Atleti again... all we need is 1 point from Chelsea to advance. Atletico away is a must get a point, not a must win.

3. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yes that's all correct, not arguing with that. My point was simply that I see it as a very unlikely way that we would progress. I dont see us progressing without getting a minimum 3pts off Chelsea.

4. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We don't even need a point against Chelsea if we score at least 1 goal in our draw against Atletico in that scenario. But as someone has already pointed out: Chelsea will probably not win against AM if they've already won the group before the last game.