Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You missed the point, which is that he's worth for more to Dortmund than what someone else would pay for him.

2. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    I didn’t see McKennie just Pulisic?

Winoman repped this.
  3. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The winter window is much quieter than it used to be. If and when Pulisic does transfer it'll be in the summer of course.

wixson7 repped this.
  4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Pretty much. A team doesn't go from good to crap so quickly unless there is a social factor involved.

For whatever reason, I think they dislike Bosz. Christian is not one of them, he's been giving his all for the team and Bosz. The way his mates have shanked easy goals is suspicious though.

I'd hate Pulisic in an Allardyce team. He's too good to be playing the long-ball counter-attacking soccer style.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McKennie posted it to his account. So guessing he took the photo

HartwickFan repped this.
  6. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s a video on his Instagram story. His major focus is sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top while he narrates,“the best thing about Thanksgiving is [pans away from casserole and around to CP and Isak and what seem to be some familial wominz] ... family of course”

My wife won’t put marshmallows on ours. We do brown sugar and pecans. I think both would be best. But I don’t make it, so my opinion doesn’t matter.

7. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    I'm saying @Imorin used Big Sam's name as an example in pointing out that PB doesn't organize his defences well and you shouldn't get so worked up about it.

8. It's an exchange of opinions, not a "get so worked up about it" thing.
    In this thread 3 things have been put forward as why they do badly defensively:
    1. the playing defenders arenot good enough
    2. the defenders good enough are injured
    3. the coach sucks
    actually 4 points
    4. some players are sabotaging things

3 out of those 4 points you cannot solve without cutting into the strength of BVB, being an attacking team. It's questionable if Sam would be different in point 3.
    There are better examples to use than Sam.

9. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Sam can be a sucky coach for BVB and still be an example of a coach who can organize a defense. It's just an example. Nobody has proposed him as a coach, let alone a good coach for BVB.

Winoman repped this.
  10. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Midas Mulligan repped this.
  11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    HartwickFan and Winoman repped this.
  12. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    how do you know how much someone would pay? Are you soccer Nostradamus?

13. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What nonsense.

bsky22, hava, ebbro and 2 others repped this.
  14. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care what they're saying in Munich -- he's worth more to BVB to develop (and maybe cash in on in 2 years) than any amount Bayern have ever paid for anyone. This doesn't require a crystal ball... just common sense.

15. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Lothar Mattheus and Mehmet Scholl have both publicly suggested that Bayern buy CP. They will be crushed to learn that Mr Common Sense of the Interwebz disagrees.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern's record transfer fee is €41 mil.

Pulisic is under contract for three more seasons.

Doesn't take much to conclude that Bayern would have to blow away their transfer record to make this signing.

17. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And what have BVB had to say about Pulisic lately? Again, BVB don't need money and there's no reason to sell an appreciating asset like Pulisic in January especilly to Bayern who never crazily break the bank and are a league rival.

I remind you, this is common sense. Try using logic instead of transfer window rumors and BS.

18. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That doesn't mean much.

19. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    #13544 justinpaul10, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Check this out from the bundesliga website. Can’t seem to excerpt the video from Pulisic v Bayern in the page, but on that neat turn outside the box where Pulisic beasted on Coman to set up Kagawa, (it appears) that in measuring him on that play, he turned and covered 30 meters in 3.6 seconds WITH THE BALL. That is world class speed and acceleration at any level. Obviously some assumptions there as to when they started clocking him etc but still wow.

For comparison, Auba ran it in 3.7

(http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3275/bundesliga/2013/07/13/4114198/aubameyang-quicker-than-usain-bolt).

Also if you recall Auba said Pulisic beats him in 20 meter races.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/dortmund-schalke-revierderby-key-battles-pulisic-meyer-aubmeyang-464539.jsp

What a rare combination of traits he is, to have that level of drive, with that technical skill and that pure athleticism.

HartwickFan, Zinkoff, orcrist and 3 others repped this.
  20. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this whole transfer talk is a bit premature imo save it until after the season is over

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  21. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
  22. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

this is incredible

24. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bosz rolled out the 3-4-2-1 which I like, but then like the chump he put Pulisic at RWB instead of one of the SS spots under Auba where he should have been.

That's not why they lost but it's another example of his mismanagement. But you combine that with his mindless subbing on Zags and Castro, while Auba clearly doesn't want to play for him and possibly BVB either, on top of this weird need to stick to Yarmo who doesn't fit what should be the BVB style and it's just a mess.

Now kindly F off back to Holland.

25. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    There was no excuse to lose a game they were up 4-nil. Bosz may not be the answer but there exist too many egos in that club and no manager who isn't just a front for a player controlled tactical plan is going to make it work better than Tuchel did, at least not with this roster. They need to flush a few turds from the punch bowl and decide if they want to build around Auba going forward for the next few years or get rid of him and maybe build around Pulisic and Phillip. Reus is damaged goods.

Is this in the right thread?