Cho Won-hee @ Wigan Athletic 2009-2010 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GoYoungrokba, Aug 5, 2009.

1. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Did you hear someone yelling out "WON HEE!" several times during the match? I think it was Martinez yelling at him from the sidelines.

2. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Looked like Martinez has his starting 11 in there though except Diame.
    Koumas doesn't look like he starts every match.

3. jetaman-redded

jetaman-redded Red Card

Dec 26, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I watched Cho played for Wigan and I was not impressed with this skills.
    I mean he needs to use his brain even more and he needs more ball control skills.

4. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think Martinez was resting their starting 11 players for there game against Hull. Martinez's main goal this season is to not get regelated. Thats why CWH got a chance to play. I'm sure Martinez was looking for a loss but not an a** whooping.

5. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I heard that along with Evra yelling Ji on overlapping runs.

6. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  8. jetaman-redded

jetaman-redded Red Card

Dec 26, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think Cho needs to find another team. May be in Netherlands or in Belgium instead.

9. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think it had to do with the fact that Wigan was playing three matches in seven days. Maybe they felt they wouldn't have much shot at Man Utd anyway... hope for a draw while getting some fresh legs in there in Cho while others get a rest. Maybe a chance to have potential suitors for Cho see him in action.

I too was glad to see two Koreans on the pitch at the same time.

10. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Wigan 0 - 0 Hull
    Saturday, 2 January 2010, 3pm

The FA Cup, 3rd round

No Jo Won-hee

12. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    He needs to move on. He's going to try unsuccessfully to find a team in Europe and finally end up back in Korea. He just doesn't have the goods for EPL and maybe even Europe.

13. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Im not understanding this hope for another Euro team.

Apologies for beating a dead horse but can someone please tell me again what his redeeming qualities are in the first place? short...lack of any noteworthy talents...subpar brain power....nothing leading or alpha about him.

As far as Ive seen...he just runs aggresively a lot and has heart. But Im sure you could find 10 of these guys in the Cola.

I hate to sound harsh but Suwon is the best thing for him. I think he's NT gristle as well.

14. Koreafan

Koreafan Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I think if he went to a league besides the premier league, he would have at least done a bit better. Ive heard that he was a very good defensive midfielder before he moved to england? All his skills as an enforcer in the k-league becomes moot in the reputed most physical league in the world. I think for the most part, Koreans that will do well in premier will be pacey, wing players. (unless ki sung yong becomes great).

15. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Plenty of people here seem to think that. Im still trying to find out why.

16. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I never thought he was that bad... Cho isn't extraordinary but he is pretty strong despite his size (at least he was in Korea and international matches I've seen. I havent seen him in Europe however....) and has decent defensive qualities because he used to be a fullback until Cha Boom converted him to DM. However, I haven't seen any qualities that merits starting this guy in front of Kim Nam Il or Kim Jung Woo.

17. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I was never impressed with him for KNT but heck a man can hope and dream can't he?

18. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sure...I just think fanboyism should be deserved is all.

And he doesnt really deserve to be playing outside of Korea really so it confuses me how people can actually hope or expect him to go to another Euro team.

19. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Don't see why he couldn't find a spot on a team in a league like Greece, Turkey, Holland, Poland, France, Romania, Russia, etc...That would be a step up in competition compared to the K league. Well maybe not Poland.

I think it would he difficult though, because he hasn't shown anybody a reason to sign him based on the last couple of performances.

The safest destination would be Korea because he knows he'll play leading up to SA but I don't see why he couldn't play for a 'European' team. There are lots of crappy and mediocre ones.

20. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    For me its not necessarily hope or expectation that Cho has the skills to play in Europe. Its the fact that Europe is still in season... giving him the chance to play regularly if he can land in the right situation... and from that playing time allowing the KNT and fans to get a better idea of where he stands form wise.

Its not the "prestige" of playing in Europe or the "demotion" of "having" to go back to K League which may be better fit for Cho's talent level that I am concerned about.

21. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  22. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
  23. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Of course. Just as he was instrumental for Suwon in 08, I'm sure he'll be a key figure for us this upcoming season. Good to have him back. However, K-League won't start until March, and the earliest match will be ACL group stage against Gamba Osaka on Feb. 24th.

24. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Interesting. Huh should consider taking him to the training camp now that he's not in middle of the season with his club.

25. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I didnt check the link because I dont have K font at work and my K reading skills aren't the highest. Is the free loan effective immediately? I ask because if the earliest live action he can participate in is the ACL at the end of Feb... I wouldnt mind seeing him stick around at Wigan until the end of the Jan transfer window. You guys can probably shed more light on the comparing the pros and cons of training with Wigan vs training with KNT/Suwon... but if it means that he has the slim chance of getting into one or two more matches for Wigan before the end of Jan... I would assume it would be worth it?

Thanks for the info btw. At least we know he will get some playing time in leading up to the WC.