Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'FC Cincinnati' started by CrazyJ628, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I check it from time to time, it has some good information and tons of speculation. I always try to verify as been caught in the past thinking a rumor was true.

2. midfielder467

midfielder467 Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    What more do they need to do or are MLS waiting on one of the other bids to get better...

3. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the tomfoolery on display by MLS right now is discouraging. For all markets. You literally cannot be any more game ready than cincinnati.

aetraxx7 repped this.
  4. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like Sacramento...................:whistling:

mike4066 repped this.
  5. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please, MLS has let markets in for much less. entertain us. What else does cincinnati need?

6. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    The issue is more the deadlines being meaningless as clearly this has been a year long negotiation. If we had a firm "yes or no on this date" it would be bearable compared to "know more in 60-90 days" repeated.

OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  7. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What markets have they let in for less recently?

Cincinnati obviously still has loose ends that need to be tied up. Just like "Shovel Ready" Sacramento. Nothing more, nothing less. When one or both bids are sewn up tight, MLS will admit them.

Again, MLS doesn't NEED to expand at this point. Any group that wants to get an expansion team is going to have to have all of their ducks in a row, all of the i's dotted and T's crossed in order to get in. The days of simply coming to MLS with a wheel barrow full of cash and a stadium "plan" are long over.

mike4066 repped this.
  8. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so Miami doesnt really stick out like a sore thumb to you at all? or NYCFC playing in a baseball stadium that makes the soccer unwatchable? I know, sexy markets, exceptions, backham clauses, etc, etc, etc. Miami, frankly speaking, is an embarrassment. Phoenix is further along than Miami and they havent even been in the discussion. In fact, every time we bring up Miami, they take a step back.

9. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously? This shit again? Both of those markets were granted teams prior to a ball being licked in either Sacramento or Cincinnati. I've watched a soccer game at Yankee stadium, it's not bad at all. Yes, the TV presentation sucks because of the camera positioning. The in stadium experience is not bad at all. Not to mention they just spent over $20M building a team facility. Miami is the Latin American Capital, and the gateway to South America.

The league is not going to let a team start there unless it is done absolutely spot on. They have the local ownership. It'll get done.

The league doesn't need anymore half assed efforts in the league like Philadelphia, Colorado, Chicago, FC Dallas & Columbus. This is why they are taking their time and not rushing decisions. The league is doing their due diligence to make sure they are inviting the right investors to join their group.

10. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #385 OWN(yewu)ED, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    you asked for teams recently named with loose ends to be tied up......wellllllllll, them apples; how do you like them? Miami is exponentially less further along than Cincy. you could make a well-made arguement that San Antonio is more prepared for MLS than Miami. It is obvious that little pomp event was nothing more than a charade to keep them in the discussion, because they are even LESS far along than they were before. That is not fair to Cincinnati, and yes, that is unbecoming.

And Miami with its current outer city plan will make Colorado and Dallas look like a stroke of genius (again). It is going to be egg in MLS's face when Miami fails a second time, especially if they pass up fanbases that dwarf anything Miami comes up with (and perhaps even NYCFC).

and judging by butts in seats, there is literally, literally nothing to fear about being a potential uh, well, one of those teams.

11. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS has told the Miami group that they can't start until their stadium is built. That ownership group is the richest in MLS, or just about any league for that matter. Will it get done when YOU want it done? No, because you have unrealistic expectations and want everything yesterday.

12. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    Let's say cincy doesn't get in so they don't build the stadium. the fan base continues to grow (which it will, we've moved beyond the, "Oh something new!" stage and the media and fans are still pumping the club). Paul Brown stadium contract ends 2025. What happens to the league credibility if they have a second division team playing in an nfl stadium and filling it and they still have mls teams averaging 10-15 k fans? what's the point of all these "big markets" if no one gives a shit about the sport in those markets?

13. MelbaToast

MelbaToast Member+

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lloyd Christmas had a better chance of nailing Mary Swanson than this ever happening.

VBCity72 and Timon19 repped this.
  14. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    they pull in 35 thousand for playoff games already. The year over year average attendance has grown by 15% a year, season ticket base is approaching 20 k in year 3. you can be as smug as you like, it's growing faster than the bengals did when they were started.

15. MelbaToast

MelbaToast Member+

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You'd be better off not believing your fantasies. Growth of 15% will not continue perpetually and FCC will not sell out PBS anytime soon.

16. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    Stats, projections based on stats and historical references are fantasies now? interesting. hopeful, yes but if I wanted to be without hope I would root for the reds.

17. MelbaToast

MelbaToast Member+

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #392 MelbaToast, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    The way you are trying to use them? Yes.

18. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    If I had a dollar for every time someone on this site told me/us that I/we was/were living in a fantasy over the past 4 years I'd be able to save the crew.

19. MelbaToast

MelbaToast Member+

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Based on this interaction, I'm willing to bet you were told so for good reason.

FCC fans must come to terms on this issue. MLS' interest in FCC appears to exist only as long as the Crew remain Austin-bound. There is no other conceivable reason for the league to keep dragging their feet on an expansion to such a well-supported club.

20. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Regardless of the past "breaking of barriers", the laws of physics still bind us.

Translated to current vs. future levels of support for professional sports...well, you could look at Toronto's doldrums after setting the world on fire for several years.

21. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I could see wanting the stadium situation completely locked down being the big hurdle. It's been such a roller coaster past six months I understand if MLS didn't want to get ahead of itself awarding an expansion, and then possibly retracting it. Cincinnati cannot command a New York or Miami scenario.

22. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    which takes us back to the point of my original post. how much will it hurt league credibility to have a lower division team dwarfing the fan interest, attendance...tv ratings..., atmosphere of most their league with no avenue to advance. we aren't Rochester, we have a larger economy and more people than the metro of Liverpool. Would be a serious black eye for the league

23. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I never get ahead of myself with our off field success so I don't panic if challenges or struggle occur. We wanted 10K, we got 17K, then 21K, and looks like possibly 23K this year. If we decline at some point it is natural in sports and why I have no issue with the new stadium being 21K as could see us after a few bad years getting 15K. Lot of variables and all I can do is support the club and trust the people in charge have the ambition and resources to keep us competitive.

jaykoz3 and Timon19 repped this.
  24. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    the Indy Cincy Loserville triangle rivalry is going to do wonders for the usl, I don't anticipate having bad years in the usl unless CL3 sells

25. MelbaToast

MelbaToast Member+

Jun 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The problem is you're getting carried away. They're not even close to selling out Nippert and you're talking about selling out a stadium 60% larger. Pump the breaks.