Christian Pulisic Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ussoccer97531, Oct 21, 2015.

1. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps Suyuntuy prefers his Oligarchs to come with a Yankee swagger?

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The guy is connected to all forms of shady deals in Europe. There's a reason the UK delayed indefinitely giving him a visa and he's now going the roundabout way by getting an Israeli passport.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ecomes-israeli-citizen-month-uk-visa-delayed/

The guy is one of the wealthiest men in the world and most of that money has no known or traceable origins. That renders him more than a bit suspect, not to mention the contacts he keeps with known mafioso types.

3. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Abrahamovich must regret not having his American passport now. Why be a mere oligarch when you can dream instead of ruling over your own Oligarchy..

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  4. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think those days of "playing thru an injury" are in the past. They ought to be, imo.

5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    When EPL managers tell you to "go break a leg" they mean it literally.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I can foresee a future where instead of national team we have teams owned by corporations, and most of the games are broadcast in VR.

And yes, the masses will tune in to see Walmart take on Amazon for the VR Retailers Cup. Each team will be loaded with stars, of course.

PS: Eventually, the star human players will be replaced by star CGI players.

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I’m probably more familiar with Roman’s history than anyone here, but the notion that his visa has anything to do with “shady deals” is.....highly unlikely. It’s entirely related to UK/Russian tensions.

truefan420 repped this.
  8. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I definitely believe playing through injury is a thing of the past unless it is medically proven not to be exacerbated. Soccer is hard enough to play even at 100% and the value of the players is so great that putting someone in who is not
    physically able is counterproductive to the team and club.

9. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CSL currently has 12 teams named after the corporations that own the teams.

Good old Communism!

10. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    of course, when chandler said the same thing to wood, he was castigates for not caring....I guess it’s progress

btlove repped this.
  11. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rules will be tweaked to amp up the action. The pitch will be made more elliptical, and required to make use of the slickest of rad turf, and the cleats will be allowed roller blades and spikes for better grip and wing speed. All players can don gloves and headgear, not just the keepers, and that big soft ball can be replaced by something smaller, denser, and perhaps made of shiny metal.... and then of course Mikey, as the prototypical #6, should ride at the center in a phat Harley Davidson [so never again will we complain about his mobility.......].
    Now if only Houston can make it by Tokyo to qualify for the World Championship.....

[​IMG]

nobody, russ and Three and Three repped this.
  12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    China has seamlessly transitioned from Communism (rule of the Party) to Fascism (rule of the Transnationals, through the party).

Funny thing is, they seem quite pleased with it. For now. Fascism can create huge amounts of wealth for a while, but after needs warfare to keep things going.

Anyway, as counties were a product of the horse-drawn carriage, nation-states were a product of the car, and now that you can have breakfast in Tokyo, supper in London and sleep in LA, well....

TOAzer repped this.
  13. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    China came from the labor side whereas the traditional fascism tends to come from the capital side and corral labor into its ambit. Thus you see capitalists like LeBron being lassoed into the Chinese system while the nan whose name shall not be mentioned focuses on entertaining the masses on behalf of the corporations which is what we think of as traditional fascism. One could extend the illustration to HongKong but this post is getting seriously ban worthy so I'll just LeBron out of here.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  14. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool I finally found the Chinese communism thread I’ve been looking for.

gunnerfan7, goussoccer, btlove and 9 others repped this.
  15. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahaha dude you had me straight dying for a hot minute. After what has been a very long day, thank you.

16. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  17. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    We also have players now who have to be in the air 6-8 hours each way to get back to play for the USMNT. And flying is NOT good for recovering. And, as others have said, the value of the players (at least CP) is very high. I don't see his missing our games as a slight on Gregg. It wasn't a game for us of any real significance in reality; e.g. WC qualifying for instance.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  18. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't there any airplanes with hyperbaric or even better new tech in them?

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    You know you're reaching soccer First World status when half of your players get 'injured' before qualifiers.

Three and Three and TOAzer repped this.
  20. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Japan and Korea had the same, but they have moved away from it for the most part (more in Japan than Korea).

22. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surprised not to see this already posted:

23. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you consider both club and country he is way ahead of everyone else. If only country then I'd say Morris was better this calendar year. It doesn't say male national team player of the year though so he is deserving.

Burr and DHC1 repped this.
  24. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    If you take away the Cuba games, Morris has 2 goals and 4 assists for the entire year. If you do the same for Pulisic you have 4 goals and 3 assists. If you take out non-Hex CONCACAF teams, Morris has 1 goal and 1 assist. If you do the same for Pulisic, he has 4 goals and no assists.

Much of Morris is the Cuba games and recency bias.

Namdynamo, Burr and truefan420 repped this.
  25. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. He’s been in fine form and looked good in other games. As of now he’s def deserving of starting on that RW. However, we need to remember we don’t play Cuba every game.

Patrick167 repped this.