Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #11701 ShaftBrewer, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2017
    http://www.espnfc.com/german-bundes...y-for-borussia-dortmund-belies-his-tender-age

KenC, HartwickFan, Namdynamo and 2 others repped this.
  2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    To be fair how does 06-07 Barca and 04-05 Man U compared to current Dortmund?

3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I'm honestly shocked by how much facial hair he had at age 18. All I could grow was a thin moustache and that was after 3-4 months of not shaving.

4. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My brother had a full beard at 17. I still can't even grow a mustache, not that I want one.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    He would have been similar to Ronaldo on that Utd side. They didn't have anyone world class opposite Ryan Giggs.

When they didn't play Ronaldo they'd often go unbalanced with Darren Fletcher or Quinton Fortune in the midfield.

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The international stats can be easily explained: Argentina and Portugal have always produced more top talent than us, so they never felt under the pressure of playing their wonderboys but sparingly. For us, Pulisic is basically our only real hope.

The club numbers would show a trend toward playing younger and younger players with the main team. Ten years ago it'd have been unthinkable to have so many 19-and-under players in a Champions.

Last season we had Dembele, Mbappe, Mor, Sanches, and Pulisic U20 guys in the Champions quarter-finals.

Soccer, like most everything, from scientific research to government charges, is becoming more and more specialized. A result is youngsters dedicating themselves to it completely, to the exclusion of everything else, earlier and earlier.

And teams play them younger and younger.

madvillain and Cris 09 repped this.
  7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Van Nistlerooy wasnt world class?

8. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

The analysis has already been done.

BirdsonFire, Deeneaus, zanderbz and 2 others repped this.
  9. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    18 articles on CP by the US media...nice to see the press protecting him better than the players. If only Ives, Doyle, Straus, Wahl, Clayton could suit up and play Dm and defense for him as well.

10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Actually, the foreign press also covers him often. He's one of the Wonderkinds and Europe is always fascinated by those:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Act...pulisic-l-espoir-americain-de-dortmund/747783

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Act...-remplacer-ousmane-dembele-au-borussia/828167

11. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cologne has changed its mind. No formal demand for a replay.

Midas Mulligan repped this.
  12. CP made it to the last 25 of Tuttosport annual "Golden Boy Award" for 2017. The list has been brought down from 99 in april to 25 now. In that list are 4 Eredivisie kids.

13. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at the 25 I think Pulisic is firmly in the top five, but he won't win it when Mpappe and Dembele are on the list. The other two are Rashford and Jesus.

14. Being one of the 25 is already a major achievement. So ending up in the top 10 is epic by any measure.

15. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dembele got hurt and might not play another game in 2017.

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  16. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he definitely has a shout for the top 10. Top 5 might be pushing it with Jesus, Rashford, Dembele, Mbappe, and Donnarumma likely the top 5. CP is 6 IMO.

17. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    I think it's time I give this kid a watch.

18. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    RVN was a pure striker and wouldn't have impeded Pulisic's PT if he had taken Ronaldos place on that Man Utd team

19. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Splitting hairs but i feel like goalkeepers can't really be compared to field players, so i left him out.

20. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
  21. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    Liverpool is just stinking it so far this season.

Glad CP never consider a move there.

22. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this a rule? I've seen countless people who cut and paste articles to make it easier to read rather than clicking on an extra link. My apologies if it is, I'm just confused by the reasoning.

23. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CAP HIM NOW!

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, by posting only a snippet and providing a link you are allowing people to click on the article so they get their "clicks" as well. That is good for the author and the site you are linking from and I am sure appreciated by those that took time to research and write the article.

25. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Most people just pull a quote or two and provide a link. Mods routinely tell people not to cut/ paste entire articles. I assume it has to do with copyright infringement...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/terms-of-use-terms-of-service.1621060/#post-22477712