Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'FC Cincinnati' started by CrazyJ628, Jul 30, 2007.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    John Harkes shouldn't have quit. Makes you wonder what he is thinking right now.

Remember to repost this on October 31st....;)

2. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought they fired him?

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I heard he quit but who really knows.

4. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    no he was asked to resign. he and the GM fought like crazy (allegedly). shame, I really liked harkes

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Really? Wow that’s too bad. Wonder what transpired?

7. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    #507 Cincy Liverpool fan, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    so many rumors. I've been promised it would eventually get out for a year and a half now. the infighting makes the most sense. also heard their was a sexual harassment lawsuit but that's too big to hide so I tend to believe the infighting. Harkes was so good in the community during the start up. he showed up to everything and his wife was from cincy so he was pretty quickly accepted. Koch is our coach now though and the team is in first place so what's done is done I guess

8. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I won't be able to attend, but this is a great idea going beyond rivalry. Not sure if it will make a difference, but shows how so many FCC fans feel about Crew situation.

Honore de Ballsac repped this.
  9. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another triangle/scandal invoilving Harkes? It couldn't happen twice in a lifetime could it? I'm betting that was just a rumor someone started.

Cincy Liverpool fan repped this.
  11. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    like I said, so many rumors. the infighting makes the most sense.

12. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    attendance not looking good for the open cup tonight woof. I think the club forgot to tell people the game was moved from MIN to Cincy in time with all the mls announcement stuff. hopefully we have a good walk up crowd tonight

13. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what you think about Spencer Richey?? you gonna grab him in the expansion draft? How's he looked for you?? He was really highly rated coming out of college. Figured you guys might bring him along at the next level.

14. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On behalf of all of us in Crewville, a big THANK YOU for coming ip for tonight’s match. We really appreciate your support.
    Here’s to many years of road-tripping, and the Hell is Real Derby for many years to come!

15. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    He's a fine back up, but Newton has earned the spot. I'd be surprised if either move to MLS, and if they do will likely be as back ups.

16. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Will Cincy keep the same coach for next year in MLS or hire a new guy?

17. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Plan is to keep Koch through 2019 and possibly beyond. This assumes things go pretty well. If we crash out of USL playoffs in first round (again) this year I think you'll hear grumbles from fans, but management loves him so he'll be around for a while.

18. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I'd be a little concerned about that plan. Maybe he's a coach on the ascent but there's a reason he was in the USL to begin with. Let's hope he's not too attached to the current players because not many should be making the move with him.

19. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They’ll grab porter at the first sniff of an unprepared poor streak

20. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I don't think more than six players will move on to MLS next year. Lots of new signings have to happen.

21. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yeah, the top 5-6 players on a good USL team are probably as good as the bottom 5-6 on an MLS side. But you'll probably need a whole new starting lineup (I'm not familiar with your roster).

MLS has some weird roster and player acquisition rules. You'll get an expansion draft to pick up players from current MLS teams. Most of those will be starters for you next year. You'll get the top pick in the Superdraft but the best players are usually part of an existing team's homegrown academy and don't go through the draft. You'll get to sign free agents but those are older players. You'll get the top allocation pick which is usually worth having. You'll get a bunch of "discovery" slots which can be used to sign players from outside MLS.

You probably won't be able to sign homegrown players for a couple of years. At some point, FCC and the Crew will need to work out exclusive territories. Outside of those you might join in the Fire-Crew fight over Indianapolis high school players. We also fight with the Fire in SE Michigan. Maybe you can beat Nashville into the Lexington Ky area too.

22. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. mclip_66

mclip_66 Member

Mar 5, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    3 Big signings in prep for the move to MLS -

Pa Konte on loan from Serie A S.P.A.L. (left back with Sweden National Youth Team Experience)

Fatai Alashe from San Jose (Midfielder)

Fenendo Adi as FC Cincinnati's first DP from Portland [2016 goal score leader, 2017 2nd on team in goals]

Baring a loan out of Adi which is possible but not currently planned all will play with the USL team for the remainder of this season as well.

mike4066 repped this.
  24. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Cincinnati are looking to follow a trend in MLS with a stadium inside the city limits, but according to a new interview with the architect of the project, the inspiration is more far-flung.
    [​IMG]
    Entertainment and sports trade publication VenuesNow published a profile on Wednesday on the 2019 MLS expansion team's stadium project, and according to architect Dan Meis, the objective is to find a way to integrate the stadium with the neighborhood in the most reasonable way, as happened in Europe and in the past with baseball stadiums in Chicago and Boston.

“It’s a lot like our [early] ballparks in the US,” Meis said in the profile. “There was a field, and as the club got more popular, they built a grandstand, and then added to it or built another grandstand. It’s kind of odd using baseball as an analogy, but that’s our heritage with parks like Wrigley and Fenway. It’s very much that model about how they connect to the community, and it starts to really influence the architecture.”

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...tadium-architects-inspired-old-time-ballparks