Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Against Bayern my guess is he comes off the bench, based on the fact that he played 90 on Saturday and that Tuchel safety blankets and plays veterans, probably front four of Kagawa Reus Auba Dembele with Castro and Weigl as central midfielders.

2. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    He'll come off the bench as you noted Tuchel loves his security blankets. I will say if Durm starts at that stupid wingback spot in the 3-4-3 over Pulisic I'll be quite annoyed.

3. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game on ESPN2.

Winoman and ebbro repped this.
  4. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
  5. It is utterly stupid to do this via anything connected with stocktrade. When something happens the first place to look is there and everything is registered. The thing to try is to extort the target, because then there is no trace if you are smart that is. Not like the 2 Polish men that went on a bombing campaign in the Netherlands against IKEA in an effort to blackmail them out of several millions.

6. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I think the game in Monaco taught him that lesson. I think he sits in favor of a different attacker and is a super-sub.

8. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
  9. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    CP on the bench, god damnit. I love Dembele but it's amazing how he gets so many starts when arguably he's been worse than Pulisic over the last month.

edcrocker repped this.
  10. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Auf der Bank:mad:

11. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A strong lineup though, even without Hershey's finest. That midfield three is a pretty nice group.

BirdsonFire and orcrist repped this.
  12. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Who had more goals or assists in the last month?

13. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Good chance the game is out of hand by the time Pulisic comes in

madvillain repped this.
  14. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    I dunno but I've watched every match and Dembele has been wasteful without his usual brilliance to make up for it.

As I said, I like 'em both but Dembele as an auto starter and Christian as a part time starter does not make much sense imo. Just my opinion.

bballshawn and orcrist repped this.
  15. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Bay Area, California, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. A much better lineup. Aside from my preference for Pulisic, I can't really fault it.

madvillain repped this.
  16. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Bvb's fullback are going to get wrecked hard.

17. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, that's the likely outcome with any lineup BVB can throw out there. Normally they compensate for their swiss cheese defense by pinning back opposing defenders with their speedy technical attack. The problem is, Bayern's defenders are just as speedy and technical, and then they can release one of the few attacks in Europe that's even quicker and more technical than BVB's.

Frankly, they have to hope to frustrate and/or choke Bayern. And catch Bayern on a bad night. BVB used to be one of their kryptonite teams; I haven't seen that so much the season or so.

Cris 09 repped this.
  18. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Both starting XIs look like other-than-best XI lineups. Is this because it's the Pokal?

19. madvillain

madvillain Member+

Aug 28, 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    I asked about its importance in Germany earlier in this thread and some very knowledable posters said it was very, very highly rated in Germany. I think it's just match congestion leading to some rest.

I made a match thread on gameday.

beerslinger23 repped this.
  20. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, and with both of them out of the CL, this is the only hardware left up for grabs (Bayern has the League locked up).
    Just look at the celebrations by Frankfurt yesterday if you want to see how important this is to them.

21. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    at some point, CP will get sick of that. Maybe sooner, maybe later.

22. orcrist

orcrist Member+

Jun 11, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm curious which Bayern stars you see missing here?

23. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who plays closer to goal on average? Who tries for more goals and assists instead of making the simple pass to the player who has a better chance of producing an assist?

24. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    I didn't consider injuries. I would think Boateng and Neuer would be starting but it makes sense that they aren't.

25. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #8400 thedukeofsoccer, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Nobody will question Dembele's technique and ability though. He'll play some great balls in and around the box when he has space and is in close. Just had a couple there, with a goal and assist, in a short period.

This after he was criticized for his play in the first half by the announcers. I didn't see that to confirm. Just started watching.

It seemed like Pulisic was about to come on, but I don't know now, with Dortmund up 3-2.

Edit: nope, here he comes.