Chinese Taipei National Team

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by jonny63, Feb 9, 2006.

1. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I think thats it Jonny, but i'm sure Thailand will be wanting something out of this, and if not money, then an easy route to 2011.

2. surge79uwf

surge79uwf Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Jackson Heights, NY
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If this league is to have a viable future, there should be a plan to convert the said teams into actual clubs.

There are a lot of viable stadiums in Taiwan, if only for the fact that they're all athletics. Look through Wikimapia.

3. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    Taipei City is the first champion. They won to Tainan County. Here the best XI of the league:

And the golden boot is to Lo Chih-en (Yilan County)

4. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei
    How did you know this?:rolleyes:

5. tehphil

tehphil Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anybody know where they sell chinese taipei jerseys online? go 台湾! :D

6. arcade_game-redded

Nov 10, 2006
    Hey! Is it really worth talking about Taiwanese football?

7. diclem87

diclem87 Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Zaragoza
    Because I´ve seen it on the Wikipedia page of the Chinese Taipei league.

8. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei
    Why not? There's already a Mongolia thread in this forum and lots of posts in it. I'd like to know news from those 'emerging' football countries as well because these countries really play 'pure' football.

9. scchiang

scchiang New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Taipei
    I heard it is impossible to get the jersey because there's no production for selling, unless you're one of the players.

10. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei
    Intercity League Final: Fighting Spirits Caused Taipei City's Win Of The Title

Now I renamed the Domestic City League to Intercity League for a accordance with the wiki.

<<
    The 1st edition of the Intercity League finals has been finished. It was the Taipei City team clinched the final by a 3-0 win over Tainan County while Ilan County claimed the 3rd place by beating Chiayi County, with a close 3-2 scoreline.
    >>

[​IMG]

The first run of the Intercity League finals is a north-to-south battle for Taipei City and Tainan City. Taipei's side safely took the championship by a 3-0 victory to Tainan. As for the 3rd-placed play-off, Ilan County almost lost the chance to win it, finally they got passed by a close 3-2 win over Chiayi County. (Picture from CTFA)

Just one minute after the kick started, Taipei City's Lin Kuei-Pin scored the 1st goal, also the only one in the first half. As the match went into the second half, it was Fang Jing Ren and Tseng Tai Lin who scored again for Taipei City in the 55th and 83rd minute respectively and expand the scoreline to 3-0. Though Tainan City wanted to setback and created numerous opportunities, they were in vain after the final whistle blew, seeing their opponents win the 1st prize - 200,000NTD cashes. However, Tainan City still had 100,000NTD cashes as they won the 2nd place title.

Chiang Mu-tsai, the head coach of the Taipei City team, said that it is the exciting vibe and fighting spirits caused the victory. He also referenced the success of Iraq national team in the 2007 AFC Asian Cup, stating that the sorta fairy tale story also consists of the both factors. He then insisted on that his squad doesn't make changes since the National Athletics Games up until the Intercity League matches end. Thus, the team can always keep a high and fighing spirit.

In the third-placed final, Ilan County and Chiayi County made a 1-1 draw in the first half. The struggle continued as the two teams still fought a 2-2 tie after regular 90 minutes. The match then went into the extra time. In the very end 106th minute, Ilan's player Bai Chih Hung skipped Chiayi's defense and shot from the left of his enemies' goal, becoming the key player who help Ilan win the 3rd place. Even so, the coach of Ilan County Lin Wen-yu still is not satisfied by his team's performance. "We're just having a more good fit advantage, the attitude from our players are bad. When they knew they only can win the 3rd place at most, they were all like blown baloons." The coach said in a strict tongue.

Translated from: http://sports.news.yam.com/yam/sports/200712/20071209044638.html (in Chinese)

11. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  12. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei
    Looks like the ASEAN Football Championship:D

13. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei
    Football circumstances in Chinese Taipei

From EAFF website.

Though written in 2003, it still coincides with the football circumstances nowadays... After the recent legislator election, I can smell a sense of new hope coming... however I might have been daydreaming...

14. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei
    [2008-01-20] Draft issues ends Lu Kun-Chi's short football trip in Japan

Being the first Taiwanese footballer playing in Japan, Lu Kun-Chi recently has returned home to compete in the Enterprise Football League for his graduate school team National Taiwan College of Physical Education, which is named as 'Molton Tso I' in this season. As for his club in Japan, Lu stated that he has temporarily ended the contract with Grulla Morioka for draft reasons.

"The reason why I came back to Taiwan is because of the draft issues. Thus, I had to put an end to my contract with the Japanese club side and stay here for taking the Master courses. In the future I probably will compete in the domestic league games and also look for a chance to back to Japan again." Lu Kun-Chi said that he now put the league games in the first priority.

