Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'FC Cincinnati' started by CrazyJ628, Jul 30, 2007.

1. MelbaToast

MelbaToast Member+

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'll just say that by conservative I don't necessarily mean Republican voters.

mike4066 repped this.
  2. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    That number jumps to 11 if you consider greater Cincinnati. Cincy's actual borders are tiny

3. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    I consider myself German-American. Our family didn't lose their culture even after my father and his brothers were orphaned as children. Some families lost the hyphen some didn't. I think Oktoberfest reaffirms this yearly

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Are the Cincinnati owners ready to come forth with the expansion fee and pay for improvements at Nippert soon or is their entrance into MLS contingent on getting their own new separate stadium?

5. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    They have 250 million (150 for fee 100 for stadium) leaves 100 million gap on the stadium. Can build in Newport today with the available TIF but fan base is asking them to work a deal out in the city

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks but what does TIF stand for?

7. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    Tax increment financing.
    They estimate your taxes over the next 15-20 years, give you the value up front, and then your property taxes pay it back over that same time frame.

falvo repped this.
  8. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    Soccer on the front page, if shared already I apologize:

Attached Files:

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I read that one problem with Nippert was that there weren't any accessible kitchens for concessions. Why couldn't they bring in food trucks like Quakes do at San Jose's Avaya Stadium?

10. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    The big problem is grass. No grass no Bueno. Personally I love nippert but I'm not playing ya know. I know when I did play grass> everything.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know what you mean about turf. It can't be worse than Seattle or Portland. I recall the Sounders replaced their turf a few years ago but I can't imagine it being that much of an improvement. I think the Timbers field is a little better but it's still the fake stuff.

12. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    Happy 4th of July weekend from me to you and yours

falvo and mike4066 repped this.
  13. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
  14. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Be a nice showcase if get a WNT match. I'd guess they'd have to do something about the playing surface though.

15. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    You know, Paul brown stadium was built to house World Cup soccer matches. When they designed the stadium they designed it to be able to house national team games. Even have a plan in place for grass that can be laid over the turf. whether anyone in the world wants to actually deal with mike brown is yet to be seen lol

16. Lentil Soup with Beans

Portland Thorns/Timbers
    Azerbaijan
    Mar 28, 2017
    The Dinner Table
  17. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    What firms are Greater Cincinnati's 9th, 10th, and 11th FORTUNE 500 companies? Currently, both the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber of commerce and the Cincinnati Business Courier say that Greater Cincinnati is home to eight corporations on the 2017 FORTUNE 500:

#18 The Kroger Co.
    #36 P&G
    #110 Macy's
    #389 Fifth Third Bancorp
    #411 American Financial Group
    #415 AK Steel
    #476 Cincinnati Financial
    #483 Western & Southern Financial Group

18. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    #219 Cincy Liverpool fan, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    Forgot omni care was purchased by CVS
    Ashland landed just outside at 516 this year and Cintas at 520. They usually hover around the cut off. General cable came it at 600 hadn't seen the new rankings

19. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    Hey, a metro area being home to the headquarters of eight FORTUNE 500 companies is nothing to sneeze at. It is a feather in Cincinnati's cap.

That said, it would be interesting to see whether moving from solely considering FORTUNE 500 companies headquartered within municipalities to those located throughout metro areas would change the totals for the other MLS expansion candidates. For example, while Nashville is home to a single FORTUNE 500 company headquartered within the city proper (#63 HCA Healthcare), the Nashville metro area claims six (#63 HCA Healthcare, #128 Dollar General, #130 Community Health Systems, #374 LifePoint Health, #396 Tractor Supply, and #480 Delek US Holdings).

20. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    Sacramento at 2
    Tampa Bay (gotta love no income tax Florida) has 4
    Detroit @ 11
    San Diego has 2 (which shocks me)
    Raleigh I couldn't find but they have 12 in the state of North Carolina
    Charleston has 1
    Miami has 5 I believe (counting fort laudedale)
    It's an inexact metric but does present great corporate sponsorship opportunities

21. Cleat-USA

Cleat-USA Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Re Miami you absolutely include Ft Lauderdale. Additionally you include WPB and everything in between.

22. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    Which firms are you counting as Greater Sacramento's two FORTUNE 500 companies?

Yep... #107 Tech Data in Clearwater, #152 Jabil Circuit in St. Petersburg, #185 WellCare Health Plans in Tampa, and #469 Raymond james Financial in St. Petersburg.

How far afield are you going to find Greater Detroit's 11th FORTUNE 500 company? I had the metro area at ten: #8 General Motors, #10 Ford in Dearborn, #142 Penske Automotive Group in Bloomfield Hills, #151 Lear in Southfield, #272 DTE Energy, #283 AutoLiv in Auburn Hills, #286 Ally Financial, #305 BorgWarner in Auburn Hills, #372 Masco in Taylor, and #490 Kelly Services in Troy.

Yes... #119 Qualcomm and #280 Sempra Energy.

The U.S. Census Bureau's Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill CSA is home to #390 Quintiles IMS Holdings in Durham.

Greater Charlotte - which also filed a bid for an MLS expansion team - is home to six FORTUNE 500 headquarters: #26 Bank of America, #40 Lowe's in Mooresville, #121 Duke Energy, #169 Nucor, #287 Sonic Automotive, and #397 Sealed Air.

Amongst other markets that filed applications for MLS expansion teams, Greater St. Louis is home to nine FORTUNE 500 corporate headquarters, Greater San Antonio plays host to five, Greater Phoenix has four, and Greater Indianapolis has three.

23. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    San Diego doesn't have many F500 companies but we do have large satellite offices for Intuit, Teradata, NorthrupGrumman and other defense contractors. There are also corporate HQ's for Petco and other F1000 companies.

Its a weird market for sure.

24. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    It's a military city for sure, my cousin was stationed there, gorgeous area