Cincinnati

Discussion in 'FC Cincinnati' started by EPJr, May 18, 2016.

1. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    FC Cincinnati: the third-tier US soccer team pulling in 20,000 fans a game.

A club for the people, created by the businessmen
    Perhaps the most impressive feat during FC Cincinnati’s rapid growth has been their ability to truly represent the full spectrum of soccer supporters in the area. While The Bailey, the club’s official supporters section, waves massive blue-and-orange flags and ignites smoke bombs, other sections of Nippert Stadium seat young families and casual fans attending just to witness the city’s latest craze.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/16/fc-cincinnati-usl-record-attendances-soccer

3. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    In terms of ownership and support think we've done as well as anyone could expect. Hoping means at least a dialog starts with MLS.

6. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    msilverstein47, CrazyJ628 and Traumer repped this.
  7. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DG needs a team to pair with LA2 in 2018. Thought it would be Sac, but maybe not. Sac and LA2 are both left coast, while Cincy addresses need for another team in the mid-West. You say, "Miami"? They need at least 10 years to get ready!

8. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Big thing is stadium. Be curious about his remarks to regards to Nippert. If it is an issue best case scenario then would be 2020 in a SSS.

9. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That field is 70 yard wide at most. We can't continue with these "not ideal" fields and expected to be taken seriously.

11. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    "The upcoming renovation calls for expanding the field to 115 yards long and 75 yards wide. Nippert's soccer field currently is 110 yards long and 70 yards wide. A bigger field would bring Nippert Stadium up to MLS playing regulations and allow UC to potentially host popular U.S. national team qualifying matches and exhibition games for some of the world's top soccer clubs."

Looking forward to 2017 and larger playing surface.

12. mgw1975

mgw1975 New Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Is anyone still on this FC Cincinnati thread? A couple of links to share:

First is on offseason transfer business. They've signed a lot of players and improved the squad, I still think they need a big(ger) name striker to lead the line though.
    http://lastwordonsoccer.com/2017/01/30/fc-cincinnati-strengthens-with-seven/

MLS Expansion News. I still like the team's chances but they need to overcome the small TV market size with a great bid otherwise.
    https://orangeandbluepress.com/2017/01/22/mls-expansion-news-five-markets/

HoopDreams and amadora2700 repped this.
  13. amadora2700

amadora2700 Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
  14. amadora2700

amadora2700 Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    @fccincinnati have "submitted an application that meets all MLS requirements, including plans for a soccer-specific stadium"

HoopDreams repped this.
  15. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    Details would be fascinating to read over.

amadora2700 and HoopDreams repped this.
  16. amadora2700

amadora2700 Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm all over reddit and no one has a clue as to the stadium site nor details of location.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/

HoopDreams repped this.
  17. HoopDreams

HoopDreams New Member

Jan 15, 2017
    The Information SuperHighway
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  18. amadora2700

amadora2700 Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    [​IMG] As MLS officials evaluate Nippert's long-term viability as part of the big leagues, FC Cincinnati has evaluated other sites in the area. That brainstorming has included sites in Covington and Newport, Berding said. Any new stadium would be in the metro's urban core, and that includes the Northern Kentucky riverfront, he said.

http://www.rcnky.com/articles/2017/...rt-mix-fc-cincinnati-explores-options-stadium

19. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    I think there is value in having Cincinnati in Cincinnati, and I think the city has done so much better these days than before in working with businesses and development plans. I think Covington or Newport would be options should Cincinnati #1 and #2 fall through.

mgw1975 and amadora2700 repped this.
  20. mgw1975

mgw1975 New Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree, best case scenario is of course having the stadium is right downtown, but that could be difficult to pull off for a variety of reasons. I'm glad they are considering NKY as an option personally, as I'd rather have it there on the river than may OH locations outside of downtown.

21. amadora2700

amadora2700 Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    mgw1975 repped this.
  22. mgw1975

mgw1975 New Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yep, I think the club has been pretty clear that they won't ask for it. I doubt it would be well received if they did. Approvals for construction of that size will be difficult enough. I could see them potentially asking for some help on infrastructure around the stadium like we've seen with some other privately funded stadium proposals like Tampa/Detroit.

amadora2700 repped this.
  23. Traumer

Traumer Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Cincinnati
    The club stated they have resources and sites and have no plans for votes or public funding. On one hand I love this and makes me optimistic about stadium and MLS happening. On the other it still stings to know how badly the city got burned by the Bengals and their stadium.