Cianciarulo & Alonso make USLD1 Team of the Week

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by JBG - Bribe Taker, Apr 24, 2008.

1. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cianciarulo was named Player of the Week for his 2 goals in our 2-2 draw with Miami. What's more impressive is this was his pro debut and he played almost no time in any preseason warmups. How good is this kid? Should be cool to watch him this season.

And it's no surprise that Alonso also made the team for his strong showing against Seattle in our home opening 1-1 draw. Seattle is a good team and he did very good with the ball in the middle of the park. I hope he can stay healthy cause I see him having a great year.

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good stuff,

From what I understand, Cianciarulo almost didnt make the team as he was 2 hours late for one the early practices during the CCC. Maybe thats is why he didnt get much playing time during the preseason? But it should be interesting to see how he does. Not to get to ahead of myself but I can see both he and Alonso (and dare I say Patterson?) as early Rookie of the year canidates

3. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And CC was playing a center mid position. So, now we have him battling with Alonso, Armstrong, Lazo and I guess Rolko for 2 spots in the middle (and I probably left someone out). Should be a healthy competition for PT. Anyone know if he has experience as a forward? Or might we see a 3-5-2 formation on occasion?