Christian Pulisic Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ussoccer97531, Oct 21, 2015.

1. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Pulsic is already the most talented american player we have ever had.

The kid pretty much lit up every team when he wasnt hidden out wide without service and protection from his teammates.

He is young and will likely improve quite a bit. People who expect more than what he has done are pretty unrealistic.

2. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    By "different people" mean Klinsmann vs. Sarachan? I don't see the problem. I thought the Klinsi examples were way harsher examples of players being singled out, and I also think he was well within his rights to take those actions as the coach.

I'm not sure what to make of your rambling second paragraph. Friendlies and making money are part of the whole NT process. You could say there was no reason for Neymar to show up to a useless friendly against the U.S. just to get hacked by Yedlin, and yet he did.

3. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    You dont seem to have any problem with Sarachan's comments and your tone is completely different about Klinsmanns comments. JK's were harsher but also the situation warranted it. I apologize if I misunderstood your view on JKs actions.

Brazil has a coach. Our national team does not and has been a circus. Our Fed has zero respect for our players. They dont have the best interest of the players and will exploit them without a second thought, They will try to do it to CP just like they did it to LD, Adu (more MLS, but not sure where they end and US Soccer ends), and those before them. The way the Fed talked about the players when they went on strike in 95 is a disgrace.

4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The entire country includes gays. Many of the girls in the NT are lesbians, so they showed support for gays with the ribbons.

Grumpy in LA repped this.
  5. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #3531 y-lee-coyote, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    I understand all that, the entire country includes everybody. It is a sporting event not a political event. I really do not think USSF ought to be taking positions on much of anything not soccer related.

Irony-- those who preach acceptance and tolerance are the least tolerant of any dissenting views.

adi21, Borrachin and TOAzer repped this.
  6. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure I understand what's "political" about showing support for marginalized people.
    Do you have the same attitude about FIFA's anti-racism campaigns?

7. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These international breaks aren't just about the "meaningless" friendlies. They're about team building, they're about tactics, they're about relationships and man-management.

If the US is about to experience a golden generation, then Pulisic is going to be at the heart of it, he's going to be expected to be a leader and possibly his country's captain.

You can't just parachute someone into competitive matches and expect everything to go to plan.

adi21 and napper repped this.
  8. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston, MA USA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulisic should consider attending the two friendlies if he can. That would promote the kind of relationships you're referring to.

9. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Hmmm sounds like a pretty good reason to hire a real coach. I mean if you are going to "build" a team, don't you need to have something other than an interim puppet, uh I mean "coach?"

10. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Only with a permanent and capable coach in placed. Sarachan is neither.

11. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Sarachan has been good with his rosters minus a somewhat questionable pick here and there. These games are still a valuable opportunity for future regulars to being the gelling process even though a different coach is incoming.

napper and bsky22 repped this.
  12. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    You want a young player with a muscle injury to make a couple of cross atlantic flights? I'd like him to do whatever it is he can do to get healthy. He can join the team in November.... hopefully with a real coach and the team is trying to build toward something.

delandis and IndividualEleven repped this.
  13. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    rosters yes, lineups no!

14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well sagregation was like this, I am sure people that felt a similar about serving with black people in the 60s also felt that the military should not be political.

15. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The military isn't political? Obviously you never served and are talking out of your ass about things you know nothing of. While many try to draw comparisons between this issue and segregation, these two are not the same, no matter how many times you say it. The rainbow folks have never been chattel slaves in this country's history.

And surely you are not arguing the USWNT is somehow segregated, unless it is the lesbians refusing entry to a heterosexual little girl because she refuses to endorse their lifestyle. They very tolerance they preach, they refuse to exercise.

Since you have a weak command of the English language, you should look up the words endorsement and acceptance. The two are not the same.

Anywho I am way off topic to CP, and I won't post anymore about it. I let my disgust with the USSF for a plethora of reasons, over ride my respect for the rules about OT posting.

adi21 repped this.
  16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3542 ceezmad, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Veteran of the USAF

https://dod.defense.gov/News/Special-Reports/0616_pride-archive/

http://kdhnews.com/military/fort-ho...cle_325e4cbc-7b24-11e8-8e72-1745007e1d62.html

orcrist and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  17. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For example:

Hail Grimes!

superdave and puttputtfc repped this.
  18. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    USN here. I apologize for the poor attempt at a cheap shot. I agreed earlier the military is a political organization sure enough, and they should protect and represent all Americans. No problems with that.

Are you saying all soldiers had to wear a rainbow ribbon or face disciplinary action and be kicked out, otherwise your analogy is not the same.

Do you think CP should come into camp before we get a coach, or at least make Dave permanent?

19. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've served. Am I talking out of my ass?

No, you're right. Gay people have not been enslaved like black people were in this country.
    They have merely been beaten and belittled. Jailed and shunned. Trifles really.

Is there some threshold when oppressed people get to consider themselves truly oppressed? Or can we try to rectify "lesser" wrongs as well?

jackiesdad repped this.
  20. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You seem to be trying to slide CP into your side of this stupid argument, and it's slimy as hell. Stop it.

jackiesdad repped this.
  21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a CP thread, so our (Coyote and me) argument here is a derail.

USSF is a private non for profit organization (like Hobby Lobby).

The USWNT has many lesbian women that are strong advocates for gay rights (and other human rights), but the USWNT also has a contingent of devout religious girls some of them may believe that being gay is sinful (I obviously disagree with that view).

Edit: I wrote other stuff, but I do not want to derail this thread anymore, so if we want to continue we should take this to

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/roberts-court-to-take-on-gay-marriage-issue.1979411/

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  22. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Ceezmad answered for me, but I did want to be clear I wasn't being slimy or attaching any position on the matter to our boy at all.

I was just agreeing to disagree, and moving on from the derail and apologizing for being disagreeable while disagreeing.

I just really want to see USSF hire a coach before CP starts taking transatlantic flights over what I consider to be nothing games.

23. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough.

24. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-s...s-revenge-for-united-states-world-cup-failure

When asked if he believes he is a role model for young U.S. players pursuing a professional career in Germany, Pulisic said: "That's kind of the goal -- that I can be an inspiration to other players. That's incredible. I am blessed to playing here in Germany at a young age and I hope that other players can watch what I have done and want to do the same. I would definitely want to be an inspiration."

"I am in contact with a lot of [the U.S. youngsters in Germany] actually," he said. "They know that I am always here whenever they need some advice or just anything because I've gone through it. I talk to a lot of them."