CL Match Day 6: Madrid - BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Dec 6, 2017.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sometimes, there is a fine line between being a fan and a masochist. But we need to get through this.

It looks like we are back to the 4-3-3...or maybe 4141...or...it's kind of hard to tell with Bosz and the players used. It could just as well be a 3 man backline again.

Bürki
    Bartra Subotic Sokratis Schmelzer
    Dahoud Sahin Guerreiro
    Kagawa Auba Pulisic

Or whatever. Take your poison.

Pregame press conference Bosz: "And if you look under your seats now, there are 3 points for all of you!"

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:0 after 12 minutes. Nice goal by Ronaldo.
    Could become ugly.

3. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Down 2:0 within the first 15 mins...gonna be a long evening

4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I haven't even got back to watch the game and we are already 2-0 down. It's embarrassing that the club have let this continue.

This is the difference between Bayern and the other teams. Bayern were going to have a poor season so saocrd the manager so they could save it. Dortmund are just happy to have a disaster of the season.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If I were Watzke I'd be embarassed to face anybody who I am taking money from, either personally or a CEO of the business.

He is a laughing stock and has turned out club into one.

Dave46 repped this.
  6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    At least some nice scenes in offense. When we don't have to defend, it doesn't look that bad. Kagawa should have converted his chance, though.

7. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But don't worry guys - we want to turn this around with a guy who is completely out of his depth, and has now managed to pick a fight with Weigl.....

We crawl out of the group stage with zero wins and 2 points. Well done.

Perhaps even more than Bosz, this is an absolute damning indictment on the leadership skills of Schmelzer and Sahin. I have never been a fan of Sahin, but I used to think very highly of Schmelzer. Both have been horrendous this season.

eaglespark and Dave46 repped this.
  8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nice goal Auba. I agree that Schmelzer deserves a lot of criticism for the season and as the captain, in this game he looks pretty/relatively good. He had many interceptions, just like before the goal and did his best filling the holes in defense.

9. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    How many wake-up calls do we need? Bosz is way out of his depth, Watzke should be trialled for being a complete dimwit and the likes of Sahin, Schmelzer, Rode, Schurrle, Toprak, Weidenfeller and LP shouldn't be anywhere near our main roster. I just hope that the young talent in this squad (Weigl, Pulisic, Toljan, Zagadou) opts to remain in the club after the season.

eaglespark repped this.
  10. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Second great assist by Schmelzer . Auba should have scored both ,
    Still it helps

11. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    We're the first team to qualify for the Europa League with only 2 points in the Champions League Group stages. Record previously held by Celtic, who set it yesterday at 3 points.

eaglespark, Liquid1010 and Dave46 repped this.
  12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Now everybody is gaga over Schmelzer because of one assists. He couldn't make up his mind if he was playing LB or LCB all game.

Sahin was a pylon who likely ran about as much as the GKs today.

But this was a yuuuge step in the right direction and we will turn this around with Bosz. Bremen is coming at an important time. If we give everything, we will win.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:3 loss in the end. Kagawa had a great chance to equalize minutes before the end but with around 30-35 minutes to go, we didn't seem to have much left in the tank and that was one of the few chances after Auba's 2:2. Apart from that, we were only waiting for them to score.

Bartra had a very bad day but he was also deserted on the right, often without any support. The guys on our left defensive side supported each other way better. When Bartra got subbed, the right side remained a weakness. I missed the 3:2 but I heard Toprak delivered right away after coming in.

Schmelzer was decent, especially in the first half. Pulisic did what he could and had a couple of nice runs that sooner or later will result in goals. Auba had his fun until we stopped playing offense. Dahoud had too many misplaced passes but what do you expect. Weigl is still trying to find his form and confidence. To get these two to play their best again is a key factor. For someone who was out for so long, Subotic looked ok. It's telling when he's preferred over Toprak.

14. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dahoud with way too many giveaways with dumb passes. He needs to build up confidence and play much more aggressive and direct instead of back passes all the time. He has the technical ability to dribble past opponents and build up attacks but instead he chooses to pass the ball back as soon as he receives it which is essentially what Castro does and it isn't helping the team.

I do like the 3 man back line with Subotic as the anchor but need to play Bartra as part of a back 3 instead of as a wing back as he is not nearly the player for that position but with our personnel situation as it stands currently I can understand why he was playing there today.

15. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Another telling thing that shows is just how much of difference a Piszceck makes for us on the right side considering all our other options...and that is a sad sad point since LP has been someone most wanted replaced as he is no longer the player he once was. This winter transfer period should be used to shore up the defense only as this cannot continue any longer as many of our defenders are not Borussia Dortmund caliber players no matter the coaching.

16. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    ******** it, let's win EL. That maybe the only ticket to CL next season.

17. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The whole right side was really curious. If CP was failing to track those guys I cannot understand why he was not subbed off at the hour. If it was by design then it is just bizarre tactics to me.

The midfield is a real conundrum, players who are capable have no confidence. Dahoud looks like he could help if can get regular playing time. Weigl was kidnapped by aliens, and this player is some kind of botched clone job. What the hell?

18. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    By beating Arsenal/Atletico/Napoli??? I don't think so.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Diego Costa breathes new life into Atletico they will win the double for sure.

20. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    They are beatable.

21. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    What can you say about how bad we have become? Auba continues to score. We will miss him badly when he leaves this summer.

23. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Even in what is currently a terrible team, Auba continues to score. His attitude might not be great (who could really blame him atm though) but he's damn prolific and will be very difficult to replace.

Bosz is useless but it's the clubs management that have created this shitshower. Is there any ambition left anymore at all or are they happy to slide into mediocrity?

eaglespark repped this.
  24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    PEA might even leave in the winter. He's at his peak and good enough to play in the CL. Why the hell would he take peanuts to stay in a club run by a total idiot?

25. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    We have been saying that for some time. Watzke should resign.

Liquid1010 repped this.