Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry to say this, but I'm watching the Bayern-Real match, and Bayern need a ready made attacking left sided midfielder to replace the 80 year old Franck. I have a feeling they have Pulisic in the Amazon shopping cart and are just waiting to hit the complete transaction button until the summer.

adi21 and TheFalseNine repped this.
  2. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    80 year old Franck looks pretty good

3. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coman is already there, waiting to take over.

Dr.Phil and striker repped this.
  4. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He does, but you have to know that they are planning for life after Franck and Arjen. I don't see their heir apparent in the squad right now. @EruditeHobo is correct about Coman, but they need two.

5. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Coman is damn good. Is he hurt?

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yep, ankle injury.

7. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Frank is still quite good, when healthy and in form. He was a monster in the last game.

8. CNYFC

CNYFC Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Interesting tidbit from Sarachan today saying he's given Pulisic time away from the Nats partly due to the speculation of him searching for a new club team.

“He was pretty gutted after that game,” Sarachan said of the loss in Trinidad. “There’s a lot of demands of a guy like Christian. He’s being pulled in a lot of different directions. There’s still some speculation – this didn’t come from him directly – but I know that there’s some speculation that maybe he’ll move from Dortmund. So I know there’s a lot going on. And I’m trying to be helpful in the process to allow him a little wiggle room in terms of the national team now.”

Dervos repped this.
  9. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a dumb thing to say. Why put him on blast like that?

10. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's just talking about speculation, he even clarified that it didn't come from CP.

Coach been reading the rags.

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    The world has gone down hill since planes got Wifi.

russ, Cris 09, Bruce S and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    After raiding all the best players in the BL, everyone starting to realize the level in the BL now threatens BM sharpness in the CL.

They poached gutzee, Hummels, lewy, and who else ? I'm sure they want Weigl, he's the next Tony Kroos. They famously poached Ballack from Leverkusen and had Daum sacked. That Leverkusen team was stacked.not directly CP related. But I don't see him ever going to Munich except for a new pair of Lederhose.

ttrevett repped this.
  13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ribery extended for another year and there's Coman who's been pretty damn good. Also, it ain't up to Bayern...you know that right?

Dr.Phil repped this.
  14. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With his grand total zero assists and average 0.5 key passes per match? Hmmm. I don't think so.

15. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, but there's a price tag for everything. FC Hollywood seems to have that kind of wallet. They are going to get what they want eventually.

Pundits suggested last night that Bale would be on his way to Bavaria over the summer, which probably makes more sense from Bayern's perspective than a relatively unproven commodity like Pulisic (relative to Bale's standard).

16. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even unhurt, he's one guy. Robben is fragile, Ribery is getting long in the tooth. They need two replacements, in the next 2 years.

17. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    They also have Gnabry who they loaned out and who wants to be in the Bayern team next season. He has been pretty productive for inferior teams.

Dr.Phil repped this.
  18. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Coaching and personnel turnover have made this the best year to poach players at a discount. Theoretically anyway. He is great player with a terrible organization. For this year anyway.

19. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I agree, and I'd love him at Liverpool in the backup/rotation 6 role! Just saying, he's no Kroos -- he's more like a Jordan Henderson, at least in terms of passing. He still has time to grow, of course.

20. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayer loses to Real Madrid in Champions League and all of a sudden my Dortmund shares jump for the first time since I bought them. I'm starting to question whether the market is rationale.

21. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    this has been said before, but I'd rather not go through 69 pages, what kinda wages are Pulisic on?

Is he the highest paid Yank ever? (I recall Dempsey got some high wages at Spurs and Howard/Friedel at their respective clubs)

and of course there's Bradley and Altidore's high wages at Toronto.

22. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey made more at Seattle than at Spurs.

A 2017 Forbes article has CP on a pittance of 23k a week... USD!

Ouch. Time to re-negotiate, kid.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Not a expert of this but usually young players make these kind of low amounts until they negotiate following a breakthrough season like he had last year. He’ll probably make significantly more once he signs a new contract.

24. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
  25. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States