During the recent five matches of Molton Tso I, Lu has played the first two but missed the following three games for injuries, as he told the reporter. He also added that the Enterprise Football League is the best way to have his younger schoolmates prepared for the upcoming University Cup.

[​IMG]

15. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    AFC Challenge Cup in Chinese Taipei from 2 April . How do you prepare ?

16. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei
    I've checked the calendar published on our FA website:
    In January and February they do training at our national sports center located in Tainan county. In March they'll fly to Thailand for more advanced training. Since I'm not a national team player nor a team managing staff, I don't know the actual circumstances of our team right now:(

17. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Matches in AFC Challenge Cup qualifiers :

2 april Taiwan - Pakistan
    4 april Taiwan - Guam
    6 April Taiwan - Sri Lanka

News about Taiwan NT ?

18. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei
    Warm-up matches:
    March 7 vs Taipower (ended 0-0)
    March 13 vs Thailand Youth Team (dunno which age level)
    March 15 vs BEC Tero
    March 17 vs Osotsapa F.C

On March 18 they'll fly back to Taiwan.

19. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  20. scchiang

scchiang New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Taipei
    Recently someone reported in PTT that Chinese Taipei jersey, both home and away, could be bought at Chinese Taipei Football Association's office. But I'm afraid you still have to go to Taiwan to get them. :rolleyes:

21. Maldives

Maldives Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Maldives
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    India to play friendlies against Chinese Taipei......

22. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei
    Introduction to "Taiwanese Football On The Alert"

As I am going to military school in July, I decided to make some last efforts on the sport of football in Taiwan. Why I used the title, Taiwanese Football On The Alert, is because of an ongoing incident here.

Whether you believe it or not, In Taiwan, the only FIFA-certified playing venue, Taipei Chungshan Stadium, is scheduled to be closed for three years. For what? TO PREPARE FOR THE 2010/11 INTERNATIONAL HORTICULTURAL EXHIBITION! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

It is well known that most Taiwanese-including the mass and the media are only interested in baseball or basketball. And if there is a sport other than the both mentioned above gaining a medal, everybody will take a look at it, and forget it soon. Due to the little achievements of football/soccer here, only less than one percent population take the sport seriously, let alone a football madman like me. But, our rights cannot be discarded or ignored easily. I will let the Taipei City Government know that they've made a wrong decision to 'kidnap' the football field as one of their locations used for hosting the exhibition.

Some may ask if there is no expedient for the situation, yes, there is one according to the official response: ALL THE INTERNATIONAL MATCHES HAVE TO TAKE PLACE ON THE RIVERSIDE FOOTBALL GROUNDS. It is truly a farce-no dressing room, showing room and seats. So, the story goes. (to be continued...)

23. midmaestro

midmaestro Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Taiwan(ROC)
    Nat'l Team:
    Chinese Taipei
    "Taiwanese Football On The Alert" Prelude

Let me excerpt the wiki article of Chungshan Soccer Stadium first:

Temporary close

In March 2007, Taipei City Government announced that Yuanshan will be replacing Guandu Plain for the main venue of the 2010 International Garden and Horticulture Exhibition hosted in Taipei. In their plan, Chungshan Soccer Stadium, being one of the major parts of the Yuanshan area, would serve as the primary venue of the exhibition, featuring indoor activities. As a result, the stadium is scheduled to be closed on July 1, 2008.

However, the Chinese Taipei Football Association made a statement in its official site on June 29, 2007 to oppose the proposal. They stated that Chungshan Soccer Stadium is the only FIFA-approved stadium in Taiwan at present. If it is closed, Taiwan (Chinese Taipei) would lose its home ground and would not be allowed to hold international football competitions.

Though there are several ongoing construction projects of new stadiums, including Kaohsiung Stadium (traditional Chinese: 高雄國家體育館) for World Games 2009 and new Taipei Municipal Stadium for 2009 Summer Deaflympics. But both cannot be complete prior to the end of 2008.

On September 30, 2007, Taipei City Mayor Hau Lung-pin committed to delay the stadium's close schedule to the end of 2008 for hosting 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification and 2008 AFC Challenge Cup qualifiers.

Whether how Taiwanese people cold-shoulder the sport or how much fleer we football fans and our players have to bear, but closing up the only home ground of our national football team for that reason is surely an "international big joke." The ROC probably will be the first country in the history using the national stadium field as a garden to plant flowers, for hosting a horticulture exhibition.

In the following posts, I will make a digest of all the reviews and critics on the issue, and finally state out the troubles our country's football have to meet in the following three years even if the closing time postponed to this December. Altogether, the motivation behind Taiwanese Football On The Alert is to make more people be aware that the football here is in a jam and the situation is worse than any other country in the world, even the so-called football desert, the US. (to be continued)

24. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    24 and 27 May India - Chinese Taipei

Live updates on www.indianfootball.com

Today

India - Chinese Taipei 0-0 HT

25. Maldives

Maldives Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Maldives