Chinese Taipei National Team

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by jonny63, Feb 9, 2006.

1. w-inds.

w-inds. Member

May 6, 2006
    CTFA invited Jordan & Indonesia for next Dragon Cup (6 teams)

Jordan will participate

2. E_ViLL14

E_ViLL14 Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Hong Kong, Macau and the Philippines will be retained?

3. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    HKFA has been invited but no decision yet. Sept is the third round of 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification for AFC countries.

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Chen Po-Liang, the Chinese Taipei who recently signed for TSW Pegasus, had his debut today and scored his first ever league goal for his new team.

TSW Pegasus 2-0 Kitchee.

5. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It should be Tuen Mun SA 0:2 TSW Pegasus. Both teams are from the Northwestern New Territories and the match was billed as a Northwestern district derby.

[​IMG]

Leandro Carrijo also scored his first goal for TSW Pegasus.

6. nickisposh

nickisposh New Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Club:
    Peterborough United FC
  7. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  8. w-inds.

w-inds. Member

May 6, 2006
    Xavier Chen will play for Chinese Taipei NT in World Cup qualifiers

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    not sure if announced here
    victor chou, the spanish taiwanese player, played for chinese taipei u23 in the home game against jordan.

10. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Chinese Taipei win the match 3-2 in second leg of World Cup 2014 Asian qualify against Malaysia team but still cant get through to next round bcoz of advantage away goal from Malaysia (Agg 4-4). The 1st leg Malaysia win at home by 2-1. Overall i think Chinese Taipei play better than Malaysia consider that Chinese Taipei dont have a pro league.

11. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Chinese Tapei were probably unlucky that they came up against AFF Champions Malaysia. Malaysia have been very confident recently, so if CT drew someone else they probably would have gotten through. As it is, 2018 world cup qualifiers seem so far away.

12. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is good to see them getting stronger. There is the 2012 or 2013 EAFF Championship and 2015 Asian Cup. I think Taiwan should set its sights on reaching the finals of either/both before thinking about the World Cup.

13. E_ViLL14

E_ViLL14 Member

Jul 6, 2010
    I'm sure that's their plan for now as they're targeting to qualify for their first World Cup by 2038.

14. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I don't know why such nations go on record like this. The world cup is such a big event but all these small nations have these dreams, but theres too many small nations for this dream.

Hopefully, the AFC and FIFA will recognsie from the CT display against Malaysia, that they're teams going out of the qualification process 3 years before the big day by the away goals rule.

Who's to say that in this cycle that CT and Malaysia aren't better than Bahrain & Saudi for example, but they get less opportunities because of what a previous generation of players did. Would it not be fair to put the whole of Asia into a group stage like Europe?

So, Ok, Chinese Taipei have a dream of making the world cup, but getting knocked out of Round 1 won't bring a new generation of players into the game. These future players need to see the likes of Japan, Iran etc playing on CT soil on a regular basis, thats how the team improves, at the moment, world football is taking that opportunity away from them. A couple of teams from R1 might get the opporuntity but 18 odd more don't and never will.

15. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Druryfire, what you say is very reasonable. We in Asia gets knocked out early in World Cup qualifying and have nothing much to get excited about for 3 years or so.

Look at CONMEBOL, they have a marathon qualifying process which allows all 10 countries to invest in team management for at least two years. Rest of the time they have the Copa America and the actual World Cup finals (nearly half of the 10 countries qualify) to keep them interested.

I'd really like to see FIFA/AFC find a way of making our World Cup qualification process longer lasting for the small countries, so the respective FAs will/can invest more in the team (e.g. hire better coaches and organize more regular training), not just the big guns like Japan and South Korea.

Currently, the HK national team is training regularly for the WCQ against Saudi Arabia. But as soon as we lose (as we expect against such a strong footballing country), we will disband the team and do nothing with it until the EAFF when everything starts all over again.

16. hscplayer

hscplayer New Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    do you all play soccer?

17. hscplayer

hscplayer New Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    parents are from taiwan, grandparents live in taipei, i play semi-pro soccer and college soccer in united states, and am 18. trying to get into contact with someone from chinese taipei football association, but can't. help?

18. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=tpe/index.html

No luck with the above link?

I guess you need to find this guy called Lu Kun-Shan (盧崑山). He is their chief. Maybe if email doesn't work then send an old fashioned letter. Better to write in Chinese also.

[​IMG]

This is what he looks like.

20. stellarboy

stellarboy Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Davao City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Chinese Taipei's new head coach Ch'iang Muchai and some of the team's players on their first training sessions for the upcoming Philippine Football Peace Cup, formerly the Long Teng Cup, to be held in Manila on Sept. 25-29.

21. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei
    Since how little our country can contribute to the footballing world, I think it's time to share my personal pain and gain from the universal sport after these troubling years on this island nation:

Someone will hand the idea down, I believe. The best thing I can do now is as follows:

22. Soccer Player 7

Soccer Player 7 New Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Club:
    RAEC Mons
    Hello. I am a prospective soccer player, mother born in Taiwan. I play on the highest level club you can play at in the U.S. However I am not good enough to play on the U.S. National team. We currently have 3 national team players on our team so that gives you an idea of the level I play at. I really would like a chance to play for Taiwan and represent my country. How can I get a chance though by living in the U.S.? I don't have any connections within the soccer infrastructure within Taiwan. Any suggestions?

23. Effington

Effington Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Just felt like joining in here. I was in Taiwan a few years ago and picked up a national team jersey. It was a tiny shop the size of a two car garage in a tight area in Taipei. It was actually pretty hard to find. They had some other jerseys of European teams, it was probably the only soccer shop in town. Pretty cool experience.

24. persia1378

persia1378 Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Italy
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Chinese Taipei NT 0 - 1 Niroye Zamini (Iranian 3rd division). Match played in Tehran.

25. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway