Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Had Christian made that pass, Auba'd have shot it wide.

2. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    To be honest, it should've been two if he hadn't shanked one earlier. Yarmelenko has been outstanding this game.

3. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    Any details about his "injury"?

4. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only thing I saw was on Twitter which said it was a "muscular problem."

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  6. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    Boy, do Dortmund stink right now. It's hard to believe that it was 4-6 weeks ago that they looked like they might give Bayern a real challenge for the Bundesliga title.

I had firmly been of the opinion that Pulisic should stay at Dortmund and resist any offers from the EPL or Bayern, and I still think he should give it another transfer window or so to see if Dortmund can get things sorted out, but I'm getting less sure by the week.

Zinkoff and Suyuntuy repped this.
  7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I have a feeling their are "making the bed" (haciendo la camita) for Bosz.

Right now they had a great counter, 3 vs. 2, down 1-2 to the Spuds at home, and Castro tries a backheel flick and loses it. And they all look happy about it.

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well doesn't look like you can blame Burki for awhile as he's carted off

9. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

If I was Burki, I would go down with an injury too. This ship is sinking fast.

10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Llorente may have given them a hand, unwittingly.

11. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please, just quit. You are a horrible excuse for a coach.

12. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Losing a close match to a better team doesn't mean much of anything.

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this was their only loss sure

14. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Last 8 games, 5 losses, 3 draws. They had been playing like a bottom table team.

15. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think BvB necessarily considers it a given that Tottenham is better than them, especially at Westfalenstadion. They have lost twice there in the last week or so for the first time in 2 years.

For a BvB, losing at home is bad, very very bad.

Zinkoff repped this.
  16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I have a hunch they really dislike Bosz. Body language, slight wording in interviews, etc. But it's just a hunch.

I also have the hunch that CP is not part of any group trying to get the Dutchman out. Puli suffers when his hard work ends with Auba or Schürrle or Götze sending the ball the wrong way.

17. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is fine... but they are a worse team than Spurs right now. They don't have to agree, I wouldn't expect any passionate fan to agree to that. It's still true, as Spurs go on to take 6 points from them and will win their CL group.

18. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Lol if they don't beat Schalke at home this week I will be surprised if Bosz coaches another game.

Your original post suggested it wasn't a big deal and it really is a big deal from a BvB perspective. The fact that it is inarguable that Spurs are playing better than them right now by a large margin is also an indictment against Bosz and possibly Watzke too.

19. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    No doubts Spuds are the better team right now, but going into this season did anyone expected BVB to play so bad and lost all 6 points to the Spuds and only got 2 points against APOEL?

Most would expected BVB to finish second to RM in the group.

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most projections had spurs and dortmund fighting it out for a round of 16 place. Not Dortmund fighting apeol for survival

TarHeels17 and Winoman repped this.
  21. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

I am not surprised if Bosz doesn't last to coach the Schalke game.

22. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If some players are trying to get Bosz fired, that would be the 2nd coach in 2 years. Not a good look.

Winoman and Real Corona repped this.
  23. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I think that's a little bit disrespectful to Spurs who have one of the best, well-balanced first 11s in club football right now... but moreso than that I think these results are an indictment of BVB's ability to be healthy more than anything. And yeah, the slide is really bad on paper, but the reality is BVB -- 3 points out of 2nd and with a +13 GD -- aren't far off from where they should be in the BL. No one with sense really expected them to challenge Bayern.

But who ever said you could rely on reason and/or logic to save a coach's job? Certainly not me. And their CL results, admittedly in a tough group, aren't helping.

24. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    It's cliche, but all coaches are hired to be fired, especially (I'm learning) in high level Euro football. Like, if Jose Mourinho or Pep was coaching in the NFL or MLB or NBA and won the amount they did they'd basically have a lifetime contract.

But the uneven playing field (that also makes it kinda fun!) doesn't exist that way in NA domestic sports so the rich, successful clubs have a sense of desperation mixed with some old guard entitlement most times to win titles year and year.

I think it's important in any sport to seperate process from result. What is obvious at BVB, even to a casual observer (albeit I've watched all their games) is that the process is flawed. The roster is flawed. It's unbalanced. They are trying to run a system that doesn't fit their personnel. In addition, and this is where I can only observe with the most ignorant eyes -- Bosz does not seem to have (on the face of it only) a clue as to how to adjust in game to what the opponent is doing.

Time and time again over the past month BVB have gotten worse as the game has gone on.

Tuchel, for his flaws, often was able to adjust in game and use his subs wisely. Bosz doesn't seem to use his subs wisely at all, even to correct obvious tactical mistakes he made at the the start.

WTF was Castro coming on for today, for example?

Anyways, my late night posts are always rambling so yea hopefully CP is healthy soon and BVB figures its shit out.

russ and RunthePoint repped this.
  25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not just the champions league results they haven't won a game in weeks