Christian Pulisic Thread

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by ussoccer97531, Oct 21, 2015.

1. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    If you knew what I actually do as a person, you would be floored in gratitude.

2. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    pre- Bias or not, it does not exclude that I am right.

3. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's nothing to suggest that you may be right in your assertion... either way the ample evidence of "pre-bias" certainly points in one direction! Mostly because your suggestion is backed by nothing.

4. manfromgallifrey91

Swansea City
    United States
    Jul 24, 2015
    Wyoming, USA
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there was a permanent coach, he probably should have been called in. But he doesn't have anything to learn from Dave. Dave at this point was just trying to do basic tactics and let these players kind of enjoy being around each other. Its good for young guys trying to claw their way in, but I think by most standards Pulisic is going to be an auto member of the 23 for as long as he is healthy.

Could there be more to it? Could it be he had a flare up with Dave after his last performance maybe. But its far more likely they just don't need to put more tread on his tires in meaningless games where tactics are being largely ignored.

5. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there any credible source that he's not actually injured? Isn't that the bigger issue?

I don't think it makes sense to involve him in these friendlies even if he's 100% healthy... but that doesn't seem at all to be the case.

6. manfromgallifrey91

Swansea City
    United States
    Jul 24, 2015
    Wyoming, USA
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For sure injured this window, don't think he will play Friday either according to the last report I read. The only hint of anything that can be found about him, is some leaks within US Soccer growing more frustrated with him not being around. Then you have what Dave said after the Bolivia game, where he said they needed more and needed a desire every time the shirt was on, no matter a long season or not. And then off the record, Dave talked to Strauss about how his attitude was poor during that camp. But it didn't go into details. Just said he tended to be closer to guys like Cameron than Bradley, not sure what that means really but it was there.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  7. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Gladly....let me know when you're in town

EruditeHobo repped this.
  8. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    last post on this because its pointless arguing in circles with Bob Bradley.

I don't need to post redudant evidence when be both watched the US not make the world cup with Bradley as the "leader" and him walking in the last minutes. will posting redundant videos of him walking that night make it better? will re-posting the Conrad article make it better?

whats the point, when it was factual reality.

9. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can accept cash value via paypal or venmo, if that's easier.

Thanks for supporting my point. Either way this whole thing was worth it, for this post below...

10. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    correction, this will be my last post. Don't know how your interpreting that comment. what I mean by "floored" you would be in awe/disbelief.

11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Where's the fun in that?

EruditeHobo repped this.
  12. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    If USSF is angry at Pulisic for missing these matches, then they need to hire a manager so there's actual consequences.

13. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fun is I get to take your money.

That would make me feel worse about this situation, actually. Why would that be a good thing? A teenager dictating coaching demands basically? Letting it be publicly known those for which he would & would not deign to play? That would be a pretty d-bag move.

Fortunately I doubt it's anything like that. He's injured, he's focusing on his club, these are just friendlies with meaningful matches still a very very long way off... horsies, not zebras.

14. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlas, is that you?! The world would definitely be on the floor without you, and I for one am so very grateful for your service..............

onefineesq and russ repped this.
  15. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Consequences for not playing while injured? Please elaborate how, in your world you would 'punish' Pulisic.

16. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    USSF should explain, if they're angry at him.

I have no issues.

TOAzer repped this.
  17. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    That is just it, they don't "explain" they just do little catty stuff to make their point. They don't care about the team, the crest,or the fans, they only care about lining the pockets of SUMls. They damned sure don't care about CP.

Fthem and the USSF. They are pretty much dead to me anyway until they change their scandalous ways.

Namdynamo, RalleeMonkey and Patrick167 repped this.
  18. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    If I am Pulisic, I would say a BIG F*** OFF to the US program and its media whores.

He's injured, missed his club game 2 weeks ago, and most likely to miss his club game today.

And the USMNT is pissed he didn't should up for their worthless friendlies? They don't give a rat sh**t about his health or his career.

I wouldn't mind if he takes a hiatus from the USMNT until they get a real coach in place and rejoin when they have games that actually mean something.

In the meantime, I am will gladly watch him play for BvB.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/borussia...c-recovering-but-likely-out-vs-frankfurt-boss

19. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt the USSF is actually mad at him. This is just some shit journalist writing a hot take article to get clicks on his page.

rgli13 repped this.
  20. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take matters into his own hands like Demble did when he wanted a move to Barca? Or explain to me how this would different and OK.

21. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I will get right on that as soon as you tell us about the contract he signed with USMNT.

I have no problem if he never suits up for the USMNT again. If they refuse to do what their charter says and continue to be an extension of MLS owners financial interests.

My love affair with soccer began with the USWNT and I was done with them as soon as they ostracized, publicly bullied and beat up on a little girl for standing up for her beliefs and refusing to play for the USLBGQT and wear the rainbow kit. ******** them 4 ever. I want to watch sports not debate morality or politics. I don't give a ******** how you roll, or who you sleep with, as long as it isn't a teammates significant other. It isn't like she was preaching hate, she was standing up for HER beliefs and refusing to represent something she believes is wrong, and shouldn't have been on the ********ing kit in the first ********ing place. It isn't the GAY womens national team, it is the national team for the entire country, most of which are not gay and don't give a flying ******** about others sexuality.

The Cameron smear is the same deal. IDGAF we never ever heard even a whisper of Geoff being anything other than a good lad and coach after coach found him virtually undroppable.

Now it is Pulisic who is hurt and all of sudden he is some kind of primadonna.

They are all a bunch of ********ing bullies and their only real interest is promoting MLS instead of their publicly stated message of promoting soccer at ALL levels. The USSSUMLS are a bunch of bullies and corrupt sumbeetches, who won't be getting any of my money and are very close to not getting my viewership, if they keep involving politics in my sporting experience.

adi21, Namdynamo, SteelyTom and 3 others repped this.
  22. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes I am a bit pissed off about all this.

23. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About what really?

24. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is basically what I expected to hear.

25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada