Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. adi21

adi21 Member

The ones that have Americans starting
    United States
    Mar 17, 2001
    Maryland
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many goals and assists does he have ?

2. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Pulisic's movement is all over the place - his pass map doesn't look like a wide player. When he is in possession, he can be anywhere in the attacking half.

Screenshot from 2017-08-19 14:40:30.png

We need to talk about his heading though. It's on him that he lost possession whenever the ball was in the air. With a ball to his feet or in space, he is all class. But...

Screenshot from 2017-08-19 14:41:31.png

3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    1 goal/1 assist in first game of the season. Off to a great start.

ShortyMac, HartwickFan and Suyuntuy repped this.
  4. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kid is a complete player, he's just fine tuning now. The bright lights phase is over, now he's going to just play, it's all slowed for him. He's going balls deep this season and cementing himself as one of the best wing talents in the world, regardless of age

5. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea....he's short and white like me....we got no hops bruh lol

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Shouldn't be surprising: people who know fútbol realize Bradley is a quite good player. Abroad, he gets a decent amount of praise. It's mostly the Americans-fans-of-Europe who dis him for returning.

I think right now CP is the best CONCACAF field player, to the point that I don't worry about him doing well: I know he will, I watch him with the confidence of knowing beforehand he'll be at least decent.

Of course form varies. So things could be different in a couple of months.

I'd love for BVB to retain enough talent to challenge Bayern. IMO, Club Hollywood has been a nefarious influence on the Bundesliga popularity.

7. dcochran

dcochran Member+

Feb 17, 1999
    Vero Beach, FL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with all of this except the "just fine tuning" part. His trajectory over the last two years suggests that, while CP is a complete player, he is nowhere near his ceiling. If he continues on the growth path one might expect for an 18 yo, we'll look back from the vantage point of the 25 yo CP and recognize the seeds of his potential, but he may grow to be far more than what we see today.

8. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I was saying. The skills are all there, he's just taking them to the next level. A lot of times you see youth struggle with a part of the game ", i.e. Passing , shooting, positioning....hes not, he's just getting better, aka fine tuning. It's like the difference between a 650i and an M6, both are nasty, one just has that extra umphf....I love this part of the game, watching all these kids from 14-15 turn into pros....it's really enjoyable and exciting. Love watching people come up, I feel like that's what me and @ussoccer97531 live for lol. We will argue at any moment too lol

dcochran and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  9. dcochran

dcochran Member+

Feb 17, 1999
    Vero Beach, FL
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Understood. However, using your car analogy, we're looking at an M3 today -- all the pieces and enough edge for Orcrist to drool on his keyboard. Five years out, given the growth we've seen since CP joined the senior team, we could be looking at a contemporary F1 Ferrari. Totally different beast.

10. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    M3 is selling him short, he was the best player on the field today....probably the 2nd best player overall behind one of the top goal scorers in the world. I expect a monster year from him. You are already an M3 if you are starting for Dortmund, he was the best car on the lot today, showroom series

11. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT

Why stop at m3 or f1 ferrari???

He could be the Space-X, surging through the deep blue sky to new heights.

Eighteen Alpha and dcochran repped this.
  12. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    :eek: You are amazing, @madvillain! Bravo!

13. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One area for improvement many of us identified last season was picking out fellow attackers on crosses. last year, Pulisic did a good job getting in dangerous positions and playing balls in, but often seemed to play to general space (back post) instead of a specific attacker. This resulted in many dangerous moves ultimately not resulting in shots.

In the preseason and early season this year, he seems to have corrected this issue. He is now a bit calmer, allowing himself to take the extra fraction of a second to find a teammate. You see this on both the Castro near goal and the Auba assist.

justinpaul10 repped this.
  14. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just read this, my exact point above.

15. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope he wins at least one Bundesliga title with BVB.

If the new coach can sort out the defense, I think another deep Champions League run. We forgot how deep this team is. They looked top notch today while missing many top class players.

16. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the westline forums, a few posters are suggesting they sell Dembele and use the money not to (only) buy new players, but to foremost sign CP and PEA to fat new contracts.

Zinkoff repped this.
  17. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's getting his swag on.

The way he coolly corrected the ref on the corner he earned just before subbing out, then started juggling the ball before nonchalantly flicking it to the flag just oozed confidence.

He's not a global superstar yet, but he's definitely creeping into "regular star" levels.

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    do you guys really think he could be ready to move/start for a Madrid/Barca/Juve/PSG in a few years?

19. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you the real MVP.

You were in here like CP's second week in Dortmund telling all of the nervous nellies he was as good of a talent as the academy folk there had seen.

justinpaul10 repped this.
  20. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Yes in a few years.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is an all touches?
    899065761548972032 is not a valid tweet id

Winoman, beerslinger23, SlyEli and 3 others repped this.
  22. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I do because, aka all those big name clubs have OLDER star players right now
    -Ronaldo is 32. Bale is 28. He's probably as good as Mayoral/Asensio/Vázquez
    -Suarez is 30. Messi is 30. I'd take CP over Deulofeu, etc.
    -Di Maria is 29. Cavani is 30. Pastore is 28. Lucas will probably be sold within a year or two. -Who knows if Draxler stays depending on how much playing time he gets.
    -Juventus has younger wings in Dybala and Costa.
    -Only team I could see him having a harder time breaking into in the future is Manchester United. Since they're his favorite team, however they have young guys around his age.

Realistically, he'll be at the ripe age to sign for those teams in two years or so. I hope he stays at BVB and ignores the EPL. And doesn't become a bench guy at Real Madrid or something. Transferring to those big clubs have stunted players like Affelay, Shaqiri, James Rodriguez, etc. I'll honestly compare Pulisic to Leroy Sane. So far has moved to Manchester City has proved to be good.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    I realize the headers thing is tongue in cheek but he challenger for headers most wingers wouldn't even bother with. Today he didn't win a single one but it's better than j
    he's a fast little ********er, clever, skilled, composed -- getting stronger too. Nice beats on that highlight, I can't stand the ********ing euro rock shit.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  24. soonertony

soonertony Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is insane. Holy shit.

beerslinger23 and Ironbound repped this.
  25. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    #10525 beerslinger23, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Pretty much a perfect game. I counted like 3 bad touches and none were just giving the ball away randomly like some of our other MLS based players whose skills have deteriorated. Christian is seemingly picking guys out at will in the box. He is serving perfect up chances for his teammates like burgers at the diner; he puts it on a platter. He is consistently destroying his marker and even breaking down zone and double team defenses and always creating and solving problems with just his movement. Top 10 player in the world potential here

and he's still growing...

HartwickFan and Eighteen Alpha repped this.