Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'FC Cincinnati' started by CrazyJ628, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    You want me to prove that northern Ohio roots for Ohio State? LOL how would you like your stats?

2. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    If you can show that they do at a greater rate than southern Ohio, go for it. Definitions of "north" and "south" are obviously necessary.

But since this was an ancillary, flailing argument, you'll also have to show how it proves the assertion that "Columbus represents nothern Ohio". Good luck!

3. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    From SI putting a map to rooting interests.

Attached Files:

4. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    And it's not a flailing argument, you haven't actually given me anything to disprove my assertion. All you've said is "CINCITUCKY!" Which isn't actually an argument. It's an attempt at a slur. A bad one at that given Greater Cincy is now Ohio's largest economy (and the fastest growing economy in the Midwest).

5. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    It's your job to support your assertion. It's NEVER the job of the other party to disprove an assertion.

You said that "Columbus represents northern Ohio". That's your assertion to prove. I'll give you an easy out if you add "politically", but then again, that applies to the entire state.

A map from SI doesn't cut it. It doesn't even answer the sub-argument.

6. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    Sure it does, it's not even a question when it comes to Ohio state. It's laughable that you are even arguing against it.

7. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You have provided zero numbers, and no definitions.

You made an initial assertion that is a silly statement at best, and as some sort of proof, you then asserted that BECAUSE more people root for Ohio State "in the north", THEREFORE "Columbus represents northern Ohio" whatever that means.

Even if I grant you that more people root for Ohio State in whatever it is you call "northern Ohio", in no way does that then mean your original assertion is in any way correct, except the aforementioned political sense.

You made a goofy-ass statement, and got called on it in a neutral-friendly manner, initially. Instead of admitting that it was a bit silly, you doubled down with a stupid logic train, and in support of THAT, you give me the world's most simplistic map from known hardcore research firm, Sports Illustrated.

It's OK, really, it is. You said something silly. Own it.

8. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus doesnt really have a solid grasp on Toledo and Northwest Ohio sports wise. NW Ohio is honestly like 50/50 OSU-Michigan, 60/40 at the extreme most. Our pro sports fandom is closely linked to Detroit (as our minor league teams are their farm teams). Some people up here probably wish Michigan would of claimed Toledo in the "war".

9. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Money. They wanted a 25,000 capacity stadium, but due to having to finance it 100% they scaled back to 21,000 model with ability to expand to 25,000 then 30,000 in the future.

I think they want a Portland or Kansas City scenario where scarcity helps drive demand, especially given ticket prices will likely double going from USL to MLS.

Nippert for FC Cincinnati is 35,000 capacity. Initially the had tarps to reduce capacity to 20,000 which can pretty easily be removed for demand.

FC Cincinnati has average 17,000 in 2016 and 21,000 in 2017. Season tickets went from 5,500 to 11,000. Goal for 2018 is 15,000 season tickets.

10. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    #335 Cincy Liverpool fan, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    That's why I said Toledo doesn't count because it's Ohio occupied Michigan land :) only teasing. Edit: I'm sure this post will inspire a novel

11. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    So SI's fan territory graphic based on jersey sales, self expressed fandom, polling, tv ratings, and Facebook mentions isn't sufficient? It's ludicrous that you think "Ohio state owns northern Ohio" is a "silly statement" it's one of the most true statements anyone has ever made in an online forum in the history of the Internet. You keep on posting because you think getting the last word makes you right but idc anymore. Ohio state owns the north, Southwestern Ohio not so much. Get over it.

12. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Just for your whiny self who is aggressively not getting it, I'll grant you that Ohio State is more popular "in the north".

You still haven't come anywhere near supporting, much less proving your original assertion, and you know you can't possibly do so, which is why you've chosen to focus on this OSU thing.

13. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    "Columbus represents the northern part of the state." That was the original statement. We are speaking in an online sports forum, what do you think we are speaking about? Politics? Beer? Designer purses?

We are speaking about sports. Columbus has osu, the northern half of the state roots for osu, thus, and see if you follow me here, Columbus represents the north. They also have the crew, do you know of any team in the north of Ohio that can challenge the crew? No? Then the crew represent the north as well. Cincy doesn't care about Columbus sports, I have shown the north does. Go away now troll

14. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    That's awful. You certainly are committed. And strangely, fairly angry.

15. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    You don't even have an argument anymore, you've spent a weekend trying to troll me into withdrawing a pretty non-controversial statement. Since you are out of "prove it" arguments, I'm moving on and just muting you. Good day.

16. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You actually think that mess is proof? Jesus. Just at the obvious level, you consider only the university and professional soccer side of things. This is because all the other aspects are inconvenient to your idiocy.

This is not to mention, yet again, how badly you botch the directionality of your own pathetic arguments. Why are you so committed dying on this stupid hill?

17. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    do you know if they will move back to the 25,000 seat stadium plan if they build in Newport?

18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could make a comment about your recent posts. But I won't.

19. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Good for you, Dave.

Good. For. You.

20. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I do not.

My sense is once they crossed the threshold of 100% self founding in Oakley that became the plan for either site. Newport would be pretty ticked if Oakley fell through for FCC to change the deal for them. In hindsight it probably would have been better to just focus on Newport and could have had a deal a month ago. They really wanted it in the city of Cincinnati though and thought giving such a fair deal would have sealed it, but seeing now negotiations are still ongoing and uncertain.

21. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    MLS has a meeting (had a meeting?) with the county commissioners today, I'm really curious what comes out of this (or why garber even took the meeting).

22. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Really? Garber came to town? This is probably good news. Can't imagine that MLS would announce the expansion teams without making sure that all the i's are dotted and t's crossed. Lots of due diligence on both sides. The probably wouldn't be meeting with groups unless they were planning to go forward.

23. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The conference call about PBS

24. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -------------------------
    Looking at other articles on the web, the city seems to sure want the team to play at PaulBrown.
    Could it be the stadium sits empty most of year and they are making payments on it?
    I understand the city paid for an NFL & MLB stadiums, on the hook for most of payments and probably really want the MLS team to pay rent and help out on the payments?
    Could it be why FCC went to UofC instead?
    Its another plastic, NFL field stadium. Is it even wide enough? FCC worked with UofC to widen their field.
    I believe its large than even the UofC stadium.
    IF MLS and the FCC owners stick to wanting a SSS, I think Cincy may miss out on this round of expansion.
    Then again, i am loosing some faith in Garber as we now have Atlanta in a NFL stadium to go along with SEA, NE and other plastic fields in VAN & PDX. Don't need another.
    Thank god that LAFC- MINN- DC and most likely MIA will come in with grass and SSS.
    SAC & NASH seem to have checked off all the boxes- supportive city, stadium sites, financing.

25. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    The meeting with the county today... the county attorney told the commission that the current lease with the Bengals makes PBS unusable by anyone else. Despite the fact that NFL stadiums are used for 10 events per year.

Right now, FCC is asking the city and county for infrastructure. It looks like FCC has the money to fund the stadium proper.

On field size... NFL uses a field 120 yards long by 53.3 yards wide. IFAB laws have the field 110 to 120 yards long and 70 to 80 yards wide for international games. Typically, football-only NFL stadiums are not wide enough. PBS is a little narrow at the ends of the field.

Cincy will get the stadium done. The county and city seem to be moving on this.

canammj repped this.