Christian Pulisic is bigger than US Soccer and I agree

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Sam Hamwich, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    If you take the current US roster of midfielders and forwards, put them in a juicer you get less talent and potential than in CP.

I'd rather pay the flight to Duesseldorf, rent a car, drive the hour up to Dortmund stadium and watch CP play for 65min against Bremen than I would be driven cross town to watch Tyler Adams and the MLS all star no-touch, no-pass, no-football, all hype, Bud Light squad play for free. I think they managed to not connect two forward passes in 800 minutes of collective football.

The Weston experiment in Schalke04 has the coach realizing he's more Yedlin than Seedorf, and likely will find the bench before too long. Weah might be the most overhyped global footballing wishsong of the last decade.

Brooks, Miazga and Yedlin are a solid back three that I am sure Sarachan will ruin by playing Tim Ream as left back.

Anyway, for anyone to comment on the US midfield being the 'strength' of this team has to be the guy on the other end buying at the top of the market or being paid by MLS to shill Bud Light soccer.

US Soocer is such a catastrophic international failure that it cannot produce a single decent champions league caliber player. Not one.

comoesa and JJV1994 repped this.
  2. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like you had a great Labor Day.

yurch10 and Muad'Dib repped this.
  3. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like someone's gotten their feels damaged recently.

4. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Eh, he's no Lozano. :whistling:

6. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A soccer playing Ball brother?

7. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Hes bigger than Dave Sarachan and Richie Williams, that's for sure.

chad repped this.
  8. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Does USsoccer not feel embarrassed that players don't want to play for this network. Nope they don't. New USMNT coach for 2019, Bob Bradley.

9. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Cavan9

Cavan9 Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy hot-take, Batman!

11. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jul 8, 2017
    [​IMG]

laxcoach and Cavan9 repped this.
  12. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    The US youngsters will defend very well against Brazil. They will put a lot of defensive pressure on the ball. They will defend with speed. They will be hard to break down on defense. Football? no, but they will play great team defense.

And that I guess is a start. After 30 years, we are starting almost literally right from the very beginning again.

13. Cavan9

Cavan9 Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the heck are you talking about? The next generation of national team players have all been fully professional since age 20 or earlier. The 1990 team was mostly semi-pro if that. This next generation of talent was brought up in a highly competitive soccer environment unlike anything that we've ever seen in our country. These young pros were trained by former pros since elementary school. They've been playing against suitable competition since that time too. Back in 1990, our players were mostly coached by dads and college coaches who had never played the game. College soccer was as tactically advanced as a U8 game. The few pros we had were only able to get on rosters on foreign pro teams due to ethnic connections in foreign countries.

Our national team was mismanaged by a huckster who had one cycle too many. A highly successful pro coach almost turned it around but came up short. That doesn't mean that our country is starting over.

14. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool. Another poster exonerating blame from Arena or Sunil, the architect of the USMNT failure.

15. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Someone call 911 for a personal welfare check

16. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're getting a little carried away there...but the important thing is that this mini-backlash is absolute horseshit. Take the players out of it- would you take pulisic or every single us soccer employee?
    Hell, I could ask that question with Jonathan Amon and probably get the same reply...

17. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Ehem, howzit looking out there? I must have been off my rocker to hit so side of mark, perhaps just shy of an arriola cross.

18. Caulfield

Caulfield Member

May 31, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hardly. Soccer in this country is a bureaucratic nightmare run by pompous know it alls. Sunil and Arena have nothing to do with our current pathetic product. Soccer in this country is the definition of “deep state” and is doomed. When a talented player has to pay thousands of dollars per year just to get a good game, you’ve got major problems.

Master O repped this.
  19. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    This catastrophe goes far beyond these two. I will say that Sunil takes the blame for building an economic model for us soccer rather than a footballing model and Arenas endless arrogance infused coaches at every level. His lasting legacy will be winning with Euro players , arrogance and ignorance.

The structure of any organization starts way at the top and at the bottom. You have rampant cronyism, incompetence, arrogance, racism, profiteering and little soccer basis and understanding at every single level.

You look on the field and you see players that dont know the basics much less creative endeavor. The results show a tremendous disorganization, lack of knowledge and I feel pretty bad for kids who try so hard but have no idea how bad they are in the global scope of modern football.

laxcoach repped this.
  20. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never suggested those 2 were 'it'. I said blaming Klinsmann is at best a partial picture. The US pool isn't deep, but it's better than the one we're retiring so I think we've just about hit rock bottom.

It's important to understand how we got here though. So mistakes aren't repeated and hanging it on one coach is crazy.