City Hall Dynamo Rally & Free Lunch - 11/8 12:30 pm

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by 3VIL L33T, Nov 6, 2006.

1. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX

2. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's the blonde?

3. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The next ex-Ball n' Chain:)

4. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX

Maggie, one of the morning show folks for 790 am. She is the one that interviewed us about how many years we had been season ticket holders . . .

5. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

No,the one you're talking about was actually hotter :cool:

p.s.

They're about to show it on Channel 13 ABC.

6. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Believe it or not that is her. You can see her photo on the 790 am morning show page.

7. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Sorry about that,my wife doesn't know how to take pictures.,and Talbert doesn't know how to get out of the way !! :eek:

8. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They just had the story on ABC...and all the info was right!! :eek: I was shocked. But hey, the media is learning....I love the intro, too

"The Astros didn't make the playoffs. The Texans probably won't" *sigh* "but one Houston team is chasing a cup."

WooHoo!

9. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I will blame Talbert then! Hey nice coverage on Channel 13, but no shots of us fans out there. We made the ulitmate sacrifice of leaving work to come down there and again no face time. I need to hire a publicist!

10. robbzipp

robbzipp New Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Spring, Texas, USA
    My friend said he saw me signing my name on the banner and told me what I wrote. Now everyone in Houston knows I'm a nerd!

Oh, and I did take some pictures. Here's Max, AKA 3VIL L33T:

[​IMG]

and not only were they all nice enough to talk to me and sign my shirt, but some even posed for a picture with me!

[​IMG]

11. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you know what they say about blonde haired women. .. Can you say Bimbo??:) Not the Bread.
    The other saying is,"If men can have their bimbos, then women can have their "'DUMBOS":D

12. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX

Hey she was nice . . . never seen a soccer game . . but nice! ;)

13. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blame me all you want! My boss did. Just got a call from him saying he saw me on the news and wanted to know why I was there and not supervising my work crews. Docked a couple hours pay. :p BTW: I am usually a camera shy so and so . Oh the things we do for Futball!:eek:

14. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said, Bimbo!!:D

15. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    All right lets break it up guys.,we need someone to give us a report from today.
    Where is Zolafan,he's the best at it.
    I had fun out there,never made it back to work.,I hate when that happens.

It was nice meeting you guys and the players.

p.s.

So who was the other blonde in the nice tight white blouse?
    I took a picture with her too.

16. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    If you post the phote maybe we can identify her. :D

17. Dynamo Dave

Dynamo Dave Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Rural East Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saw a news item about the city hall send off on Channell 13. Wasn't too bad. But innocuous.

18. Lark Howorth

Lark Howorth Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Channel 2's lead sports story was the Dynamo. Interviews with several players; some footage from last Sunday's game; and coverage of the event downtown today. Rockets were the second story of the night. It was most excellent.

19. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok, Bandido, just for you...(sorry, I was out all afternoon and evening after the rally)

1. Got over there a little after noon, saw Bandido in front of a camera for some Spanish station, and Newtex doing that radio interview. I really regret not going closer to listen in to the idiotic questions, but I would have been too tempted to start heckling Andy while he was being interviewed. Not to mention not wanting to be interviewed myself - I brushed off an offer from the Ch. 13 guys just before they talked w/Sam.

2. yeah, what a burn about that food thing. when they finally brought out the food around 12:15, all I saw ahead of us in line were these people wearing city ID badges. I thought Newtex's idea for winnowing down the line was great - to get the free Wing Stop, name two MLS teams! Thanks, Andy, for going back and unfurling the banner - I was going to hang in there til I got my free wings!

3. While standing in line, some station was shooting footage of the band, tried to drown them out by starting up "yo si le voy, le voy a naranja" :) Also tried to get that and "vamos houston, tenemos que ganar" going when I came back from getting food. As Andy noted, not too many fans there to join along.

4. And returning to the topic of not knowing jack about MLS, how much you wanna bet Adrian Garcia did not know the name of the team we were playing - he improvised well and claimed he didn't want to say their names, but he obviously drew a blank as he was blathering on...

5. I know who 3VIL L33T is, I introduced myself at a tailgate early in the season because I recognized his personalized Dynamo jersey he posted a pic of on the board. He was also at the awards luncheon at Irma's Southwest Grill, another one of those city perks I guess. :)

6. Hey, lay off my fellow Bruin Zach Wells! You know, this isn't based on any inside info, but I wonder if he'd move up to #1 keeper next yr not because we lose Pat to Toronto, but because Pat retires. Don't ask me why i wonder about that, maybe some SJ fan speculated on that on the boards after we got the team...

7. So apparently no fan shots in Ch. 13's report, anyone see the TA banner or any of us on Ch. 2 or elsewhere?

21. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good times. Glenn carried the day very well. Adrian called us soon World Champs....jeez!....but I signed the big banner for all of us.

I spoke with Spencer, Kelly, Ryan and Paul. Wished them the best and told Kelly and Ryan that Rico and his mujer can join us in 123. Told'em he can have my seats. Just get in there like some of the DCU lads do with their Hinchada. Metrouston was there for that. Told'em to win the Cup for Rico after playing so tremendous all season as El Brujo's windshield wiper.

Got no food but I snagged a 7up and like everyone else saw the City Hall chow mongerers making a massive line.

I saw us on Ch2 last night. Good shot of us and our Texian Army banner. We tried to get people to sing along but that was asking a lot from the others in attendance. Bandido and I got to give some words in Spanish for Telemundo....didn't see the footage on TV last night however. Miguel from our Tejano Batallon was out there and as many had said I wish we could have had mas hinchas out there. But as playoffs are...there is very little prep time for these games and or media type events.

22. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very belated bump re the picture on page C7 in Thursday's Chron sports section - a shot from behind the players as they were introduced at the City Hall rally. you can see the Texian Army banner, and Bandido is pretty obvious in his hat and w/his big Dynamo flag...