Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's very relevant to his future, and the narrative of his career/him as a player.

EricSunRa repped this.
  2. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

To be fair, every single player on this current BvB roster is replaceable. And there are always better players out there. Unless it's Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar.

EricSunRa repped this.
  3. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    well two of them have actually accomplished something nd played at a high level over a number of years. One of them is an insufferable little prick that denied a teammate a peno in a blowout that would have made him the all time top scorer for PSG. Puts him in the same category as a worthless human being who woulf fuc his team mates wife.

You guys are right that any player is replaceable, but BVB look to be having lots of problems replacing Hummels, Gundogan and Miki, so it might not be as easy as all that.

I think it would be foolish to sell any of Puli, Sancho, Gomez, or Maxi, and to not buy Bats for 50 mil, not because they are indispensable, but because they have bigger issues and that is a front line that you could win with. They need a boss in the midfield 16/17 version of Weigl would do nicely, a keeper two starting fullbacks and a CB along the lines of Tah. I do not think they can afford to gut their attack at this time.

4. Confirmation bias;)

5. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Selection bias or because if he is hyped he gets one or two points more from kicker.

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Told you: the Austrian Sam Allardyce can turn any exciting team into a chore to watch. He's a coach you hire when you're a bottom feeder fearing relegation, not a top club trying to win the league.

Thing is, Pete still has not implemented his style fully. He's still in the middle of a transition, and the poor defensive numbers show it. Were he to stay (he won't), by late in the year BvB would have mastered the countering style, and in that I feel our guy can shine.

Right now, with a style in transition, he looks lackluster, and the new coach coming in may be predisposed to bench him.

7. jmplautz

jmplautz Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Madison
    Agree with this. When a team hits a rough patch and things aren't going well, how you react is very important to the people in charge. It helps them, determine if you are a leader and a player to build around. Or, if they should just sell you and bring in the next player.

Granted, he's still just 19. And some leeway should be given, particularly in the maturity department. But, a 19 year old prospect becomes a 24 year old unfulfilled potential quickly.

8. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    which begs the question: why did they hire him? The admins at this club have been put in a difficult place for the last 12 months and unfortunately failed virtually every test.

My feeling is they said: how bad can he be? We can already attack. He will make us stronger on defense.

Outcome? He killed the attack to defend his style of not attacking.

9. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who has the power and responsibility to fire the sporting director?

10. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Presumably, the board of directors.

11. The ones having the voting rights of the 50+1 crew.

12. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Christian Pulisic or Cengiz Under.

Who is better?

13. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just found this. Only posting this in 1 thread because I don't want to give too many people nightmares.

14. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I can't report you for making me cringe... but good grief, man; that needs a stronger warning!

15. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I read this and thought, "It can't be that bad."

:confused: It's so much worse. It's even worse than my grad school's recruitment video:

16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Those people still play Donna Summer in the halftime break. What else can you expect.

17. If they've Donna Summer performing at the breaks it's about time I get a season ticket:)

18. :ROFLMAO:
    They made everybody twitter and post about it. So from a marketing POV drawing attention it's brilliant. You know the marketing saying: "Doesnot matter how they're talking about you as long as they bloody do talk about you."

19. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    Those kooky Germans and their unparalleled humor

20. adi21

adi21 Member

The ones that have Americans starting
    United States
    Mar 17, 2001
    Maryland
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Kicker he starts , game on FS1

Winoman repped this.
  21. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Yup with Phillip and Sancho up front.

Winoman repped this.
  22. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
  23. CA23

CA23 Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Pulisic in great form early, creating with the dribble and just now got an assist.

Winoman and PalmettoSpur repped this.
  24. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That ball in to Sancho was great

Winoman and PalmettoSpur repped this.
  25. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he almost scored just now.

Gacm32 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.