Chivas USA vs. Guadalajara?

Discussion in 'Chivas USA Supporters Clubs' started by spectre, Sep 18, 2007.

1. spectre

spectre New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, I know the 2007 season is reaching its zenith and the playoffs are about to get underway. I am looking forward to them too. However, this thought struck me out of the blue and I wanted your feedback - as Chivas USA fans.

If you can hold onto one of the top two spots in the west, it can safely be assumed that you will have one of the top four records in the league for the regular season. That qualifies you for next season's SuperLiga.

If Chivas USA and Chivas Guadalajara were matched up at any point in the tournament, what would the outcome be - in terms of fan support, ticket sales, etc. etc.? Where would your loyalties lie? No doubt there are some Chivas USA fans who grew up rooting for Guadalajara.

As a neutral, this possible game fascinates me. Feedback??

(Now doing anti-juju dance and burning herbs and spices to ward off any bad luck coinciding with talking about the future when the present is what's important right now.)

If I offended anyone by coming onto your boards, I apologize. I meant no harm and only wanted your unique perspective to this question.

2. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Theres a thread like this in the main Chivas USA thread if youd like to read some of it.

This game will probably be a sell out and will draw tons of Chivas GDL fans and they will be the home team. The ******** chant will probably be heard when Guzan kicks the ball just cuz some Chiva fans dont really like Chivas USA. For myself i will be rooting for Chivas but if we happend to loose I wouldnt mind, cuz afterall im also a Chivas USA fan. The thing is its kinda hard not to root for Chivas when my whole life has revolved around this teams since i can remember and I have only been a Chivas USA fan for three years.

3. spectre

spectre New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! I just read it. I hadn't even looked at the regular CUSA board and went straight to the diehards, the supporter's clubs section.

Having read it though, there are only one or two replies that really answer my questions about support and attendance. Also, I was thinking specifically about the SuperLiga, where the game would be potentially for $1,000,000 as well as involving more bragging rights than just two teams. Preseason home and home doesn't interest me as much, even though I'm sure it would make both clubs a little cash. I'm more interested in a game that means something and what it would mean to the diehards and to the teams themselves.

Oh, and by the way - I like Chivas USA much more than Dallas or Houston. Just so you know;)

And we both hate the Galaxatives.

4. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By reading the current standings I doubt that Guadalajara would even qualify. Oh well I guess our boys will be the true Chivas rep!

5. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexican teams dont need to qualify they get invited, but the season is still young and chivas can come up

6. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, they better step up! Could you imagine a Chivas USA/Chivas GDL double!

7. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    FMF is barely a couple of games into the season and therefore we cannot assume if Chivas Guadalajara will be up there or not by their current play. If both Chivas teams play, it is a guarantee sell-out and Ifor one will respect both teamsand not yell ********! It is a WIN- WIN situation for me, even though I will be a little more inclined in wanting Chivas Guadalajara to win because like I said before, I was brought up with Chivas Guadalajara and have only supported Chivas USA for 3 years.:)

8. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Me and you Michoacano1 have a lot in common brother except im from Jalisco:) but other than that we think alike when it comes to Chivas.

9. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    Yeah Bro I have noticed. :D The good thing is we also disagree on other things, makes it interesting. Mis respetos.

10. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Chivas USA played Guadalajara i would support CHivas USA 100%, might happen, since we will play in the Superliga next year!

11. manta1908

manta1908 New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    without a doubt in my mind!
    CHIVAS GUADALAJARA!:p

12. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cheer against Chivas Guad whenever they play an MLS team. Why would anyone assume because I support CUSA I would support Guad. Do you also support Saprissa?

13. REBANOSAGRADO

REBANOSAGRADO New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    saprissa?
    jjajajaj i love el deportivo

14. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    I support CHIVAS!!! Saprissa is not CHIVAS. Once they have Chivas China, I will support them as well because they will be CHIVAS.:D

15. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El Guadalajara will always and forever be my first love, I cant help it Im third generation Chiva fan, so with that said I will root for GDL but if Chivas USA wins i would be happy also. I guess its kinda when you have kids and your sons are playing against eachother.

16. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Personally, I am not sure how I would react!
    I love Chivas GDL & I love Chivas USA
    I guess it would be a lot like watching Mexico Vs USA together with my wife!
    One of those games where my Mom is praying for a lot of goals from both sides but at the end... hoping for a tie!

Yes, I am also a third generation Chivas GDL supporter, but there is the 4th generation that is growing and learning to love Chivas USA!

So it would definitely be an odd situation!
    Plain and simple, I would cheer Chivas on :D

17. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well said:D

18. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Saprissa= Cousins ?

19. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    LMAO!!! How about Red-headed step children? They are owned by Vergara but do not carry CHIVAS in their name, so there is no association to US. Arriva las CHIVAS!!!:D

20. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    I just read this article that announces a match to be played between Chivas USA and Chivas Guadalajara with all the proceeds going to the people of Tabasco which are suffering from flooding. The match will be played at Estadio Jalisco on Nov. 17, 2007.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=47672

21. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This game should be plaid here in the US, not in Mexico. I doubt a lot of people will show up for this game, plus if it was held here in the US more money will be funded. Good cause thogh.

22. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    I agree that it should be played here. The HDC would sell out for sure. The reason I think they are doing it there is because of La Liguilla. Remember, Chivas Guadalajara is in and it would be very bad for them to be traveling so much.

23. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as much as I hate them a doubleheader at the colliseum whould make alot more money. Plus with the teams from Mexico they would make some good moeny on th TV rights

24. michoacano1

michoacano1 New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    COWTOWN, TX
    The only problem with that is that they need the money NOW!!! It is such short notice that Estadio Jalisco is the fastest option because Chivas Guadalajara is still playing and Chivas USA has the time to travel down there.

25. Albee

Albee Member

Dec 28, 2007
    This game would be a win win for me, Chivas the name wins in the end, and that's all i really care about. Chivas U.S. and Chivas Guad are my teams