Christine Latham

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by UFGator98, Sep 10, 2002.

1. UFGator98

UFGator98 Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Florida
    Saw her play this weekend for the first time. I have heard about her, she's one of the best forwards in the game, scores a lot of goals, has a ton of career points, etc. I didn't really pay much attention to her on the field while at the game, I was concentrating more on the Gators and what they were doing....Latham also didn't get too many touches as well. Anyway, last night, Sunshine showed a replay of the game from Sunday and they showed a lot of Latham. This is the first time I've ever seen her play, so I don't know if this happens all the time or what, but she is not a team player. She was constantly yelling and screaming at her teammates, complained about the officiating and was quite a dirty player. I saw at least 3 instances where she "went after" GK Jordan Kellgren, after she had the ball. I don't know if it's cause the Gator defense totally frustrated her and she didn't get any real chances to score, but I was so unimpressed with her attitude on the field. And towards the latter stages of the game, it looked as if her teammates gave up on her as well, there was no chemistry with the team, they seemed to almost be mad at her and when they had chances to get her the ball, they would reverse field or pass off to someone else.

Now, like I said, this may have just been a one time thing, being frustrated or whatever, but for all her accolades, I was unimpressed. She has talent and you could see that, but when things didn't go her way or she made a mistake, she took it out on her teammates or the officials, not herself. For anyone who has seen her play before, is this how she always is or was it an aberration?

2. ringster

ringster New Member

Jun 5, 2001
    Quebec, Canada
    From the game that I saw on tv a while back with the Canadian national team she did not act the way you said she did. If she did act that way I am very disappointed by her attitude, but hopefully for her teammates it was just a bad day. No one should have that attitude with teammate.

3. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    i would have to second ringster's comment...i've seen latham play many times for team canada, and what you described was not similliar. she is a tough, physical player, but as for the other stuff, hopefully she was just having a bad day. from the times i've seen her, she interacts with her teammates wonderfully, and is a clown and very candid and likeable. but, i've only seen latham in a team canada setting, so i'm not sure if that can be said at nebraska, but hopefully it can be. i hope it was a bad day too...:)

elaine

4. milbrett

milbrett New Member

Apr 9, 2000
    MA
    the first time I saw her play I knew I didn't like her! She's another Hooper in the making, which means she'll get the same treatment Hooper gets. Don't get me wrong...they both know how to score goals...I just think they play dirty which takes away from me admiring their skill.