CL Matchday 1: Real Madrid vs Roma (September 19th, 2018)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Sep 18, 2018.

1. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    Nainggolan is like a gaping hole. Even though he didn't score much last year he was a boss in the midfield that we surely are missing.

2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Then you are not paying attention. He is not the only reason, but obviously he is the main one.

wm72, LordNelson and Big Tom repped this.
  3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Ahh, the good old 424 desperation formation. Grazie EDF

4. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Unbelievably embarrassing from Schick.

LordNelson repped this.
  5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Like last year against their neighbours at home, we wernt ready to face a seasoned team on match day 1. Lots of work to do but i dont think people need to be losing all hope in the season.

6. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And there goes your saviour Schick; seriously some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

7. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    What a shitty save by Olsen against Ascensio. We should send him back to the Danish league.

Haakon24 repped this.
  8. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Asensio attempting no Look finishes from 6 years out. They don’t take us seriously at all. Completely embarrassing.

wm72 and ErPupone repped this.
  9. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    great turn by Asensio... went for the no-look ... yeah..

10. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Olsen is like, 20th in the list of problems we have. The midfield is where 90% of where our problems stem from. Remove DDR and it’s basically Sassuolo tier.

12. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    True, instead of nitpicking players and placing the blame on the players individually we should look at it differently.

We have the players that can perform better than what is shown. I feel there is a problem either in the dressing room or tactics. Or even both.

shiboboo repped this.
  13. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Are you even watching the game? His passing has been just fine, good even in the 2nd half. You’re speaking like he is an amateur just because he’s not balling like Neuer out there. Clueless.

Goduerza repped this.
  14. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Nice ball from Lorenzo

15. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The truth be told, from the top of the club to the bottom there is something seriously wrong.

16. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Kolarov.. that free kick... are you even thinking?

17. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Game over. Complete humiliation.

LordNelson repped this.
  18. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Do not if we are worser then Enrique´s Roma or Del Neri´s........

19. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You leave out the biggest possibility. New players taking time to adapt. It takes months to get a team gping smoothly. The talent is here and by Christmas we can take your other possibilities seriously and make big calls if still necessary..

20. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yes, 3-0 is a complete humiliation. I wonder what it would have been if it wasn't for that amateur from the Danish league.

Don't know what you guys expected from this match. It was by far the match which was most likely a loss for us. We looked a bit timid going forward, which is probably the only thing I didn't like. 2/3 of Real's goals would be very difficult to prevent for most teams. The important thing is to collect the points against Plzen and CSKA.

21. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #121 LordNelson, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Did the amateur from the Danish league buy you are birthday present or something ? What is your issue with it. He is an AVERAGE keeper, nothing more and less. We went from Alisson to him - he has proven till now, he is at best average. Of course he is not Alisson`s level, no one is saying he needs to be, he however; is a problem like many in the team - but people like you are making him out to be some hero. He is a very AVERAGE player in a very AVERAGE squad. I think you should start your own personal fan club for the Great One.

L'immortale repped this.
  22. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Yes but looking at tonight's match the new players were Nzonzi, Olsen and Zaniolo. I won't take Olsen into consideration because goalkeepers have minimal impact on how the team perform.

So we are left with Nzonzi and Zaniolo (who was replaced by L.Pel) So most of the game we played with the older players. The team looked uninterested and unfocused.

They also looked lost and caught out of position multiple times. The defense and the forwards don't need to gel.

23. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If EDF makes it until the end of this season and we reach top four in Serie A. IMO, right now that'd be like a very impressive achievement.

24. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I can't believe we are even having this discussion. Maybe you should go back and watch some of our games last year and see why we had no problems playing from the back with the same exact backline. Some of you are very emotional about this, I thought we learned already that a GK job is not just jumping after shots.

That said, he had a good 2nd half. The times he played well under pressure lead to good chances on the other side, we need him to play like this 100% of the time not 20%.

Him being rooted to his line is a MASSIVE tactical problem for the team. We play with a high line and our game is based on pressing, we can't afford to have the GK rooted to his line and leaving 40M gap between him and the defenders. Last year Alisson averaged 1 successful run out per match, that is at least 30-40 extremely dangerous potential chances cleared before they even happen. Olsen had 1 successful run out so far in 5 games, there were at least 2-3 goals that could have been prevented this year if he was more aggressive at coming out.

He is not the only problem for the team, far from it, and I'm not even trying to single him out. I'm responding to you and others attacking me for stating what is extremely obvious. Go back and watch the Atalanta 1st half if you have any doubts.

wm72, TifosoRoma, shiboboo and 1 other person repped this.
  25. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roma weren't humiliated. Only someone who didn't watch the game would say that. I thought the team played ok. Our final third play was poor, obviously. We missed a lot of chances. Madrid's goals were outstanding. No crap goals, just what you would expect from world class players.

Goduerza repped this.