Christian Pulisic at AC Milan

Discussion dans 'Yanks Abroad' créé par Balerion, 30 Juin 2014.

1. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    28 Novembre 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Not surprising. They've had so much young talent coming through the ranks in the last 5 years or so. There development program is ridiculous, and probably among the top 3 in the world.

2. jond

jond Member+

28 Septembre 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. chalaron

chalaron Member+

15 Août 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia

Regardless of what else you said, my underlined replacements of the team names highlights how ludicrous your statement sounds.

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

16 Juillet 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Obviously, you missed the point.

5. freisland

freisland Member+

31 Janvier 2001
    I'm just impressed someone liked Hanson enough to name a stiker after them.

6. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

20 Janvier 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is actually pretty amazing.

Locatelli has some good cheeses in America too, I enjoy Pecorino Romano

7. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

24 Juillet 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    9 times in this thread, you claim Pulisic only acceptable as a wide player.

I think I'm done ever responding to you.

All of @Suyuntuy posts are characterized by overt negativity. But at least it's not overt idiocy.

bsky22 aime ça.
  8. jond

jond Member+

28 Septembre 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BPIC.

*Best Player In CONCACAF

9. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    10 Septembre 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7734 m vann, 25 Mars 2017
    Last edited: 26 Mars 2017
    Yada yada yada.......CP was brilliant last night. Anyone suprised? Nope. But I was surprised about something I noticed.......did CP go all pro athlete and get tatted? Was he sporting a new tattoo on his inside, left forearm? Our little boy is growing up! :D ;)

10. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    28 Novembre 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    He's had that for a minute now, since the winter break, at least.

m vann et madvillain aiment ça.
  11. jond

jond Member+

28 Septembre 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    28 Novembre 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    High praise from someone who has played with some of best.

Winoman et LouisianaViking07/09 aiment ça.
  13. LouisianaViking07/09

15 Août 2009
    a season with Gareth Bale

The Irish Rover aime ça.
  14. PalmettoSpur

PalmettoSpur Member

21 Octobre 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    It would've been fun to see an in-form Pulisic, in-form Donovan, and in-form Dempsey on the same field.

I kind of want to go back, rewatch the game, and write out every touch Pulisic had. He had quite a few major clunkers, which he sandwiched between a slew of goals, assists, and goals-created-but-not-assisted. That might've been the most enigmatic game I've ever seen from a player.

15. jond

jond Member+

28 Septembre 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7740 jond, 25 Mars 2017
    Last edited: 25 Mars 2017
    845608868235358208 is not a valid tweet id

16. LouisianaViking07/09

15 Août 2009
    He truly is The Prince That Was Promised

orcrist aime ça.
  17. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

26 Juin 2010
    Dunno about all that but he is a skillful and effective player at a young age with plenty of time to become even more skillful and more effective plus of course some size, understanding and speed.

18. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    28 Novembre 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    I think you're underselling some of the players Deuce played with at Fulham and Tottenham. Duff was no slouch, and Moussa Dembele was his teammate at both Fulham and Tottenham. Not to mention, Gallas, Adebayor, Vertongen and a host of other good pros.

Winoman aime ça.
  19. jond

jond Member+

28 Septembre 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who promised? I'd like a word with them.

20. LouisianaViking07/09

15 Août 2009
    i wouldn;t define Dembele as "great". Maybe the best at Fulham and 1 of the best at Tottenham but not great. Bale however was. Player of the Year the season Dempsey joined him.

Just my opinion of course. Not knocking them. I think by the time he joined Gallas and Adebayor were already on their way down. Vertongen though, I'm sure i have underrated.

21. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

24 Juillet 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I was just earlier today thinking about how nice it would be if we could another Dembele involved in the YA discussion.

22. Gorky

Gorky Member+

28 Juillet 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can never have enough Dembele's.

23. The Real Sekrah

23 Juillet 2013
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    I don't think finding great players to play alongside Pulisic is a problem for Team USA anymore. The days of having just one good player in the middle of a team of gritty hard-workers is long gone. Odds are probably greater that there will be another player better than both Dempsey and Donovan to play with Christian.

24. jond

jond Member+

28 Septembre 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting it took someone well outside our regular soccer media to offer some education to our soccer media, which keeps inanely comparing Pulisic to Landon. Style of play is not similar at all.

But the comparison feels askew, aside from the fact that they're both American soccer players. And that's no insult to Donovan, who was a true spectacle in his day (Confederations Cup, 2009, anyone?). Donovan was a brilliant counter-attacker, executing deft crosses from the wing, and taking on his opponents head-on.

But the important distinction between the two is that the flow of Pulisic's game is much more pass-oriented—almost reminiscent of the kind of vision that Mesut Ozil has on his best days. Pulisic was able to pick locks, drifting and floating the ball over befuddled defenders' heads and hitting his teammates squarely on the mark. The ball also seems to adhere tighter on Pulisic's feet than Donovan, who favored using his speed to play into space. Donovan's era with the USMNT was marked by that lob-balled counterattack style with sweeping crosses, whereas this generation has found a way to at least try to be more centrally possession-oriented. That doesn't mean that Pulisic promotes a stagnant style of play. On the contrary, he always seems to be pushing things directly at the goal, as if to say, "I don't know exactly how we're going to get past you yet, but we will." And "we" is the operative word here. Because he's showing a knack for using his teammates as an extension of his own intentions. That's a next-level skill, typically the province of well-studied veterans.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highl...hes-not-donovan/?utm_source=vicesportstwitter

Bolded that sentence as we've never had a player capable of that.

Not the best article, just glad someone stood up and finally started acknowledging the blatant differences as last week, the entire rest of media's talking points were focused on "Pulisic's the next Landon". It's lazy.

Partager cette page