Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Christian Pulisic, he scores how he wants.

2. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    Christian and Dembele are direct players. They attack and create risk and reward. They do it in different ways but you don't mind the occasional poor touch or turnover as long as the assists and goals are there.

These are the types of players you look less at stats like pass percentage completed and more like chances created, successful dribbles, key passes and such.

As for his goal on the Schurrle "cross" that was an incredible bit of athletic prowess IMO. There's not many athletes in the world with those kind of twitch reflexes in any sport. Not only does he control the ball, he FIRES it into the far corner off a pure reflex move using the overhit cross to his advantage.

It's the sort of goal I'd expect Auba or Clint to score, the ultimate sort of "poacher's luck" but in reality it's 10% luck and 90% skill. The "luck" portion is just getting the opportunity to make a play in front of goal (like from a shit cross fired into your chest) and the other 90% is just the incredible skill to make it happen.

I also really enjoyed Auba's reaction (joy) compared to Schurrle's, who seemed a bit butt hurt his cross didn't find Auba far post but instead the American kid stole the glory.

adi21, Deeneaus, MPNumber9 and 1 other person repped this.
  3. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Schurrle was like shit there goes my spot for sure

Deeneaus and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  4. blitz7118

blitz7118 New Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Almost seems like they don't get along. He doesn't really acknowledge Schurrle for his assist...Plus other little things I've noticed in other games.

5. Beastmode21

Beastmode21 Member+

United States
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't noticed, all I remember of those two together was the assist and goal against Madrid. But who knows

6. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one don't give two hoots about Schurrle's butthurtedness. Chrome says that's not a word but it appears to fit in context.

BVB and such clubs are extremely cutthroat. He knows that. Everyone knows that. I'd be a little butthurt too if Pulisic not only took my spot but also in doing so, put a huge hurdle in front of me representing Germany in Russia.

Oh well. Schurrle just needs to make sure Pulisic's water is cold and refreshing when he comes off the pitch.

adi21 and ttrevett repped this.
  7. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    I don't usually over analyze or really notice this type of stuff but the Schurrle stuff has always stuck out to me for some reason.

8. PM22

PM22 Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Califor-nye-ayy
    There was a play during the first half of the Bochum game where Puli was very visibly frustrated with Schurrle for taking yet another shot from outside of the box instead of hitting either of the open wingers.

adi21 and Reccossu repped this.
  9. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
  10. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was actually a moment last season where Dembele took on 4 people like he always does and set up an Auba goal. Dembele and Auba were celebrating and the only player who came to celebrate with them was I think Ginter (or Reus?). Whoever it was yelled at everyone else to come celebrate and some of them did.

Watching them last year, it really doesn't seem like they get along all that well as a team. There were a couple other times where it seemed like that

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  11. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think we may be looking too far into this, every team has times when not everyone celebrates, for everytime that happened i could find 20 times they celebrated like they were really close.

12. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if Coutino moves to Barca does LFC come for Pulisic?

13. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't they already try that to no avail?

14. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    coutinho isn't going anywhere

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pulisic isn't going anywhere.

16. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want no part of CP going to the EPL. I'd love to see the kid wind up at Atletico under Simeone, but I'm sure he is not a Simeone kind of player. Don't want him at Barca/Madrid unless he is clearly better than every other option at his position, which right now he ain't. I wouldn't mind seeing him at that Mia San Mia crowd, as a replacement for either Robben or Ribery when they are tets up.

From your lips to Klopp's ears.

17. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    Auba had 39 goals in 2015-16 without Dembele and 40 in 2016-17 with Dembele. Not sure why you think he won't be as good without Dembe.

frankburgers and Dirt McGirt repped this.
  18. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool picked up Salah

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  19. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I murdered that last name, damn.

20. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    liverpool has no interest in selling, I'm certain he'll be with Liverpool next year.

21. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. I have no idea when or if Liverpool antes up for him beyond what the offer was in January.

2. I would guess Klopp sees him as a Coutinho/Lallana midfielder who could also fill a wide forward/winger role. So basically, a Coutinho more than a Sané or Salah.

3. This is all my opinion, but I feel like it's reasonable given how Klopp likes to move guys back in the formation to suit his style and CP's 2 way strengths.

22. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Member+

Jun 23, 2002
    Where he'll be relegated to domestic cup duty and the occasional mop-up minutes. Let's hope a deal never happens.

23. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You overrate Liverpool tremendously.

24. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no point in going to the PL. I think he feels really comfortable in Germany and i think he has a pretty strong sense of loyalty. Dortmund could really do some damage this year in the CL and i think it will compete for the BL title, or at least make it a lot closer. Crazy when your coach gets fired after a QF CL appearance, a Cup title and finishing top 3 in your domestic.

25. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm talking about Coutinho not Pulisic. LFC need Coutinho to get back into CL cleanly and quickly, they will sell next year.