Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Balerion, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Just IMO, Bale is way over-rated. The dude can't pass at all. On the other hand, Suarez (biting aside) is a fantastic player. But CP is also more of a midfielder, passer, second forward type.

2. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Not true in BVB's 3-4-3/ 3-5-2. they play with 3 central defenders and the two wide guys play like wingbacks. It is a role that is different from wide attacking midfielder. They play with Sokratis, Bartra and Ginter with Wiegl in front. The midfield wide guy does have license to move into attack but he has to track anybody, not just the LB, that runs down that side.

They don't necessarily sit as deep as traditional fullbacks, but few teams game plan to commit seven guys to the attack on a regular basis like TT.

3. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    On some British soccer show on sirius today they had a Bundesliga pundit on - he said it was an alt right group and they are against multiculturalism. He also said Borussia's chairman agreed to play the match and commented how there is a disconnect between him and Tuchel that has been going on for some time.

I'm guessing this doesn't have much to do with Pulisic or the American base despite that its supposedly mentioned in the letter. Probably they were trying to make it look like an Islamic terrorist act to stir people up further against muslims.

LouisianaViking07/09 and Suyuntuy repped this.
  4. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    In terms of profile, not style of course.

5. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #8230 Midas Mulligan, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    He's played quite a bit with only a RCB behind him.

But yes, I was using wingback as shorthand for widest player and significant defensive responsibilities.

Eta: on second thought, I was too polite to not point specifically that you're wrong. Let me fix that: You're absolutely wrong. I'm not doing the work for you because I've actually watched every damn minute he's played. Call it a wide mid or wingback, but the point remains he's been tasked with tracking all the way back a significant amount of time. As a matter of fact, until Reus's injury, he seemed to be relieved by Durm when he was rested.

6. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    They're doing it wrong. If you can't be happy with millions of dollars then you just can't be happy.

7. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    striker and y-lee-coyote repped this.
  8. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Pulisic has played a bunch of positions this season, just about everything except DM, CB, and GK. It's good to be versatile but that especially helps when you're not a starter.

9. Pully should light some candles as German news said that investigation showed that if the bombs were set off a mere 2 seconds earlier, casualities would have been inevitable.

10. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I do agree that he doesn't need to move anywhere but I am less afraid of him going to the EPL than the rest of our youth players.

11. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    If he goes to England, I hope it's to Tottenham. He'd be in a platoon with Son & Lamela as a winger (Tottenham often only play 1, while also competing and working with Erickson, Dele Alli and Onamah. In fact he is what Lamela was supposed to be for them, and Son is more than filling in for - a dribbling, goal scoring, attacker from out wide. Except he's already better than Lamela.

He's the kind of talent that could help Tottenham reach that elite level - and it's a club filled with young, rising, stars.

PalmettoSpur repped this.
  12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    you'd think that would have been in the books from day 1 of their post occupation constitution. Though of course with the US support during the Cold War, some things they had to accept.

13. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No reason to go to Tot, he's already in a team full of young up and comers and are in the Quarters of the CL.....leaving for any club in the PL would be dumb

14. Tottenham is in a different (read lower) league than BVB when one talks about the quality of the clubs. To be honest I wouldnot know which of the top 6 of the EPL is better than BVB.

Zinkoff repped this.
  15. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Will playing for the team that you have dreamt about playing for since your childhood make you happier?

16. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    none of them.....PL Clubs dont know what defense is, its hilarious....they keep buying attacking talent and leave the best defenders and ball distributors out lol...Man U defense is hilariously pathetic

17. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    It was also probably just a little harder for any player to break into Barca's first team.

18. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    interesting point since we are also talking about bvb.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why would he move to the EPL? Besides money or childhood dream? Serious question...what would he gain out of a move there?

20. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BVB doesnt spend money on anyone really lol, totally different.....Man U pays, Dortmund sells

If i had the money Man U did, i would be competing for the CL championship on the reg.......their front office is pathetic

21. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get ready for the job offers!

22. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wish.....with that kind of money and prestige, i dont understand why you cant field a team worth a damn. They can literally get anyone they want and they wont even make the CL this year, thats completely unacceptable in my opinion

23. Giggsy1986

Giggsy1986 Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I agree, Tottenham would be a good fit. But honestly the reason the kid is doing so well is how mentally mature and tough he is. At this point I haven't really seen him struggle at any level.....Manchester United would be an interesting fit. He has a little bit of the Class of 92 swagger in him.

Not scared of the moment whatsover.

24. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    You'll note I said "if he goes to England"....i don't actually want to see him leave. I enjoy seeing him play for Dortmund

25. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    At some point Donovan was our best player in all positions except those four. Pretty soon Pulisic will be as well.