Christian Pulisic Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ussoccer97531, Oct 21, 2015.

1. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Was that Dest he slipped the ball right past?

2. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    The problem with his prospects for starting is that Lampard sees Puli and Batman as a pair. Imo, Lamps will barely play Puli w/o Batman. It's going to take Batman surpassing Tammy for Puli to get regular starts. But, hey, for a 21 y.o. guy, if his season ends up being coming on as a supersub pairing w/ Batman, then that's a good season for him.

I've said many times, including before this season started, that Puli is as good as anyone in the world at what he did today. If he's wide and deep, it is impossible to stop him playing a ball across the 6. He's got a James Worthy first step. When/if his teammates realize that, they're going to start lining up to make runs at the 6 when he has the ball wide. And, when/if they do that, it will be a shooting gallery for Chelsea.

TOAzer, Burr and 50/50 Ball repped this.
  3. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Yes. And, I'll save my Dest remarks for the Dest thread.

4. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I think this is just something BS sees. The idea that both have to elevate themselves to starter for either to start is ludicrous.

goussoccer repped this.
  5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    There is no evidence that’s true.

Grumpy in LA, superdave and striker repped this.
  6. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    My sense is that Christian needs to be better than the other wing midfielders to get a start.

7. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Odd. I've never seen that posted on BS. But, anyway, tell Lamps. I'll save your post for future reference.

8. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I guess a better way to have said it was something that sounds like someone on BS would see. I've never seen it until you. But I've seen many people talk about Bats/ CP having chemistry.

Pretty sure I don't need to tell Lamps - he's not going to keep someone down because a guy he has chemistry with can't beat out his competition for a starting place. He'll want CP to be able to work well with Abraham too, so if he thinks CP deserves a start he'll start him, regardless of Bats' standing. And vice versa. Lamps wants to develop a team.

9. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.sbnation.com/2019/10/24/20930225/christian-pulisic-chelsea-career-frank-lampard

Lampard Qouted below:

You have to give Christian huge credit because he looked so lively when he came on and the assist is just as important as the finish. The fact that a substitute scored makes me so happy because it’s not easy when you’re picking a similar team every week.

I’ve tried to shut my ears to a lot of the outside talk because there’s a lot said. I understand his quality, his young age and the fact it’s a big move for him. He wants to know what I want from him, what the Premier League is like and that’s not always an easy ride but we’ve stayed calm and kept looking at the big picture.

10. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rewarded with a start today. Let's see what he does with it.

11. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He scored his first Premier League goal! Pouncing on a defender losing control of the ball. Nice finish off a stepover. :thumbsup:

1188136468616749056 is not a valid tweet id

Pegasus, Namdynamo and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  12. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He scored again! Though it was deflected so I don't know how it'll be recorded in the end.

Namdynamo repped this.
  13. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminder this is the dude GGG subbed off when needing a goal.

sXeWesley, appwrangler, russ and 8 others repped this.
  14. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAT TRICK!!!!

15. GoBigBlue88

GoBigBlue88 Member+

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Pulisic is really good!

Berhalter is really, really, really effing bad!

ipass, Deep Wilcox, sXeWesley and 6 others repped this.
  16. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The man from Pennsylvania!

ipass, 50/50 Ball and Scotty repped this.
  18. iad_22201

iad_22201 Member+

Jan 2, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course he was battling flu like symptoms and had looked like shit in the previous 60 minutes, but let's ignore that so we can push a narrative...

I have plenty of issues with Berhalter, but pulling Christian against Canada isn't one of them.

19. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It should be.

We gave up 2 goals and played significantly worse when he came off, mainly because Berhalter's plans to improve the team by taking CP off were stupid. It doesn't mean CP had a great 60 minutes, but it does provide another piece of evidence that Berhalter's a bad coach.

ipass, sXeWesley, appwrangler and 7 others repped this.
  20. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nope. Ticks me off all the time. Every cycle it's the same. Someone makes up some fake, simplistic oneliner. With Klinsmann it was "anyone can play left back." Never mind that the full quote was "it's Antigua and Barbuda, anyone can play left back" which was absolutely right.

sXeWesley repped this.
  21. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    #4521 DHC1, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019

Hmmm. I went through your recent posts and not a word about any criticisms of Gregg but unsurprisingly there were a couple at Klinsmann even though he was three coaches back. Let’s hear your issues with our current coach.

I’ll also ask again: are you Brian Strauss or affiliated with him? You compliment him frequently and live in the same zip code: 22201

Namdynamo repped this.
  22. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    can you please clarify what’s the fake simplistic one-liner to which you’re referring? Thanks.

23. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'd be ticked too. JK came up with so many simplistic oneliners on his own that there was absolutely no need to go with fake ones.

sXeWesley and russ repped this.
  24. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the game he's been waiting for in the EPL. Any chance General Egg can rethink his "System" so that version of CP is possible for us?

25. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    glad hes gotten over that nasty flu...

sXeWesley, TOAzer and orcrist repped this.