Chris Gloster at PSV Eindhoven

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by BostonRed, Dec 30, 2017.

1. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    If they don't sell him now he can sign in the Winter 2020 and leave in the Summer and H96 gets nothing. No?

2. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    PSV’s failure in the CL means they are now selling some guys, which means they are going to have the cash needed to make some deals.

3. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
  4. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #179 Deeneaus, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Yup. 250K transfer fee and also mentioned that two other offers were declined.

5. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and a non-EU salary commitment also, I assume?

6. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    ... and for us! :thumbsup:

8. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok, who knows things? last season angelino was on loan from city- who else do they have at lb?

9. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    Just poking around on Transfermarkt, it looks like they bought a 21-year-old French LB, Olivier Boscagli, just a couple weeks ago from Nice. They paid $2.28 million for him, and he has French youth team caps. Boscagli got the start against Ajax in that Cruyff Shield game a week ago.

A 20-year-old Czech guy, Michal Sadilek, started at LB in their first league game, even though Transfermarkt says he's normally a CM. Sadilek has been involved with the Czech youth national teams.

They also have 21-year-old Spanish LB, Toni Lato, whom they just picked up on loan from Valenica. He also has youth caps with Spain.

So, without having seen any of these guys play, I'd say he has some stiff competition of paper, though there might not be a ton of depth at the position.

10. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Sounds like a ton of depth from your description... a bunch of highly rated young players ahead of him... doesn't sound ideal.

superdave repped this.
  11. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He's going to go play for Jong PSV till at least the winter break. From there it's all about how he performs, how the players listed above perform, what PSV wants to do in the transfer market, and if he shows enough to start getting 1st team training time. 2000+ minutes at Jong for a 20 LB would be a really good start to his professional career.

Thundering165 repped this.
  12. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    when you are at a club like psv you should probably always expect three other young guys breathing down your neck. just the nature of a club aiming to play champions league

Bob Morocco repped this.
  13. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If they want to play in the Champions League, they probably should avoid losing in the second qualifying round. ;)

Slight aside, Ajax has really glossed over the fact that Eredivisie teams are getting consistently beaten by clubs from much smaller leagues pretty regularly in recent years.

14. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Slick Chris Gloster Set to Shine @ PSV!

15. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he going to play for Jong PSV every week, though? LargeGarlic's list of young left backs seems a little long for my liking.

TimB4Last repped this.
  16. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    They'll probably want to see him as much as possible. He becomes pretty expensive next year.

TimB4Last repped this.
  17. SloterHaus

SloterHaus Member

Dec 14, 2018
    How does the non EU-Player rule work?
    I thought as a non-EU player, you only need to earn 1.5 the median salary of the league in which you play.

18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is an Eredivisie rule only. Here are the numbers from @bshredder himself:

Neither of these three players are EU citizens so their minimum salary is €218,000 this season. When they turn 20, that salary must jump to at least €436,202.

SloterHaus repped this.
  19. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that a general EU league rule? I hadn't heard that one before.

HockeytownHeel repped this.
  20. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    First off go Heels,
    And Gloster seems to have a ton of competition like most of the other Dutch US signees this year that it may be winter break before we see any of them for any considerable time.

TarHeels17 repped this.
  21. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Look one post above yours.

taylor repped this.
  22. SloterHaus

SloterHaus Member

Dec 14, 2018
    I somehow thought that's the math in the Netherlands.
    My thinking was the salaries for non-EU players are calculated based on the average salary of the respective league. The minimum salary for a non-EU player is therefore different in the first and second division.

"Clubs must offer the player an annual allowance that exceeds the salaries of the other football players. For players over 20 years that is 150 percent of the average, for players aged 18 and 19 that is 75 percent"

https://www.elfvoetbal.nl/Binnenlan...n-de-EU-naar-de-Eredivisie-dit-zijn-de-regels

TarHeels17 repped this.
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Allende72

Allende72 Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Nov 17, 2008
    Wilmington, NC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol go heels!
    I havent seen him play but if psv is willing to pay, i guess m.o. is not needed.
    He is the biggest u21 dark horse for me....