Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. So it was a mobster;)

2. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every attacking winger has those moments but an overall generalization that he's poor at it is wrong. If he was 25 and lazy we'd have some reason to bitch and label. The kid is still learning a bunch.

I admit he puts more effort into attacking than defending at this stage in his career. He doesn't look to tackle much, just mirror the ball and make his guy get rid of it, which isn't awful. It's just not impressive.

3. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    RM or nothing. Let him go to the PL when he is an established superstar.

4. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I thought RM only buy established foreign superstars?

5. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    They buy future Galacticos as well. Regardless, though, I’d like him to avoid England at his vulnerable age. Flopping at this point could derail his career

Lookingforleftbacks and Winoman repped this.
  6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    CP stopped training after 15 minutes this morning after suffering a knock on his ankle during yesterday’s match. Stöger told the media that he did not want to take any risks and should be available to face Atalanta on Thursday.

bungadiri, neems and Winoman repped this.
  7. TMBMiles

TMBMiles Member

Dortmund
    United States
    Mar 31, 2017
    Maybe they aren't playing to his strengths this year, but he's been pretty poor when given the opportunity.

laxcoach repped this.
  8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea and he was unbelievable great last years playing for Gladbach. He even shone in the CL against ManC or Barca. He will always be remembered in Gladbach for his skilled assist before Hazard's goal against Barcelona.

That's exactly what you were talking about, BVB has the player they need in Mo Dahoud but somehow they don't get him running.

9. Higher Learning

Jul 1, 2009
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

-Talks about his recent form
    -No time to break
    -Left practice early has a precaution. Picked up a knock on his ankle durign the game
    -Pitch gave him flashbacks to CONCACAF qualifying
    -Game was a grind

11. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    I have watched all the BVB games except Pokal. This just isn't the reality right now. Dahoud looks bad and contributes little in the few minutes he gets. I am not speaking to his underlying talent, maybe he can be recovered, but he isn't going to help CP contribute right now. And this inter-match interval is maybe the worst time to bring him up in the CP thread given his ridiculous refusal to pass to CP on the break last game.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  12. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know others have said it, but I'll echo the opinion the missing the WC might be a good break for Pulisic this summer. Sounds like he's just been given too much this season.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  13. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Totally!! Him and Bale can strike up a friendship on the bench waiting for Ronaldo to bless their presence on the field. Maybe CP can replace James’ role...

14. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I dunno man he looked good last year but he has been below average this season. I mean CP hasn't exactly been pulling up trees, but Castro isn't getting the call over Dahoud with two different coaches for nothing. He may come good, but he has been poor this year.

Next week they have the away leg with Atalanta and no Weigl, so we will see who Stoger decides to play.

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    James Role is at Bayen...has been since last July and is actually a two year loan (rather than the typical season long loan). I'm sure James' role has already been given to someone else.

16. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    That was the idea behind the post... that if he went to RM he would likely end up like other very talented players that ride pine more than not. He would take James’ role on the bench since he is no longer there to warm it...
    I forgot to add the sarcasm emoji

Cris 09 repped this.
  17. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    This is punishable by having to explain yourself ad nauseam.

18. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    #15493 Eighteen Alpha, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    Poor James. Has to suffer the humiliation of being loaned from the second best team in the world to the third best. Meanwhile leading a national team that will challenge for the WC final. I’d be ecstatic to see CP in that role.
    On the other hand, UK tabloid writers are already prepping “just another overrated Yank” headlines and bad pun nicknames on the off chance he transfers there.

19. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope he doesn't go to Chelsea, Real or either Manchester clubs. As much as I don't like them I wouldn't mind seeing him at Munich or Arsenal. Would he fit in at Spurs?

20. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    His best option is to stay at BVB. Hope they get a good coach next year.

21. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    I would rather see our top player playing on a less prestigious team week in and week out than sitting on the bench for the 2nd or 3rd best team.
    Then again, it really is t about what a bunch of US soccer dorks talk about wanting on an obscure forum....

Cris 09 repped this.
  22. :confused:What?:cautious:Come again..?

23. Which is..?

24. Lazio CD Stefan de Vrij is available on a free transfer, as Lazio didnot want to extend the contract with a fixed transfer price in it. So if I were in charge at BVB I would jump on the occasion.

25. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    I don’t know! Maybe the winky face?[emoji12]