Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    forgot about reece oxford and he looks absolutely terrible

2. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a strike from Reus

Dr.Phil repped this.
  3. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Jan 21st. Only a matter of time before Stoger got to him.

4. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. kumuyc

kumuyc Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Sheesh, what event caused that mess? Demolition derby? Running of the bulls?

6. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CP looked pretty good when he came on around the 75th. Dortmund were barely hanging on for most of the second half and the field was equal or less than the quality you may see in some Central American countries.

Batshuayi cooled off a little, but still looked active and capable. The DM players and back four are in dire need for some recovery work. Worse so, the three AM positions just need to get in better shape.

I can’t see many midfield players in this squad playing in any of the hot teams right now.

7. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    965273785585881088 is not a valid tweet id

eliwood and kumuyc repped this.
  8. Insecticide

Insecticide Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the TV announcers here in France, it was caused by a fungus.

beerslinger23 and WrmBrnr repped this.
  9. Are they going to survive the EL confrontation with Atalanta?

10. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure would think so, unless someone is trying to tank their stock again.

11. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m taking the “clearing house” statements seriously more each game that goes by. It wouldn’t surprise me if Pulisic is sold off to finance a big overhaul. He’s been important but not so much that he’s indispensable. This team is clearly washed out when it comes to running and transition. The only thing I can conceive of as to why they haven’t fixed the transition game is that the players can’t play at that high of a demand. Pulisic hasn’t been great in transition really either but at 19 he should be able to snap out of it and is generally good in attacking transitions.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And the paranoia is starting to kick-in here...

[​IMG]

13. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Dullmund allowed 28 shots, 11 on goal and held 47% possession. And they bored the hell out of everyone. But they won! 1-0...it was crap football.

14. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only if he wants to leave. Can't sell a player without his permission.

And everything I've heard is BVB is trying to sign him to a new contract.

15. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Meh, it wasn't as bad as all that.

There were parts when it looked like the "band" may be getting back together just in time for the WC. First time in forever Reus and Gotze started together, and they looked "just off," but showed signs of being something special once again. Schurrle may be playing himself back into form.

Bats looked to be off the pace after his fiery Dortmund start. Probably a wee bit tired with ~270 mins in 8 days.

Castro, though SMH. A bit player at best at this level.

16. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, bottom line, this team has had no place in the Champions League this year obviously. If they were to play former coach Juergen Klopp’s team they would be demolished in transitional play. This is the second place team in Germany and they look really bad.

17. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I doubt they sell him unless he refuses to extend and/or asks for a transfer. They have a CL contending attack if they can keep Bats or get a like replacement and keep Reus healthy.

The defense is a shambles with such an inconsistent keeper and a makeshift backline.I also think Castro messes Weigl up, as Weigl plays poor when with Castro, and Castro plays poor with everybody.

They need to buy Taj or Tah(sp?) and Akanji may grow into the role. They need a true top flight keeper, a two footed back up fullback and two CM's.

Get rid of Weidenfeller, Rode, Castro, Sahin, Schmelzer, and maybe even sick note Guerreiro.

18. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have some of the best defenders in Europe. Everyone wants Weigl to be good, but he really is not. Castro comes up with a good game once in awhile.

The biggest problem they have is to actually get the attacking midfield to defend. That goes for Pulisic, Schurrle, Reus, Kagawa, Gotze, Isak, etc...

They simply either cannot run or choose not to run.

19. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He would be a good fit at Liverpool. Not to be a homer, but things are running nicely there and he could get a pay upgrade. The home fans are some of, if not, the best in England.

I’ve been there personally and it’s a phenomenal pitch and atmosphere.

I don’t know that he would play much because he is so poor in transition to defense. I don’t think he’d make it in a pressing team.

He could learn though... he’s young.

20. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Would not be happy if he goes to ManU or Chelsea.

A few bad run of games and you end up riding pine there. Liverpool might be a little more forgiving.

21. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    Pulisic is poor in transition defense???

Eighteen Alpha and justinpaul10 repped this.
  22. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The whole team has been this season. I have seen him play with the US and be poor too. I’m calling it as I see it.

23. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d rather he just avoided the pl altogether, tbh

Suyuntuy repped this.
  24. TMBMiles

TMBMiles Member

Dortmund
    United States
    Mar 31, 2017
    #15474 TMBMiles, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Pulisic and Dortmund in general have seemed pretty hamstrung by the lack of a high level distributor and someone to open up the field ever since Dembele left. One of CP's best attributes is how great he is at making dangerous runs with his speed and ability to find soft spots in the defense, and they just don't really have anyone with the vision and passing ability to take advantage of it right now. He needs a Stockton to his Malone.

Dortmund have lost so much talent to transfers over the last 18 months or so and they haven't done a good job of replacing it as the Schurrle, Philipp, Gotze, and Yarmolenko signings have all been pretty underwhelming.

They're still sitting on a pile of cash after the Dembele and Auba transfers though. Hopefully they make a run at a good young CM at some point.

25. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #15475 Dage, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    With Dahoud they have one of the best central midfield talents in the world. It will be very hard to find someone better. They need to utilize him, though but Stöger plays to destroyer with Castro and Weigl.

Dr.Phil repped this.